oneBoro Forum

Boro V Tottenham Hotspur (A) FA Cup 3rd round replay 1-2 (Saville)

1 minute ago, nunthorpered said:

all stemmed from Mejias. Shook the whole team up once spurs got a taste. 

Dude you're acting like we are losing to Salford or something. Let's cool off a little we havent looked great but this is still a tottenham team full of excellent players.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

49.2k attendance. Decent.  Well played, you were the better team in the second half. No arguments there. A win is a win and in our current form I will take it.  The difference between y

It's Hotspur 😉  We played well yesterday and should have had a point. They should have been down to 10 men but for some 'Liverpool' refereeing. Top tip.  There are two bars in the away

Ridiculous comments from those criticising Liddle, he's a young kid making a debut away to a Premier league team. Not only that our shape was all over the place in the first half which left him and Wi

Posted Images

1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

Four against three and they still get a shot away. Point being why are we not as hungry given Spurs defense are uneasy. 

I think our confidence is still fragile and those 2 early goals have cracked it pretty badly.

I think they're more concerned about not conceding any more, rather than focusing on the other end of the pitch.

Just now, Brunners said:

Dude you're acting like we are losing to Salford or something. Let's cool off a little we havent looked great but this is still a tottenham team full of excellent players.

i just want to see a little more from us i know its not Salford ffs

Just now, Brunners said:

To be fair hes talking about mejias's mistake. That mistake was nothing to do with the level of the opposition and all about how poor mejias was/is. Hes never been anywhere near good enough for this level.

4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

To be fair hes talking about mejias's mistake. That mistake was nothing to do with the level of the opposition and all about how poor mejias was/is. Hes never been anywhere near good enough for this level.

I think thats rather harsh - given how few opportunities Mejias has had to actually show his ability.

I'd say it was a mistake typical of a player who has had very little competitive game time. If you recall he made a couple of good saves in the first leg.

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

He wasn't before that; he called the performance horrible & that we looked like the start of the season team, both of which I find extremely OTT.

Personally I think the performance has been pretty par for the course, Tottenham are a better team than we are & they really want to win this cup

Mejias has basically killed the game in the first 5 minutes but we've been totally outclassed as well. 

The cup doesn't really matter at the end of the day but a drubbing here won't help our confidence either. Our tactics are totally wrong and if we don't change things it could get embarrassing. 

Against a team with this quality you can't be outnumbered in midfield.  

Not the greatest of first halves at all, if anything it's been absolutely awful. 

I've gotta give credit to spurs, they've shown what a quality team can do and how it's done. Just makes the inability to finish the game off against them at the Riverside that little bit more painful. 

Mejias man what on earth were you thinking 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 1