oneBoro Forum

Boro v Tottenham (FA Cup) 1-1 (Fletcher)

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its mad how everything seems rosier when your club is riding a good wave.  I've just said hello to the wife for the first time in months 

Well played fellas. Draw a fair result.  No complaints. See you at our place. Any one need any advice give me a shout. 

Today was class but I'm proud to be from Boro regardless, I love the place and honestly it makes me happy to turn up to the Riverside every match day. I work down the road from the stadium and the Tra

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Keepers don’t need to be rested. They are far more likely to get injured on the training pitch than in a match. It’s pretty unusual for a keeper to go off injured during a match. They get a lot more shots fired at them and crosses swung in at them in a training session. I don’t see the logic and it seems unfair on the lad. 

It's clearly not being dropped. Sol Brynn is on the bench. He's absolutely being kept out in case of a knock or to give Mejias a chance. Exactly the same as when Randolph sat out the League Cup game.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

It's clearly not being dropped. Sol Brynn is on the bench. He's absolutely being kept out in case of a knock or to give Mejias a chance. Exactly the same as when Randolph sat out the League Cup game.

Ok then, he’s being “rested” not “dropped” after an arduous 7 match season. 

Their defence has been awful lately we'll probably get at least 1 goal the problem is I have visions of Son ripping us apart. No shame in losing to that Spurs side when we're fielding 1 actual CB. Interested seeing how Spence and Coulson fair offensively as well does their pace match up to the higher tier PL because Friend and Barragans sure didn't.

I'll predict 3-1 Spurs win hopefully a decent display offensively and Roberts/Nmecha having bright moments.

Edited by Jamie-H
Just now, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Ok then, he’s being “rested” not “dropped” after an arduous 7 match season. 

Second choice keepers often get cup games. Pears played when Randolph was "rested" and now mejias is playing while pears is "rested"

• Like 1

Spurs haven't spared anything today. Was gonna say they've put their second keeper in but Gazzaniga has been playing for them too. This looks like a full strength selection, at least in the first team today. Big test.

I cannot understand how it can come as a big sursprise, that other keepers get their chance in the cups?

Mejias also played in the cups last time he was here. 

It has been like that, that the second keeper gets cup games as long as I can remember.