oneBoro Forum
boro-unger

Boro v Tottenham (FA Cup) 1-1 (Fletcher)

Decent first half but we can do better and whilst Spurs are still trying to fathom out how to play without Kane we should really be taking advantage of this.

I see Mourinho went in early to put the kettle on for the boys..lol

Not been able to watch all of that half but from what I saw you can tell which team is the Premier outfit. We seem very sloppy with our first touch and our options get shut down quickly.

But we are still in it. And it is no where near as bad as what I was expecting when the draw was made.

We just need to push up a little more and we might snatch something.

What a change in our defensive performances since earlier in the season, have we got a new defensive coach or have the players just started to listen. We used to be all over the place, with full backs picking their noses and the cb,s left isolated. Now we operate more as a unit, keep a straight line and look forward not back, all basic stuff but what an improvement it makes to our shape

• Like 1

0-0 and a good 0-0 for us.

4 wins seems to have given us a little more confidence as you would expect. Think we may be giving Spurs too much reespect, but understandable given their standing in the Premier League compared to our current situation.

10 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Wow, BT Sport commentary is terrible.

I liked it when the west country farmer one pronouced Karankas name

'ay-ee-tor'

• Like 2

How’s everyone watching the game (for people not in the ground). What’s links are there? 

Found! Thank you 🙂

Overall a decent showing from us against a full spurs side. We've not looked overawed despite playing with what feels like a team full of kids. 

Fry has been immense there I wonder if Jose's thinking he'd be better for him than that fridge Dier hopefully not. Roberts corners look dangerous and he's lively if a little rusty my only thing with Roberts so far is he looks very left footed. Everyone's done well that half even Saville we keep it tight and it's set up for a snatch and grab on a set piece  or a Nmecha supersub debut either way I like the way we're approaching it little margins and decisions are costing us on that final moment before it can be played behind.

I'll like Gestede to come on as Spurs are very vunerable at set pieces and in the air

About what I expected.

Spurs with the lion's share of possession and looking dangerous every time they come forward...though Mejias(?) hasn't had too much to do other than collecting high balls and a few tame efforts.

Was encouraging to see Boro pose a threat from set pieces. Gazzaniga forced into a smart double save at one point.

OTOH it was frustrating to see us camping in our own penalty area for the last 5-10 minutes. You simply can't allow a team of Spurs' quality to have that much time & space to play, or they WILL hurt you.

We know Spurs can blow hot & cold. Given we've managed to frustrate them for the first half, maybe the game will open up 2nd half? Boro do need to sharpen up though - stop giving the ball away so cheaply, spread out a bit more to create passing opportunities, so the ball doesn't keep going back to the keeper.

Would like to think we can at least get a replay (suppose the extra money would help). But far from the end of the world if we lose.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pikerman said:

What a change in our defensive performances since earlier in the season, have we got a new defensive coach or have the players just started to listen. We used to be all over the place, with full backs picking their noses and the cb,s left isolated. Now we operate more as a unit, keep a straight line and look forward not back, all basic stuff but what an improvement it makes to our shape

His name rhymes with Schmeil Mornock.

• Haha 1

Boro doing what they need to do and doing it well.

We are toothless without Kane.

• Like 2

Wow, Liverpool really not giving a *** about the FA Cup. Seen their lineup against Everton?

• Angry 1

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

His name rhymes with Schmeil Mornock.

Ah, that famous Jewish coach who used to work in the  MLS. 😁

• Latest Posts

• I'm hoping Forest will be a little leggy for this game,with playing Wed,and travel,But there are no easy games in the Championship...Just hope we can continue our form 
    • Two scoring draws last term between the teams and always a close call before that. Forest you would expect to shrug off their poorish start and to progress, but they will also be desperate to start winning. However I would suspect Houghton will be content with a point at the Riverside but for Boro we need to start winning back to back games and I believe we will be too much for Forest and achieve a rare event of late. Maybe travelling teams will be showing a bit more respect towards us as a whole but I do think the game will be very different than seen against Coventry. Going for a home win though at start of season would have been ok with a draw  
    • Forest have so many attacking options, IF we win this it'll set a great marker for where we are heading.
    • I can see Spence dropping to the bench and one of bola or Johnson stepping in, with tav on the right. I assume that was the purpose of the subs the other night. roberts back to the bench as well perhaps.... if no akpom, I’m comfortable with Browne starting, he has done everything asked of him so far. Midfield and defence picks itself, barring injury 
    • So I've seen lots of highlights recently where both penalties and red cards were given, I thought they'd moved away from red cards if it was a penalty, or is it still a red card for being last man?