• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

beat all of those, Disallowed goal from gianluca festa in the FA cup final 97. tv showed loads of replays everyone baffled by what the ref blew for because nobody could see anything wrong. imo it was

The FA Cup 97 the referee started the game 45 seconds too early.

I was thinking that the red card for Morrison was more contentious. Never touched him, the *** ***. 🤭

The whole of the game against Newcastle when Graham 'fekcin' Poll was ref. I remember a red card for Schwarzer and a penna for a denying a clear opportunity....but then 10 mins later yellow card and pen for the same (if not more blatant) from Given. The extra man won in the end.

Or maybe when Ronaldo dived over Schwarzer as Schwarzer pulled out of the challenge, it was made worse by the TV commentators stating that he was sent off for intent to foul.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, borojod said:

When Ronaldo threw his legs into woodgate to get a penalty in the FA cup QF 2007.

I was thinking that the red card for Morrison was more contentious. Never touched him, the *** ***. 🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Allowing that snow covered game to go ahead at Leicester. Couldn't see the field, the fans and team bus was late because of icey roads and we ended up losing and Emnes missed a penalty. Think it was the year Leicester was promoted.

Just for recency bias the brentford game and the millwall games were both awfully reffed. 

Historically I agree with the ones mentioned here, Ronaldo going over the leg of woody was especially frustrating. That and boateng being penalised for protecting his face.

• Like 2

beat all of those, Disallowed goal from gianluca festa in the FA cup final 97. tv showed loads of replays everyone baffled by what the ref blew for because nobody could see anything wrong. imo it was a very good example of match fixing.

• Like 5
20 hours ago, Old Codger said:

was never convinced about that Chesterfield penalty  

I was just about to mention this, everyone talks about Chesterfield getting robbed in that semi final but no one talks about the penalty they got where the striker dived over Ben Roberts' hands. 

That's one of the most entertaining games I've ever been at but that was the game where I was convinced we were going to get relegated afterwards. The replay was the last thing we needed. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Brunners said:

Just for recency bias the brentford game and the millwall games were both awfully reffed. 

Historically I agree with the ones mentioned here, Ronaldo going over the leg of woody was especially frustrating. That and boateng being penalised for protecting his face.

That FAC home tie v Man Utd still annoys me to this day, 2-1 up after going 1-0 down the Boro were on course to reach the semi final & face Watford when all of a sudden a dubious penalty awarded, this woukdnt have happened if we were chasing the game mind, Man Utd equalised & then went on to win the replay via another dubious penalty