oneBoro Forum

Boro v Tottenham (FA Cup) 1-1 (Fletcher)

10 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Well I'm not from Smog Town, so I can't be proud about that (did live there for a while though).

But this is probably the best I've felt about being a Boro supporter since our decade-plus stay in the Prem.

Really?

Better than the playoff season under Karanka? Or the promotion season?

• Like 1
  • Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its mad how everything seems rosier when your club is riding a good wave.  I've just said hello to the wife for the first time in months 

Well played fellas. Draw a fair result.  No complaints. See you at our place. Any one need any advice give me a shout. 

Today was class but I'm proud to be from Boro regardless, I love the place and honestly it makes me happy to turn up to the Riverside every match day. I work down the road from the stadium and the Tra

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Just wanted to say how sorry I am that your brilliant run is over Boro_Unger at least you did not bow out to a defeat.

Foogle you have a tough act to follow buddy!

I know we only drew, but isn't there a case for keeping BU doing league matchday threads, given how unlikely it was we'd win against Spurs?

I know Woody is suddenly a tactical genius, but we all know its really been his matchday threads that have turned our season around. 😁

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Will said:

Really?

Better than the playoff season under Karanka? Or the promotion season?

To be honest I've seen Boro yo-yo between the top and 2nd tier so many times that the shine has worn off a bit.

Play-offs? Meh.

Getting promoted under Karanka was great, but the excitement wore off pretty quickly when it became obvious we were on a hiding to nothing and going straight back down.

21 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

To be honest I've seen Boro yo-yo between the top and 2nd tier so many times that the shine has worn off a bit.

Play-offs? Meh.

Getting promoted under Karanka was great, but the excitement wore off pretty quickly when it became obvious we were on a hiding to nothing and going straight back down.

So instead you are more excited about 16th in the Championship and a draw against a decent Premier League side? I'm genuinely baffled.

1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

I know we only drew, but isn't there a case for keeping BU doing league matchday threads, given how unlikely it was we'd win against Spurs?

I know Woody is suddenly a tactical genius, but we all know its really been his matchday threads that have turned our season around. 😁

Believe me I did wrestle with this but others are waiting their turn, however I just might recall BU early if the situation arises:classic_cool:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

How far apart do you live? 😂

She sits on one end of the couch and I sit on the other. The middle is like no man's land. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wonder what kind of money we will e making from these two games, instead of going out against Newport. A game at Spurs new big stadium must be worth something. Maybe enough to cover a certain loan deal for a certain nephew.

32 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Wonder what kind of money we will e making from these two games, instead of going out against Newport. A game at Spurs new big stadium must be worth something. Maybe enough to cover a certain loan deal for a certain nephew.

FA cup is like basically 50/50 split on gate receipts (I think it's actually something like 45/45 with FA taking final 10%), and I imagine it will get televised as well. They're averaging about 58-59k at home this season, so it should be a fair old chunk of change.

7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

FA cup is like basically 50/50 split on gate receipts (I think it's actually something like 45/45 with FA taking final 10%), and I imagine it will get televised as well. They're averaging about 58-59k at home this season, so it should be a fair old chunk of change.

Quick math; 50k tickets sold at roughly 25 pounds equals 1.250.000 so roughly 500k for each club plus the TV money. I have no idea what they are selling tickets at for the game, but it can't be expensive. A weeknight third round fixture against a lower league team. Not bad.

28 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Don’t think it is on live tv, so no fees there ( £72k, if it is). Replays is 42.5% of gate each. apart from FA 10%,  the other 5% goes to be split between any non league club that got through to first round proper, apparently. 

1 hour ago, ScarBoro said:

Don’t think it is on live tv, so no fees there ( £72k, if it is). Replays is 42.5% of gate each. apart from FA 10%,  the other 5% goes to be split between any non league club that got through to first round proper, apparently. 

Interesting, didn't know about that 5% I knew non league clubs really want to make the 1st round proper but I always thought it was for prestige, but it makes even more sense if they also get a trickle down of gate receipts!

2 hours ago, Brunners said:

Worth noting is that unlike other 'north' London clubs we announce attendance as bums on seats not tickets sold. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Foogle said:

Saville has really impressed the last couple of games, is it any coincidence that he's looked much better playing in a holding midfield 2 - as he did at Millwall - compared to when he's playing in a formation with 3/4 other centre mids?

Saville could be a beast in a Karanka set up 😉

6 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Play-offs? Meh.

Total anti climax ...

And then Monk got 50 m £ which Karanka should have had 6 months earlier!

• Like 1