oneBoro Forum

Boro v Derby 2-2 ( Wing, McNair (pen) )

56 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Loving the optimism. I am.a bit nervous about this one. Derby also won last 4 i think so on a good run. Hope we win but dont think it will be easy. 

They've won the last 2 in the league, draw and 2 defeats before that.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Middlesbrough vs Derby County (H)                                  Mel Morris has given Wayne a massive bumper deal to return to England and sign for Derby, he’s on so much money he can fina

A zimmer frame for Wayne? 😝   Oh, sorry - not that kind of support?

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

They've won the last 2 in the league, draw and 2 defeats before that.

Oh sure i read we on same type of run. So won last 3 if you include fa cup. Would love a result v these and Birmingham. Happily take a draw v Fulham and i am just going to enjoy us v Spurs without any stress.

It’s got to be a quick paced game. If allow them to slow it down Rooney will run the show. Use the width press hard 

love woody now. big home game we are used to the team being setup to stifle. we'd have had 5 cb's and 4 cdm on if pulis was still gaffa. but we have two actual wingbacks 1 cb with two ball played midfielders either side of him two more attacking midfielders and 3 players who will be attacking rather than getting in the 10 man defensive wall lol

• Like 2
1 minute ago, mj south said:

343 formation with Tav and Roberts either side of Fletcher! Plenty of pace there, cant wait for this!

It's an extremely flexible lineup. We could be playing as above, a 352 with tav as an advanced mid behind the two forwards, a 433 with one of mcnair or howson moved up into midfield, a 4231 with saville and mcnair as the pivot and wing, tav and Roberts behind the striker.

This kind of lineup is a tactician dream. If woodgate is as good at reading the game from the bench as he was from centre back then he should be able to shift this starting line up around to suit any kind of style of play we come across and make changes when it's not working 

• Thanks 1

This is the type of lineup that I hoped for when we got rid of he who shall not be named. Well done Woodgate for having the balls to put it into practice. Should be a exciting watch.