oneBoro Forum

Boro V Tottenham Hotspur (A) FA Cup 3rd round replay 1-2 (Saville)

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

49.2k attendance. Decent.  Well played, you were the better team in the second half. No arguments there. A win is a win and in our current form I will take it.  The difference between y

It's Hotspur 😉  We played well yesterday and should have had a point. They should have been down to 10 men but for some 'Liverpool' refereeing. Top tip.  There are two bars in the away

Ridiculous comments from those criticising Liddle, he's a young kid making a debut away to a Premier league team. Not only that our shape was all over the place in the first half which left him and Wi

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Ah well.

This isn't meant as criticism of Woodgate, although it's impossible for it not to be, but we are a poor side when we sit back against any team.  We've seen it often enough this season.  We're better when we're putting pressure on without the ball and having a go when we do have it.

Thats why I keep saying that attack is our best form of defence. If we can keep the ball in the other half of the pitch (or at least in midfield) we're a lot less likely to concede.

It annoys me no end when I see about 8 players all packing the penalty area, just letting the opposition come at us.

Awful first half tonight, but still pleased the lads showed more intent 2nd half and got a consolation goal.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Second half was very good. Passing and moving was top. Get Mejias away from that squad. 

I only saw the second half and thought he did fine. What happened with their goals in the first half?

Spurs were obviously the better team but those silly mistakes in the first half scuppered the game plan which is a shame. With 5 changes I think we did as well as we could and the second half showed plenty of fight. Obvious limitations in the players ability compared to spurs but plenty of spirit UTB.

5 minutes ago, White Band said:

I only saw the second half and thought he did fine. What happened with their goals in the first half?

Mejias tried to pass to one of our defenders who had a Spurs player right on him. Ball was intercepted and duly dispatched into the net.

Their 2nd goal was just generally poor defending.

Agree he did go some way to making amends in the 2nd half with some good saves.

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

It annoys me no end when I see about 8 players all packing the penalty area, just letting the opposition come at us.

Fully agree but I think this may change with more confidence, we’ll let’s hope but what we seen today today was a will to carry on and not give up. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, White Band said:

I really wouldn't bother putting yourself through it.  Ignorance is bliss 👍

First half points made are about as relevant now, Spurs bang average (no offence @TBWAH 😄) and basically took advantage of our mistakes through individual class. Can't give players like Lucas, Lo Celso and Lamela the chances we did.

Second half, we didn't gift them nearly as much. We pressed into them, forced the mistakes from them and y'know, we bloody deserved that goal.

As much as that Derby game might have felt like a defeat to some of these players, we should be looking at the second half of this game like a victory. Spurs are clearly in a difficult period but taking advantage of a team with the individual, if not collective quality they have right now so much as we did is wonderful.

UTB, on we march to Fulham when we'll be backed by just as class an away following, here's hoping we continue to give as good as we've given recently.

Much better 2nd half but we really do need to stop sitting back so much. We have pace on the wings, we need to utilise it.

Mejias almost atoned for his first half clanger with that superb reaction save.

At least we didn't get hammered, we can go into the Fulham game with hopefully Roberts, Coulson, Spence and Tav all starting.

• Like 2