oneBoro Forum

Boro v Derby 2-2 ( Wing, McNair (pen) )

Not a bad game. Gutting about the last minute goal though. 

It's great to have some pace in the team and players willing to run at the opposition, rather than the endless passing backwards. Thought Wing as everywhere today - great goal for him as well. 

We also discovered what the 'FGS' from the derby forum meant - Fat Granny Snogger... think that was the chant 😉

• Haha 2
  • Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Middlesbrough vs Derby County (H)                                  Mel Morris has given Wayne a massive bumper deal to return to England and sign for Derby, he’s on so much money he can fina

A zimmer frame for Wayne? 😝   Oh, sorry - not that kind of support?

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

God I hate Derby the jammy tw#ts. A cross that flies in and then their dm turns into fricken Del Piero. 

Saville is still pants.

Sorry but that’s very harsh. He played well and has done the last few games imo. All over the pitch. 
What are you expecting from him?

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Sorry but that’s very harsh. He played well and has done the last few games imo. All over the pitch. 
What are you expecting from him?

He made one big mistake today and other than that I thought he played that defensive role rather well.

• Like 1

Woodgate confirms post game we're staying down in London for the whole week, and that multiple clubs rejected us when we asked for somewhere to train. We will train at Crystal Palace for the week.

• Like 4

It wasnt the result the performance deserved but what is encouraging is we are now creating  chances even after going into a lead which hasnt felt like happening over the last few seasons. I can now actually see us getting 3+ goals in a game now. I think we are capable of handing out some thrashings if we carry on in this vein of form.

Edited by smogsterking the Inspirati
  • Like 1
39 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Fry costing us again, any other player would have been dropped long ago.

Bit harsh. I've slated Fry plenty this season (especially during our awful run a few months ago) but he's been class as of late. Made one mistake all game which unfortunately led to a super flukey goal but to say you want to drop him, considering we literally have no other CBs, when he's imo hitting his best form of the season is... interesting. 

1 minute ago, BoroJake said:

Pears needs to work on his clearances. He had some real trouble with them today 

I don’t think the wind helped. Every high ball went all over the place. Also diagonal balls from outfield players. 

Could Pears have done better for their 1st goal?. I’m sat in the North West upper so my view wasn’t the greatest to have a firm opinion either way. I’ll try to find a highlight of it.

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

I'm sure CT will come on and find a way to absolve Fry of blame lol but that first goal is 100% his fault, what he was doing cocking around with it there I'll never know!

Still, as far as performances go that was top, top class again. Keep playing like that and we'll move up the table comfortably, we're not gonna concede fluke crosses and 25 yard volleys every week.

No, it was poor play from him.  When he's responsible for something I'll happily say so.  He and we are obviously being asked to play out from the back and such but you need to know when to do it and when not to.  Because he has no left foot at all he is at a disadvantage playing where he does so he needs to know when to just play it safe, especially as he's often in the left back slot.  The goal however was a complete fluke, if people feel the need to apportion blame to one of our players then fair enough but it was no more than a mishit cross.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Brunners said:

You can't do much about that, it was a top class finish. Think if it ends 2-2 we'll have been very unlucky not to win the game.

We could stop leaving people unmarked on the edge of our penalty area.  We keep doing it and it keeps costing us.

9 minutes ago, p_mards said:

Could Pears have done better for their 1st goal?. I’m sat in the North West upper so my view wasn’t the greatest to have a firm opinion either way. I’ll try to find a highlight of it.

Their 1st is around the 1 minute mark, unless he's 7 foot tall I don't see how he can save it.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, p_mards said:

In my opinion, not really. It was a freak accident. Hit in the perfect place where he couldn't reach.

• Like 1