oneBoro Forum
boro-unger

Boro v Tottenham (FA Cup) 1-1 (Fletcher)

Brilliant performance, especially from McNair and Howson. Proud to be a Boro fan today. The performance might encourage potential signings to view joining us more favourably. And the revenue from the replay might help our FFP!

• Like 2

Well played fellas. Draw a fair result. 

No complaints.

See you at our place. Any one need any advice give me a shout. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I've just switched to Sky. For some reason they have just shown a picture of us in the kit with the sash band we had in the play off season under Karanka???

Well played Boro, outstanding performances from McNair, Fry and Howson, we really are starting to look like a proper team

• Like 2

Roberts looks like he’s going to be some player. And Tav gets better and better. I think those two could link up very well 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

They've fallen a long way since then.

They've been dangerous, but nowhere close to giving us a thrashing.

Plus the best way to defend is to keep the ball away from your penalty area. We have camped too much at times.

I stand by everything I said.

ok 

Woodgate got his tactics absolutely dead on. We were organised, patient, attacked at the right times, defended at the right times. Just about a perfect performance when considering the status of the two teams, just a pity they got their goal.

• Like 3

Went a lot better than most of us would have hoped or expected.

Boro were under the cosh for a lot of the game (no surprise) but defended resolutely most of the time, when needed and managed a few decent attacks of their own.

Overall a draw is a fair result I feel. Spurs always looked dangerous when in possession, but seemed to share our lack of quality with the final ball & finishing.

The return trip to London will add some much needed funds into the club's coffers, but I fully expect Spurs to end up in the next round.

But credit to our lads for putting in a performance that in no way embarrassed them.

• Like 3

Cracking performance the player's are working their socks of and looking  forward to hopefully getting tickets for the replay. As wanna see this £1 billion stadium 🤩

• Like 2

Well done Boro. Had a good go at it. 

I think most fans are just happy that we give a good account of ourselfs and played for the shirt. 

We look a totally different team/club currently, long may it continue. Utb 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Pretty incredible result looking at the teams at kickoff I worried but well proud of that display against one of the stronger XIs you'll find in the Prem. Mejias made a couple of brilliant saves, Mcnair/Fry/Howson were outstanding and Roberts/Nmecha showed glimpses of what they're about it's pretty exciting even if we didn't quite click it consistently on the ball today I thought we held our line well again and on to Derby hopefully we carry the confidence through again and get ourselves 4/5 off the playoffs.

Edited by Jamie-H
  • Like 2

I dont know if anyone else feels like they can shine a light but given the amount of times the attendance has been laughed at in the stadium this season for adding on numbers that seemingly weren't there did anybody else seem like the attendance today was ironically the other way, other than 200 250 in the north east corner and 200 250 in the south west I couldnt see a single spare seat and the attendance was about 26600, making us a 27k stadium...

2 minutes ago, Pork Slops said:

I dont know if anyone else feels like they can shine a light but given the amount of times the attendance has been laughed at in the stadium this season for adding on numbers that seemingly weren't there did anybody else seem like the attendance today was ironically the other way, other than 200 250 in the north east corner and 200 250 in the south west I couldnt see a single spare seat and the attendance was about 26600, making us a 27k stadium...

Was going to ask actually. What was the attendance?

2 minutes ago, BoroAbroad said:

Was going to ask actually. What was the attendance?

^^^ 26600 or something like that I think ha.

• Like 1

• Latest Posts

• Two scoring draws last term between the teams and always a close call before that. Forest you would expect to shrug off their poorish start and to progress, but they will also be desperate to start winning. However I would suspect Houghton will be content with a point at the Riverside but for Boro we need to start winning back to back games and I believe we will be too much for Forest and achieve a rare event of late. Maybe travelling teams will be showing a bit more respect towards us as a whole but I do think the game will be very different than seen against Coventry. Going for a home win though at start of season would have been ok with a draw  
    • Forest have so many attacking options, IF we win this it'll set a great marker for where we are heading.
    • I can see Spence dropping to the bench and one of bola or Johnson stepping in, with tav on the right. I assume that was the purpose of the subs the other night. roberts back to the bench as well perhaps.... if no akpom, I’m comfortable with Browne starting, he has done everything asked of him so far. Midfield and defence picks itself, barring injury 
    • So I've seen lots of highlights recently where both penalties and red cards were given, I thought they'd moved away from red cards if it was a penalty, or is it still a red card for being last man?
    • Hopefully Akpom is fit and if he is I would go to a 3.5.2. I would also bring Coulson in. I want him to succeed here and NW said he looked bright in training. Betti Dijk Fry Paddy Tav Howson Morsy Sav Coulson Britt Akpom I would love a win but i rate forest. Would not be too disappointed with a draw.