oneBoro Forum

Worst refereeing mistake against Boro?

Just as a bit of fun.

I saw this thread on Twitter about the worst refereeing decision against your club and wondered what people thought it would be for Boro?

I cant really think of many of the top of my head..

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

beat all of those, Disallowed goal from gianluca festa in the FA cup final 97. tv showed loads of replays everyone baffled by what the ref blew for because nobody could see anything wrong. imo it was

The FA Cup 97 the referee started the game 45 seconds too early.

I was thinking that the red card for Morrison was more contentious. Never touched him, the *** ***. 🤭

In recent years. 
Adomah’s overhead kick versus Dirrty Leeds been ruled dangerous play and no goal 

30 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

that and blackburn's equaliser not being ruled out in november 2014 spring to mind for me

Is that the one that Gestede scored where the goal keeper got shoved over? 

We had a home game against Bristol City in 2012 in which we had the ball pretty much half way in the net from a corner but it wasn't awarded. It was a very foggy game but I'm still absolutely astounded that it wasn't awarded.

Similarly, Butterfield had the ball clearly over the line away to Sheffield Wednesday in about 2014.

Viduka should have had a penalty in the Uefa Cup final v Sevilla when we were still only 1-0 down. It wasn't exactly a absolutely clanger, but considering the stage I think it's worth mentioning.

• Like 2

always thought Keane & friends got off lightly when penalty decision went against them...but seeing it was Old Trafford, I suppose we were fortunate to get it in first place....recently though, has to be Brentford game and that Huddersfield lad staying on the pitch after trying to rearrange Howson 

1 hour ago, Uwe said:

In recent years. 
Adomah’s overhead kick versus Dirrty Leeds been ruled dangerous play and no goal 

This. Certainly the most aggravating that I can remember. 

Viduka getting headbutted in the back of his head in the area at the Europa league final at 1-0? Could have been a big game changer.

I seem to remember that 97 final Juninho getting wiped out by Di Matteo when clean through on goal. I think the season after this, the ruling for last man changed to it being a red card.

Not that I dwell on these things or anything 😏

1978...at Anfield, Hansen tackling Spike from behind 30 yards from the ball directly in front of linesman, to stop him breaking clear on counter attack, missed by ref, and somehow all news reporters in attendance...."cultured centre back" that made Souness look soft...probably the slyest player I've ever seen...claimed Armstrong dived......I don't hold grudges either  

• Like 1