oneBoro Forum

Boro v Tottenham (FA Cup) 1-1 (Fletcher)

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its mad how everything seems rosier when your club is riding a good wave.  I've just said hello to the wife for the first time in months 

Well played fellas. Draw a fair result.  No complaints. See you at our place. Any one need any advice give me a shout. 

Today was class but I'm proud to be from Boro regardless, I love the place and honestly it makes me happy to turn up to the Riverside every match day. I work down the road from the stadium and the Tra

Posted Images

2 hours ago, SmogDane said:

Do you ever write about football, or only about things that baffles you in other human beings views and opinions? 🙄

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

It's what Will does these days. I remember when he used to have good opinions about football and would actively contribute to discussions. It's like him and CT have switched bodies.

😂

5 hours ago, TBWAH said:

Worth noting is that unlike other 'north' London clubs we announce attendance as bums on seats not tickets sold. 

I think our attendance is calculated by asking Mark Page to pull a number out of a tombola. The stadium looked pretty chocca on Sunday, yet the attendance was announced as roughly 8,000 below capacity.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I think our attendance is calculated by asking Mark Page to pull a number out of a tombola. The stadium looked pretty chocca on Sunday, yet the attendance was announced as roughly 8,000 below capacity.

I did like it when Mark Page did the tombola yesterday and he got the lad up from a suicide prevention charity and gave him a very dull reception then turned round and basically jizzed over Duzza. He kept it up during the draw too.

18 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

To be honest I've seen Boro yo-yo between the top and 2nd tier so many times that the shine has worn off a bit.

Play-offs? Meh.

Getting promoted under Karanka was great, but the excitement wore off pretty quickly when it became obvious we were on a hiding to nothing and going straight back down.

My Best moment was away at Wolves 92 season,winning promotion to the Prem,when that whistle went and we'd won 2-1 after going down to 10 men and going 1 down and hugging & Kissing a perfect stranger(Female, I hasten to add) Never seen her before or since)but we shared a moment that will stay with me forever,before I had to run for the train back to Plymouth...Oh those days 

Tickets on sale from 1pm today

Adult: £20

Over-65: £15

18-21: £15

Under-18: £10

Family Ticket: £40 (2 Adults & 2 U18s)

Tickets will go on sale to supporters with 82 or more Priority Points from 1pm on Tuesday January 7.

Supporters with 70 or more Priority Points will be able to buy from 9am on Wednesday January 8.

Supporters with 30 or more Priority Points can buy from 1pm on Wednesday January 8.

Any remaining tickets will then go to general sale from 9am on Thursday January 9.

Subject to availability, tickets will be sold until 3pm on Friday January 10.

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/ticket-information-for-fa-cup-replay-at-tottenham-hotspur

Teddy will be pleased not only about the game but going to bed late on a schoolnight!

Makes life easier as there was no guarentee of getting a ticket anywaythough would have liked to visit the ground

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Barnaby said:

My Best moment was away at Wolves 92 season,winning promotion to the Prem,when that whistle went and we'd won 2-1 after going down to 10 men and going 1 down and hugging & Kissing a perfect stranger(Female, I hasten to add) Never seen her before or since)but we shared a moment that will stay with me forever,before I had to run for the train back to Plymouth...Oh those days 

Yep when the whistle blew that afternoon is was unreal & as you have explained totally un Boro 

On 1/6/2020 at 11:50 AM, Will said:

So instead you are more excited about 16th in the Championship and a draw against a decent Premier League side? I'm genuinely baffled.

I never said I was excited.

I just said I haven't felt this good about the team for a long time.

For most of the past 10 years or so, we've been aiming at promotion (and mostly failing). We've had a revolving cast of managers and players come and go. Gibson has alternately splashed the cash or tightened the purse strings.

Over the last couple of years or so, the chickens have really come home to roost, as far as the club's finances are concerned and we've finally got a real indication of just how bad the situation is. Coupled with the way we started the season, it looked for a while as though we would be dropping into League 1 and possibly even doing a Bury.

Since December, however, we've seen a real change sweep through the club...certainly in terms of attitude, commitment, performances...and most crucially results. Which is even more impressive when you consider the limited spending and chronic injury problems with the squad.

So, weird as it may sound, recovering like that, after a pretty disastrous start, has given me a really good feeling. If the manager and players can work together under really tough circumstances, it bodes well for the future (assuming things have got as bad as they're going to get).

• Like 1