oneBoro Forum

Boro v Derby 2-2 ( Wing, McNair (pen) )

2 hours ago, Duvel said:

I said in my opening post that in comparison to last season and earlier this season that it's a big improvement. 

I just don't want to settle for entertaining lower mid-table football, right now it would be a huge improvement on last season but I want to strive for more as a club as well. We are traditionally a lower top flight club/ top half Championship club and I think there's still lots of room for improvement. 

Come on man we’d won 4 in a row before this game and clearly deserved to win, who is settling for lower mid table?  If we keep playing like that we will only go one way and will no way finish bottom half. 

Got to say I enjoyed that game so much, it’s great to see the team really attack as a team and not 2 or 3 isolated players. We had so many players in support. Big shout out to Coulson, what a game he had.  

• Like 3
  • Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Middlesbrough vs Derby County (H)                                  Mel Morris has given Wayne a massive bumper deal to return to England and sign for Derby, he’s on so much money he can fina

A zimmer frame for Wayne? 😝   Oh, sorry - not that kind of support?

Posted Images

I think the game falls into the "if only" catagory on reflection because no doubt had we have won many coud not argue about it not being deserved.

Learn from it and be a bit more ruthless next time when the team is on top

• Like 1
7 hours ago, sackrobson2 said:

Come on man we’d won 4 in a row before this game and clearly deserved to win, who is settling for lower mid table?  If we keep playing like that we will only go one way and will no way finish bottom half. 

Got to say I enjoyed that game so much, it’s great to see the team really attack as a team and not 2 or 3 isolated players. We had so many players in support. Big shout out to Coulson, what a game he had.  

I've said repeatedly that I enjoyed the game and it's a big improvement. 

I'm not happy to be in the bottom half and I still think there's more room for improvement. 

It's as simple as that, I'm allowed my own opinion aren't I? 

• Like 1

If you are allowed your own opinion, you can't be married...............

one last thought, ....did anyone else think officials had a fairly reasonable game in that they tried to keep game flowing by not blowing for every foul till end of possession and "playing advantage" where possible...definitely not perfect, but that attitude made a nice change from some of the whistle-happy guys we've had 

37 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I'm not happy to be in the bottom half and I still think there's more room for improvement. 

NO! Stick to the prevailing consensus or get the eff off my forum!

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

If you are allowed your own opinion, you can't be married...............

one last thought, ....did anyone else think officials had a fairly reasonable game in that they tried to keep game flowing by not blowing for every foul till end of possession and "playing advantage" where possible...definitely not perfect, but that attitude made a nice change from some of the whistle-happy guys we've had 

Yeah, I had very few complaints about the ref yesterday, which has been a rarity this season.

I still get annoyed by the linesmen being unable to make their own minds up about who to give throw ins to.

52 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Duvel I agree. Earlier in the season we had a great deal of draws and lost a few we really should have taken points but recently results have changed in our favour and more importantly, we look better. That said I think we can agree improvement can be seen in results and play but that does not mean we should settle for a mid/bottom of the table, although personally I had predicted a season mid table finish and would judge it a fair season. 
I’ll say one thing and that is, it would be a boring forum if we all agree with each other, so as long as it’s club related, not personnel or profanity laden then we take it or leave it. 

• Like 1

All there is to say is look how many good chances we created in the game and should’ve finished it off relatively easily, both Derby goals were pretty much unstoppable and can’t remember them creating a good chance apart from that in the whole game. That’s the 1/100 game where those sort of shots for Derby go in.  

19 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

looking at the highlights I think Derby were very lucky they didn’t concede two penalties. The fletcher one a few minutes before the actual penalty could have definitely been called

I haven’t seen it again after the game but I thought it was a blatant dive by fletcher. Just seemed to go down like he’d been shot. I was actually surprised he wasn’t booked. I’ll have to see the highlights if it’s included. 

4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I haven’t seen it again after the game but I thought it was a blatant dive by fletcher. Just seemed to go down like he’d been shot. I was actually surprised he wasn’t booked. I’ll have to see the highlights if it’s included. 

I thought it was a dive when I saw it in the stadium. It’s in the highlights on the MFC website though and it definitely looks like there is contact