• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Middlesbrough vs Derby County (H)                                  Mel Morris has given Wayne a massive bumper deal to return to England and sign for Derby, he’s on so much money he can fina

A zimmer frame for Wayne? 😝   Oh, sorry - not that kind of support?

Posted Images

Well a point is still useful, but it does feel like a missed opportunity, given we were twice in the lead.

I think if we'd taken our first half chances and killed the game off early, it would have been a different story.

Boro bossed the first half and Derby were barely in the game. First 15-20 minutes of the 2nd half, the roles were reversed. After they equalised, Boro took a while to get going again, but after we got the penalty, we looked very much in control again.

Last 10 minutes of matches seems to be a real weak point for Boro. We always look vulnerable and I'm always worried we'll concede.

Hope Woody has a chat with the lads to work on their game management, so we can close more games out, instead of this happening.

Overall a good performance, but paid the price for the few mistakes we did make.

• Like 1
Just now, Brunners said:

I'm sure CT will come on and find a way to absolve Fry of blame lol but that first goal is 100% his fault, what he was doing cocking around with it there I'll never know!

Still, as far as performances go that was top, top class again. Keep playing like that and we'll move up the table comfortably, we're not gonna concede fluke crosses and 25 yard volleys every week.

Agree he should of knocked it out for a throw. Ayala would of. Fry hasn't got the composure to play the ball like McNair or howson.

Definitely 2 points dropped there's no universe Derby deserved a point but then again neither did we against Forest away last month, I don't think we defended badly at all the only criticism was our midfield dropped too deep 2nd half or dove in needlessly but there's a bunch of positives there and there's more to come from our team than Derby's.

We're not 5 points off the playoffs like we'd have been if we won so through that prism it's deflating but there's potential in that team definitely I thought Pears was very good it's underrated but his distribution is spot on he kicks it on the mark every time he was brave with the crosses again and he threw his feet out well to deny Waghorn.

• Like 2

I suppose in the big picture it's a good thing that we're all disappointed with a point after playing Derby off the park at times. A month ago we'd have ripped someones arms off if they'd offered us a 2-2

Hopefully when he knocks off some more rust Roberts will be knocking chances like his first half effort in every time.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I suppose in the big picture it's a good thing that we're all disappointed with a point after playing Derby off the park at times. A month ago we'd have ripped someones arms off if they'd offered us a 2-2

Hopefully when he knocks off some more rust Roberts will be knocking chances like his first half effort in every time.

If you'd suggested a 2-2 draw against them a few weeks ago, I wouldn't have believed you. All the wins have made me gready now! 

• Like 2