oneBoro Forum
Foogle

Boro v Derby 2-2 ( Wing, McNair (pen) )

13 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Rather like the Pottermouth character who calls the Adrian Chiles show on 5 Live every Friday, around midday (although he's meant to be a Stoke fan).

went to University in Stoke and they’re also fond of calling everyone Duck so that would fit. 

• Like 1

Our pace is going to make Rooney look like an OAP, the game should pass him by easily and I wouldn't be too surprised if Cocu brings him off at half time. He still has a hell of a pass on him, though.

2-0 to us I reckons.

No wait, i'm still doing the reverse psychology thing aren't I?

2-0 to Derby.

2-0 to us

3 minutes ago, Maccarone said:

Wonder what support Derby will bring? 

Meh

I wonder if Woody will go for Gestede up-top with Fletcher so we can exploit their slow midfield by playing it over the top. Would mean dropping Roberts though.

2 hours ago, Maccarone said:

Wonder what support Derby will bring? 

A zimmer frame for Wayne? 😝

Oh, sorry - not that kind of support?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

good point about their midfield slowness, tav should get plenty of space to burst forward for  nice free runs at the defence. love it when he gets in full flow.  not the quickest acceleration but once up to speed you often see players struggle to keep up with him even without the ball.

Which academy graduate has impressed you the most this season?

Spence has looked great,  but I think the academy lads as a whole have impressed me the most. They're in the team based on talent and work ethic, not just because we need to fill a gap (even if that was how they got their foot in)

Wayne Rooney or Lewis Wing, who wears their hair transplant better?

I feel it's important to grow old with grace, or perhaps more importantly for a footballer, grow old with pace. WR has not done this. I look forward to seeing him jog around having little impact on the game.

Will we see any of the new boys starting?

Yes. Roberts.

What position will Boro finish come the end of the season?

On top. Missionary I think they call it.

Would you make any changes to the personnel or formation?

No. Woodgate would not be happy with me if I did. And he'd ask how I got into his whiteboard room. And I wouldn't have a satisfactory answer.

Score predictions for this one?

Think we could run rampant tomorrow with our new found optimism and momentum. 4-0 Boro. Although I dreamt last night that we lost 8-0, so...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Well game day and have to admit the thought of driving up to Middlesbrough twice in 6 days has crossed my mind!

For those who are slightly supersticious  my closest friend has been in England for a period and our 4 game winning run and draw against Spurs coincided with his arrival and stay. He left these shores last night to go back to Australia and so coincidence and such springs to mind about the game today, really hoping for a win because he will not be back soon!

18 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Well game day and have to admit the thought of driving up to Middlesbrough twice in 6 days has crossed my mind!

For those who are slightly supersticious  my closest friend has been in England for a period and our 4 game winning run and draw against Spurs coincided with his arrival and stay. He left these shores last night to go back to Australia and so coincidence and such springs to mind about the game today, really hoping for a win because he will not be back soon!

WTF Alan. I thought I was your best friend 🤷‍♂️

Today is a far bigger game than Spurs on Tuesday. Derby have had a couple of good results and we need to be on our metal.  A win for us would be brilliant and for once in a long time I'm looking forward to the game. UTB 

The game could be badly affected by the weather conditions. 

Blowing a gale where I am, what's it like on Teesside? 

• Latest Posts

• Chelsea have apparently sacked LAmpard. I would nok mind him here at the end of the season if Warnock decides to leave. Maybe come in during the autumn for a smoother transition. But he'll probably have bigger suitors. That said I reckon Gibson will be happy to give Warnock another year or two.
    • 1.       Did Sunday’s game make you wish you’d never got into football in the first place? No, but it was the lowest I've felt after a game for a long time, probably compounded by lockdown etc  2.       Since we lost the last game, should we be expecting to win this one? Yes, NW will have them firing and I think we'll see a performance similar to the Forest game. 3.       Can you name eleven fit Boro players and put them into some semblance of a formation? 3-4-3 Bettinelli Mcnair Wood Bola Spence Howson Saville Coulson Roberts Watmore Akpom 4.       If we could resign one Boro player from the last ten years, who would it be, and why? If we could resign someone at the same age/condition we signed them initially then i'd say Leadbitter. I think he'd thrive under Warnock and bring some much needed leadership. If it's someone who's still in the game then it would have to be Traore. 5.       Have you been in an accident in the last five years that wasn’t your fault? No.
    • 1. No, but it completely ruined the match for me and I'm still angry now. 2. It's a game we absolutely should be winning, but then so was Birmingham, Sheffield Wednesday etc... 3. Bit worried about Wood likely starting after his performance yesterday, but I expect he'll be better prepared this time. 4. Traore, he'd tear this league apart. 5. I actually don't think I have!
    • It seems most January windows end with Gibson having a call to make on what he wants to do. I hope we have a Jordon Rhodes/Ramirez week rather than  a Gestede week.
    • I think I will still be in shock and disbelief about the last game till after this game, regardless of whether we win or lose.