oneBoro Forum

Boro V Tottenham Hotspur (A) FA Cup 3rd round replay 1-2 (Saville)

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

49.2k attendance. Decent.  Well played, you were the better team in the second half. No arguments there. A win is a win and in our current form I will take it.  The difference between y

It's Hotspur 😉  We played well yesterday and should have had a point. They should have been down to 10 men but for some 'Liverpool' refereeing. Top tip.  There are two bars in the away

Ridiculous comments from those criticising Liddle, he's a young kid making a debut away to a Premier league team. Not only that our shape was all over the place in the first half which left him and Wi

Posted Images

Saville changed the game when he came on I thought. So happy for him, had a hard time while he’s been here. But he’s been one of our better performers of late. He’s start at Fulham for me. 

Spence was our MOTM I thought.

Wing, Mejias and Johnson the poorest

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I really wouldn't bother putting yourself through it.  Ignorance is bliss 👍

Haha. How did you know I'd pressed the green button just before the news came on so I could watch the first half? 

Wtf? Mejias didn't even move!

1 minute ago, ManBearPig said:

Late to the party and just seen the highlights...not sure if it's been mentioned already..but why did Saville shout Jimmmmmy at a corner?😂

thought it was me that was hearing things hahaha. 

Well if we had played our best XI we might have had a chance. We also gave them far too much respect in the first half.

I think we can come out of that knowing we have some decent players, we are playing well and can cause any team problems. We still need a CB mind.

Other positives:

- Spence was superb

- Nmecha looks a handful and has got 90mins under his belt

- Tav, Coulson, Saville, Roberts, Pears all rested for Friday

- Friend, Ayala, Dijksteel, Shotton, Britt to come back

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Ah well.

This isn't meant as criticism of Woodgate, although it's impossible for it not to be, but we are a poor side when we sit back against any team.  We've seen it often enough this season.  We're better when we're putting pressure on without the ball and having a go when we do have it.

We conceded after less than 2 minutes, I'm not sure how much of that half was down to deliberately sitting back.

2 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Late to the party and just seen the highlights...not sure if it's been mentioned already..but why did Saville shout Jimmmmmy at a corner?😂

Hahahahaha I saw this! I wasn’t sure what he said l, but he said it to the spurs fans 😂

4 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I heard this too. I saw him approach the same spot for a corner after his goal and he nodded and smiled at someone in the crowd. Definitely someone from the crowd shouting it.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

We conceded after less than 2 minutes, I'm not sure how much of that half was down to deliberately sitting back.

Presumably what followed in the first half was though as we noticeably were more positive as the second half wore on.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I think the Spurs fans were taunting him; after all he shares a surname with a pretty infamous Jimmy.

9 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

.just seen this now, hilarious

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, White Band said:

Nmecha went off for Gestede?

I always feel Gestede is playing for the opposition when he's in their box and just clearing the balls for them.

He may well be getting two pay packets.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1