oneBoro Forum

Boro V Tottenham Hotspur (A) FA Cup 3rd round replay 1-2 (Saville)

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

This is probably a good time to put Nmecha in from the start. As much as you can judge someone after what... a combined 30 minutes or something... I'm not impressed so far but fingers crossed if he's on from the start he can show us a bit more what he's about.

I’d rather he was given his chance against Fulham. I want us to really give this game a go. I reckon we could take it to penalties with the right players on the pitch. If we are getting hammered, then sure, take a few key players off and save them for Friday. Alternatively, if things are going well let’s hope we keep our best players on the pitch and reassess the squad on Wednesday morning. 

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

49.2k attendance. Decent.  Well played, you were the better team in the second half. No arguments there. A win is a win and in our current form I will take it.  The difference between y

It's Hotspur 😉  We played well yesterday and should have had a point. They should have been down to 10 men but for some 'Liverpool' refereeing. Top tip.  There are two bars in the away

Ridiculous comments from those criticising Liddle, he's a young kid making a debut away to a Premier league team. Not only that our shape was all over the place in the first half which left him and Wi

Posted Images

I enjoy a cup run and giant-killing as much as the next fan...but given our circumstances this season, I'd be quite happy if Woody rang the changes, to keep our squad as fresh and injury-free (haha) as possible.

While Boro did themselves proud, holding Spurs at the Riverside, I really can't see us pulling off a win in London. The cup is their only chance of silverware this season, so I'm thinking Jose will go all out for the win (plus it won't do their morale any good, going out to a Championship team).

Most I'm hoping for is that we put on a good showing and don't get battered. Think it will be a fairly typical Mourinho-like performance and it will be 1-0 to Spurs.

At a stretch we might take it to extra time & penalties. If so, hoping it doesn't go like our ridiculous game against Liverpool.

You've got to start Nmecha and Roberts here. 

Give Fletcher, Coulson and Spence a rest (although i'd have Spence on the bench.)

Looking forward to it, although I feel it's going to be a similar result to when we played Chesterfield in the FA Cup Semi-final replay.

9 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

You've got to start Nmecha and Roberts here. 

Give Fletcher, Coulson and Spence a rest (although i'd have Spence on the bench.)

Looking forward to it, although I feel it's going to be a similar result to when we played Chesterfield in the FA Cup Semi-final replay.

I hope you are right DZ. it would mean that we win and go through to face Southampton 😂

Looking forward to this! It would be nice to go forward in the cup but I won't be too bothered if we lose. (I think we will) Stranger things have happened in the cup, though!

• Like 1

No injuries for Friday, and the squad happy with the way they played, result not really an issue for me tbh, but to see the Boro lift the FA Cup is something I want to see one day, this season I think it’s too much of an ask so loosing wouldn’t be too much of a problem.

• Like 2

Fulham on Friday is a massive game and must win if Boro are gonna give themselve a chance at the playoffs. So therefore we need to give Gestede, Johnson, Clayton, Nmecha a chance and rest our big players we need for Friday.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Mejias (or Randolph?)

Howson, Fry, Mc'Nair, 
Spence, Clayton, Liddle, Johnson
           Roberts,  Nmecha
                       Rudy

Woody has already said Mejias will play.

Looking forward to the match this evening - makes a change watching it in the lounge on the TV instead of on my PC! 

Just hoping we don't get thrashed. If we lose narrowly then we concentrate on the league, if we win we knock out last years CL finalists and our confidence will be sky high. Either way we're good!

UTB

• Like 3