oneBoro Forum

Boro v Derby 2-2 ( Wing, McNair (pen) )

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

I haven’t seen it again after the game but I thought it was a blatant dive by fletcher. Just seemed to go down like he’d been shot. I was actually surprised he wasn’t booked. I’ll have to see the highlights if it’s included. 

It looks like a dive in real time which I guess is why it wasn't given, but if you watch it again you can see clearly that the reason Fletcher kicks the ball out of play in the first place is because his foot is kicked into the ball by the defender clipping his ankle. 

I can see why it wasn't given in real time, but with benefits of replays I think there was certainly contact.

• Like 1
  • Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Middlesbrough vs Derby County (H)                                  Mel Morris has given Wayne a massive bumper deal to return to England and sign for Derby, he’s on so much money he can fina

A zimmer frame for Wayne? 😝   Oh, sorry - not that kind of support?

Posted Images

After watching the highlights back I'm confident that Pears couldn't have got anywhere near Derby's opening goal. If I'm being hyper-critical I'd say that Randolph may have been able to stop the second goal. It's not as much of a criticism on Pears. It's more of how good Randolph is as it's them sort of saves that you wouldn't expect a goalkeeper to make that Randolph can make at crucial times in games. He has made so many of them types of saves over the years.

I also think that Nchema could have done more to block the shot that led to Derby's second goal though, especially considering he was a fresh pair of legs. I think it's probably more down to the natural anticipation and bravery to block a shot that the majority of strikers don't have, which most defenders and holding midfielders have.

I was really impressed by Patrick Roberts. The way he glides with the ball is a joy to watch. He's Juninho-esque. He's very short on match fitness at the moment so he's only going to improve as the season progresses. Hopefully not to the extend that he attracts clubs that can blow us out of the water financially.

• Like 1
On 1/11/2020 at 11:40 PM, SmogDane said:

Now I might sound drunk, but there was something about Roberts today, that reminded me just a tiny bit of the little fella .. 

There I said it.. Come and shoot me down 😛

Pew pew pew!

Someone needs to lay off the Carlsberg. 😜

Based on his performances so far, Roberts does look very promising and he could yet prove to be a star player for us. But I think its a bit early to be making comparisons with Juninho. Lets re-evaluate at the end of the season?