oneBoro Forum
boro-unger

Boro v Tottenham (FA Cup) 1-1 (Fletcher)

Playing well. For a young inexperienced team, with only one recognised CB I think we’re doing great. Just can’t see us scoring in open play though. 
Good to see Howson as captain.

• Like 2

Good defending first half. Always leaves it open for us to score a lucky goal and win. Just look at them huge chances we had from the free kick

I think we're playing pretty well. Howson is some man isn't he

• Like 3

Good half from Boro defended very well and had the best chances of the half

Think the midfield is performing well. Fry and Howson best players in red. Need to try and operate 10-15 yrds upfield to involve Tav/Fletcher more 

Just now, Borodan said:

I think we're playing pretty well. Howson is some man isn't it 

So composed is Howson

Good first half from us. Very good defensive display. I was hoping Roberts would more of an outlet for counter attacks. He been invisible as opposed to Tav and Fletcher. 

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Dele Alli booked for diving

International class diving.... haaaa

• Like 1

This is why I think howson must be offered a new contract. 

Playing as expected, never gonna control the possession but if we can get a couple of chances we could snatch this.

• Like 2

Thought we played really well in that half. Playing against a full strength Spurs side they were always going to dominate possession, but to have the best chances of that half and look confident in terms of trying to take on players is really good to see.

If anything, we've actually looked too confident at times with some of the positions we're trying to take players on!

Not a bad half. If only we'd nicked a goal when we had two golden chances. Although maybe better to nick the goal a bit later on so we don't have to defend as long!

Is Karanka in charge of Spurs now? I can see where he gets it from. There's an air of familiarity of the tactics from the opposition today. How we never put it away in the box... should definitely be a goal up!

• Latest Posts

• 1.       Did Sunday’s game make you wish you’d never got into football in the first place? No, but it was the lowest I've felt after a game for a long time, probably compounded by lockdown etc  2.       Since we lost the last game, should we be expecting to win this one? Yes, NW will have them firing and I think we'll see a performance similar to the Forest game. 3.       Can you name eleven fit Boro players and put them into some semblance of a formation? 3-4-3 Bettinelli Mcnair Wood Bola Spence Howson Saville Coulson Roberts Watmore Akpom 4.       If we could resign one Boro player from the last ten years, who would it be, and why? If we could resign someone at the same age/condition we signed them initially then i'd say Leadbitter. I think he'd thrive under Warnock and bring some much needed leadership. If it's someone who's still in the game then it would have to be Traore. 5.       Have you been in an accident in the last five years that wasn’t your fault? No.
    • 1. No, but it completely ruined the match for me and I'm still angry now. 2. It's a game we absolutely should be winning, but then so was Birmingham, Sheffield Wednesday etc... 3. Bit worried about Wood likely starting after his performance yesterday, but I expect he'll be better prepared this time. 4. Traore, he'd tear this league apart. 5. I actually don't think I have!
    • It seems most January windows end with Gibson having a call to make on what he wants to do. I hope we have a Jordon Rhodes/Ramirez week rather than  a Gestede week.
    • I think I will still be in shock and disbelief about the last game till after this game, regardless of whether we win or lose. 
    • 1: No, but I was close to vomiting. 2: Yes 3: Bets, Hows, Wood, McNair, Bola -- Morsy, Saville, Watmore, Roberts, Britt, Chuba 4: Bamford - He is what we need at the moment .. Someone who can finish and make it look clever at the same time. 5: No accidents