oneBoro Forum

Boro V Tottenham Hotspur (A) FA Cup 3rd round replay 1-2 (Saville)

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

49.2k attendance. Decent.  Well played, you were the better team in the second half. No arguments there. A win is a win and in our current form I will take it.  The difference between y

It's Hotspur 😉  We played well yesterday and should have had a point. They should have been down to 10 men but for some 'Liverpool' refereeing. Top tip.  There are two bars in the away

Ridiculous comments from those criticising Liddle, he's a young kid making a debut away to a Premier league team. Not only that our shape was all over the place in the first half which left him and Wi

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

I’d imagine it would be Roberts coming in, playing behind Fletch.

Yeah i was expecting fletch to be rested for Rudy. Fletch has started pretty every game all season. Dont recall him being on bench in last 3 months or so at the very least if am not mistaken. 

Thought it would be Rudy and Nmecha up top

By no means a result to be embarassed about. Thought we were much better second half. Subs should have been made sooner in my opinion and their goals were our own fault but we came out after the break and had a go, which is great to see. It's a shame not to go forward in the cup but it is what it is!

2 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Dont see how it goes through under current terms... just my gut feeling 

Cheers. Dont take it personally but i hope you are wrong this once.

I note EG said today boro are monitoring Maddison situation. Maybe waiting for Randolph deal to go through so to free up some funds. That is me speculating/hoping.

4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

He did, yeah. Big occasion to throw him into. I can't imagine the pressure caused by the early mistakes made him feel much better. Imagine prepping yourself for your first big game, gaffer has told you well in advance, you'd be running that through your head non stop for days. Then Mejias does what he does and the game plan pretty much gets thrown out the window. Can't have been an easy game mentally for him but the fact is he did look lost.

Having said that, I don't think Howson had a particularly good game tonight. Certainly not on par with some of his recent performances. I think tonight he looked like a midfielder playing in defence, so I guess it was pretty on par with expectation.

Howson wasn’t as good as he has been recently but I’d say he deserved a 6. I don’t want to be too harsh on Liddle, what you say is true, but hopefully he can put it out of his mind because to me even his body language and facial expressions showed he didn’t want to be out there. 

49.2k attendance. Decent. 

Well played, you were the better team in the second half. No arguments there.

A win is a win and in our current form I will take it. 

The difference between your support and Liverpool's on Sat was like chalk and cheese. Top effort on your part.

Good luck for the rest of the season. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

He did, yeah. Big occasion to throw him into. I can't imagine the pressure caused by the early mistakes made him feel much better. Imagine prepping yourself for your first big game, gaffer has told you well in advance, you'd be running that through your head non stop for days. Then Mejias does what he does and the game plan pretty much gets thrown out the window. Can't have been an easy game mentally for him but the fact is he did look lost.

Having said that, I don't think Howson had a particularly good game tonight. Certainly not on par with some of his recent performances. I think tonight he looked like a midfielder playing in defence, so I guess it was pretty on par with expectation.

Agree with that re: Liddle but here's the thing, he is 21 not 17/18. You would have thought he'd have had chances before now if he looked good enough and on that showing...he isn't, though playing alongside Wing tonight can't have been easy, he was woeful.

Really like the look of Nmecha, pacy, aggressive and decent touch, think he'll cause problems for Championship defences when fully up to speed.

Djed Spence...well, only a handful of games so far but it's clear to a blind man on a galloping horse that this kid is quality and will only improve.

All in all, a really good 2nd half showing and thought Saville was terrific when he came on.

Contentious topic around the living room tonight: why did mejias squat down like he was having a poo for the first goal. 
I would have thought you’d just gamble and go one way or t’other. Suggestions are his brain was scrambled due to either his error or the occasion, orrrrrrr he’s just ***.

Just now, HoyteForLeftBack said:

Contentious topic around the living room tonight: why did mejias squat down like he was having a poo for the first goal. 
I would have thought you’d just gamble and go one way or t’other. Suggestions are his brain was scrambled due to either his error or the occasion, orrrrrrr he’s just ***.

Same with the second one. A bit dodgy on both