• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Middlesbrough vs Derby County (H)                                  Mel Morris has given Wayne a massive bumper deal to return to England and sign for Derby, he’s on so much money he can fina

A zimmer frame for Wayne? 😝   Oh, sorry - not that kind of support?

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

image.png.0426453298dca2fc3d846fa46aeb3105.png

confused confusion GIF

Possibly he meant the Admins. I think we only have the one, don't we (Mr OneBoro himself)?

AFAIK Mods only have the power to moderate posts - not make changes to the forum.

7 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Possibly he meant the Admins. I think we only have the one, don't we (Mr OneBoro himself)?

AFAIK Mods only have the power to moderate posts - not make changes to the forum.

house fan GIF

• Like 2

They're not a chatty bunch on that Derby forum, are they? I know it's a predictions page, but most of them have literally just typed a score.

Mind you, I shudder to think what people visiting COB or FMTTM would think of Boro fans. My Google history is biased towards OB because I'm on it all the time, but I wonder which site would come higher in search results if you'd never visited a Boro forum before?

4 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

They're not a chatty bunch on that Derby forum, are they? I know it's a predictions page, but most of them have literally just typed a score.

Mind you, I shudder to think what people visiting COB or FMTTM would think of Boro fans. My Google history is biased towards OB because I'm on it all the time, but I wonder which site would come higher in search results if you'd never visited a Boro forum before?

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/34129-v-middlesbrough-a-matchday-thread/

theres the matchday thread 👍

29 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

It was a very tongue in cheek post 🤪

38 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I've just had a look to see how they're feeling. A lot of them are using frgs or fgs, does anyone know what this means?

I'd love to see Boro's run go on but I'm nervous, I'll go for a very nervy 1-0.

Just now, Woof Woof said:

I've just had a look to see how they're feeling. A lot of them are using frgs or fgs, does anyone know what this means?

I'd love to see Boro's run go on but I'm nervous, I'll go for a very nervy 1-0.

FGS = First Goal Scorer

I'm assuming

FRGS = First Rams Goal Scorer 

• Like 1

Which academy graduate has impressed you the most this season?

Has to be Djed Spence who has been a breath of fresh air on the right - every time he gets the ball he looks to go forward and commit his opposite number.

Coulson has been good but not as exciting for me. Tav has been great the last few matches and is really maturing well. Pears is looking every inch the new Boro No. 1. Fry has continued to show he has a great future here. 

Wayne Rooney or Lewis Wing, who wears their hair transplant better?

Wing's hair looks like Cadfael.... but it still looks better than Mickey's. 

Will we see any of the new boys starting?

No, I thought Roberts was too anonymous for much of the Tottingham match and Nmecha looked off the pace too. Unless they've shown something in training this week I'd just stick them on the bench. 

What position will Boro finish come the end of the season? 

I'd be happy with mid-table anonymity. Settle down this season and push on with the academy graduates next season. 

Would you make any changes to the personnel or formation?

We need Clayton and Saville to step up and neutralize Rooney - pack the midfield.

Formation 5-3-1-1 with Tav playing off Fletcher.

Score predictions for this one?

Boro 2 - 0 Derby

5 minutes ago, Uwe said:

FGS = First Goal Scorer

I'm assuming

FRGS = First Rams Goal Scorer 

I assumed they were just saying player names and then exclaiming For Goodness Sake in protest, thought it might be a midlands thing...

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Foogle said:

I assumed they were just saying player names and then exclaiming For Goodness Sake in protest, thought it might be a midlands thing...

Born and raised in Derby (luckily to parents from Boro and Stockton) and I can confirm that For Goodness Sake isn't a classic Midlands remark. Now, calling someone Duck is a different kettle of fish. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, BelgianBoro said:

Born and raised in Derby (luckily to parents from Boro and Stockton) and I can confirm that For Goodness Sake isn't a classic Midlands remark. Now, calling someone Duck is a different kettle of fish. 

Rams, Ducks, Fish-filled kettles sounds like a barmy place! 🤯

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tough to choose which academy player has been best. Probably Coulson for me, as he's done it all season, but he just shades Tav who I think has been pretty good too. Both go forward really well and Tav especially links our midfield with attack so well. Always looks to move the ball forward. Spence and Pears haven't really played long enough yet, but both look promising. It's so refreshing to have two attacking full backs in the side with pace.

No idea on the hair Apparently hair hasn't been my thing for the past 15 years🙄

I'd be tempted to start with the same lineup as against Preston. Thought we played really well and Fletcher/Gestede proved at decent combo. If we can have Gestede hammer their defenders for 60 mins and then send on two quick players like Roberts and Lukas then that might be very good gameplan.

No idea on the finishing position. Seems like everything between 6th and 21st is a real possibility.

5 hours ago, BelgianBoro said:

Rather like the Pottermouth character who calls the Adrian Chiles show on 5 Live every Friday, around midday (although he's meant to be a Stoke fan).

• Like 1

reallly looking forward to this game. wozza has given them a lift on the pitch since he come into the team. but like someone stated they are pap at the back and one thing we can be certain of. we will test that backline at our place.

Bit of a grudge match to should be a competetive game. not just another slow burner that never really lights up. like a lot of champo games.

Which academy graduate has impressed you the most this season?

We probs all agree all the lads have impressed except walker who isnt really ready yet. But because its Steve Pears son gone with Aynsley. I've been over the moon with him and the staff must be to consider selling randy. Tav is a great player i was saying this over a year ago. stating how we should be playing him over braithwaite because he is better than him already. spence and coulson have been great to. given us big lift, its also helped the senior pro's imo. with the young lads playing the likes of clayton and saville etc have all rallied together to support them on the pitch and everyone seems to be taking responsibility in games rather than let the games pass them by (ahem saville). shows the importance of having the proper club setup with senior pro's mixed with the kids. for a club like us, its the way it should always be, signing multi million pound deals for a squad player was criminal and was killing us. pulis monk and in future any other fools like them should be no where near our club. Derby look like they are doign the same thing as us. we are pretty similar clubs tbh. not just because they copied our stadium either lol.

Wayne Rooney or Lewis Wing, who wears their hair transplant better?

dont think anyone wears a hair transplant, you wear a hat or a wig not new hair lol

will we see any of the new boys starting?

roberts will start, pretty sure of it, he aint going to get match fit coming on for 20min. looking forward to see him on the ball more, spurs starved us of the ball rather a lot. he'll be keen to maek him mark in this one.

What position will Boro finish come the end of the season?

no idea really, but i'm hoping to fiinish with low 70's and sneak a playoff spot. but we need a lot of things to go our way for that. its a tough ask. we'll probably end up mid 60's and go into next season looking for fight for the playoffs.

Would you make any changes to the personnel or formation?

i'm pretty sure we'll be same team as spurs, but we could see johnson come in for coulson. got to watch in behind with wozza and huddlestone looking for them diagonals, both good passes and will look to break on us when we lose possession. with the wingbacks high up the pitch i'll be worried about the gaps created out wide. we are looking very well organised now and i dont think we will be giving to many gifts away like we did at pp. missed early chaces then went 1-0 down and sav got sent off. it was a disaster that game. but eve nthen early in game we started to see the promise of better things. we've been keeping up that for longer now and confidence is high again. we'll not lose many tthe second half of the season.

Score predictions for this one?

we dont score a great deal and we also dont concede many. with derby loving to concede away from home i think we'll win this either 1-0 or 2-0. but would be surprised if its a 1-1 or 0-0. think i'll go 2-0 Boro tav to score first roberts with two assists.

UTB.

• Like 2