oneBoro Forum

Boro V Tottenham Hotspur (A) FA Cup 3rd round replay 1-2 (Saville)

4 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

performance is horrible so far. Fact

Actually that's called an opinion mate. It hasn't been horrible. We've made two mistakes and been cut open by a VERY GOOD PREMIER LEAGUE SIDE. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

49.2k attendance. Decent.  Well played, you were the better team in the second half. No arguments there. A win is a win and in our current form I will take it.  The difference between y

It's Hotspur 😉  We played well yesterday and should have had a point. They should have been down to 10 men but for some 'Liverpool' refereeing. Top tip.  There are two bars in the away

Ridiculous comments from those criticising Liddle, he's a young kid making a debut away to a Premier league team. Not only that our shape was all over the place in the first half which left him and Wi

Posted Images

I honestly believe we started very nervously and the early goal knocked what confidence was there for a six, hence the second goal. Our movement is labored and no one is presenting themselves for fear of making a mistake. We had chances and with a confident  midfield could have, should have put Spurs under pressure and given them something to think about. 
Its 2 nil at half time which is a success of sort and I’m hoping we pick ourselves up in the second and show some commitment, while enjoying the rest of the game for the sake of the traveling support. We have nothing to lose. 

• Like 1

We have been completely outplayed and lucky we are still in "touching distance". That said Spurs do look really suspect at the back. Who knows what a goal can do in this game. It's a tough one with Fulham on Friday whether we give it a go and bring on Tav and Roberts on or just keep the scoreline respectable. Spurs look good going forward but Nmecha and McNair probably should have done better with their chances.

I stopped posting because my iPlayer appears to be a good minute behind, but that was pretty much what I expected after the early goal. We just haven't looked in it at all and unless Woody makes changes for the second half, Spurs could run rampant if they want.

I say we go for it second half, we've got nothing to lose.

5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't even think Spurs have been that good but then maybe that's what everyone used to say about us and I'm just misreading the game. But I think they've been pretty bloody average. It really just feels like a couple of mistakes and better individuals are winning this game, it's very little to do with their cohesion as a team. They look just as bored of their football as I am tonight.

In fact, I reckon we've shown more in this half than we did in the first half against Stoke a few weeks back.  But we've also dropped a couple of clangers.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

hope this doesnt follow into the fulham game. we look like the start of the season team. 

Just about to say I hope this doesn't spill over into the Fulham match 

2 minutes ago, RiseSirAxlRose said:

Please only finish 3-0.

We can forget and not be embarrassed and move on. Woody needs to wear this for his team selection though. 

I dunno. If it means we're in better shape for the league, then I honestly don't mind too much.

• Like 1
Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I stopped posting because my iPlayer appears to be a good minute behind, but that was pretty much what I expected after the early goal. We just haven't looked in it at all and unless Woody makes changes for the second half, Spurs could run rampant if they want.

I say we go for it second half, we've got nothing to lose.

Hey, it doesn't stop me posting - go right ahead! 😂

• Haha 1
Just now, AnglianRed said:

I dunno. If it means we're in better shape for the league, then I honestly don't mind too much.

What about if we lose 4-0 and we get nowhere near the playoffs (because we won’t). Have had an Everton fan and arsenal fan and a bloody villa fan txt me laughing. Please god no more than 3