oneBoro Forum

Boro V Tottenham Hotspur (A) FA Cup 3rd round replay 1-2 (Saville)

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

49.2k attendance. Decent.  Well played, you were the better team in the second half. No arguments there. A win is a win and in our current form I will take it.  The difference between y

It's Hotspur 😉  We played well yesterday and should have had a point. They should have been down to 10 men but for some 'Liverpool' refereeing. Top tip.  There are two bars in the away

Ridiculous comments from those criticising Liddle, he's a young kid making a debut away to a Premier league team. Not only that our shape was all over the place in the first half which left him and Wi

Posted Images

Good second half although spurs did slow it down. I really feared a heavy drubbing midway through the first half. I liked the look of Nmecha although he clearly lacks some sharpness. Strong and quick though with a nice touch. Much more involved than fletcher. Against such attackers it was quite clear that we need actual defenders.

• Like 1

I will take that. I was scared after first 20mins we could get hugely embarrassed which could have a knock on effect on our confidence for next few weeks. Thankfully we did not and did well in 2nd half.

Now will someone confirm Randolph's exit please...

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Saville changed the game when he came on I thought. So happy for him, had a hard time while he’s been here. But he’s been one of our better performers of late. He’s start at Fulham for me. 

Spence was our MOTM I thought.

Wing, Mejias and Johnson the poorest

I'd give motm to Saville. He changed the game when he came on 

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, BoroMart said:

Well if we had played our best XI we might have had a chance. We also gave them far too much respect in the first half.

I think we can come out of that knowing we have some decent players, we are playing well and can cause any team problems. We still need a CB mind.

Other positives:

- Spence was superb

- Nmecha looks a handful and has got 90mins under his belt

- Tav, Coulson, Saville, Roberts, Pears all rested for Friday

- Friend, Ayala, Dijksteel, Shotton, Britt to come back

I think you have got it spot on there. Its mad looking at the players we have to come back 

• Like 1

Just seen second goal. It was a good run from him which took our defenders by surprise. If they'd charged in and tackled him they'd have given away a penalty. Wasn't much they could do once he'd got away (which he wouldn't have done if our defenders had been in better positions to start with).

Dom Shaw in the gazette giving Howson a 5 and Liddle a 6...... is he serious? 

i realise Howson made an error in the build up to second, but apart from that he was good. Liddle looked like a lost schoolboy out there. 

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I will take that. I was scared after first 20mins we could get hugely embarrassed which could have a knock on effect on our confidence for next few weeks. Thankfully we did not and did well in 2nd half.

Now will someone confirm Randolph's exit please...

Well he is having another medical scan tonight.

19 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah, hasn't played much and/or he could be involved on Friday.  I reckon there's a chance he starts one of the next two.

Yeah i was expecting Rudy to start tonight but maybe Woodgate told him Fulham is his game.

3 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Well he is having another medical scan tonight.

Cheers SDS. If i was to ask you which way you think it will go what would you say? And dont say i dont know haha. Thanks again for info mate

8 minutes ago, BoroBoy1989 said:

Dom Shaw in the gazette giving Howson a 5 and Liddle a 6...... is he serious? 

i realise Howson made an error in the build up to second, but apart from that he was good. Liddle looked like a lost schoolboy out there. 

He did, yeah. Big occasion to throw him into. I can't imagine the pressure caused by the early mistakes made him feel much better. Imagine prepping yourself for your first big game, gaffer has told you well in advance, you'd be running that through your head non stop for days. Then Mejias does what he does and the game plan pretty much gets thrown out the window. Can't have been an easy game mentally for him but the fact is he did look lost.

Having said that, I don't think Howson had a particularly good game tonight. Certainly not on par with some of his recent performances. I think tonight he looked like a midfielder playing in defence, so I guess it was pretty on par with expectation.