oneBoro Forum

Boro V Tottenham Hotspur (A) FA Cup 3rd round replay 1-2 (Saville)

If Meijas doesnt make that mistake after 2 mins, we dont instantly lose confidence, which is, in my opinion, why we did so poorly for their seconds, everyone was still a bit in shock. It's probably also the reason we sat back a lot and let them attack us first 60 mins.

No Meijas howler = Boro v Saints. That's how I'm looking at it

• Like 1
  • Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

49.2k attendance. Decent.  Well played, you were the better team in the second half. No arguments there. A win is a win and in our current form I will take it.  The difference between y

It's Hotspur 😉  We played well yesterday and should have had a point. They should have been down to 10 men but for some 'Liverpool' refereeing. Top tip.  There are two bars in the away

Ridiculous comments from those criticising Liddle, he's a young kid making a debut away to a Premier league team. Not only that our shape was all over the place in the first half which left him and Wi

Posted Images

Without the gift in the first 2 minutes Spurs wouldn't have settled so quickly, we may have even got at them early on, but that head start just took all the pressure off them. 
but it's time to concentrate on the league 😄

I don't think the game in terms of performances from either side would have been that much different, to be honest. I think the result itself might have been but I don't think their goals seemed to do anything to help or hinder their performance and given Howson made the mistake for the second, I don't think the impact of the first goal will have done much to alter his frame of mind as much as others. Just my two cents, anyway.

My first impression was that we had put Smiffy from The Bash Street Kids in goal. Not just the howler of a pass but he just seemed to watch the two goals in admiration. 

OK, he improved but it shows how complicated the idea of selling your first choice, international goal keeper must have been.

( Then again Sprake was an international !)

4 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

if you havent seen the post match presser

thought we were alright/good all things considered.. would've liked to see the main starting 11 with tav, roberts, coulson, etc but with fulham in a few days i understand why..

liddle was very very poor. at 21 you'd expect him much further down the line than that. 

Turned it off after 20 seconds. Flat out refuse to listen to a guy who doesn’t tie his tie in a double Windsor 🙃

4 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

if you havent seen the post match presser

thought we were alright/good all things considered.. would've liked to see the main starting 11 with tav, roberts, coulson, etc but with fulham in a few days i understand why..

liddle was very very poor. at 21 you'd expect him much further down the line than that. 

Turned it off after 20 seconds. Flat out refuse to listen to a guy who doesn’t tie his tie in a double Windsor 🙃

1 hour ago, mendieta420 said:

Nothing ridiculous about criticising poor performances. The shape was all over because he was all over. Out of position, knocked off the ball, blowing out his *** after 25 minutes, 21 going 16, turning his back on tackles.. 

One change with Saville and team was completely different.

Rubbish we were defending far too deep as a team. Having a defensive line on the edge of our box is nothing to do with a single midfielder. 

I said yesterday during the game that we looked like we didn't know whether to sit off or press. For the majority of the first half we were sitting off but there were occasions where we tried to press in 2 or 3s from the front. The problem we had is there were big gaps between our midfield and defence and between the midfield and front two. 

Liddle, Wing and a few others were chasing shadows in the first half but that was because our tactics and positioning was all wrong. Fair play to Woodgate he changed things in the second half and made a game of it. 

I'm not trying to say that Liddle played well because he didn't but I think we need to see a bit more of him before writing him off. Players develop at different rates, some players peak at his age whereas others take time. 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Uwe said:

57 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Is the double post in honour of the double Windsor?

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Is the double post in honour of the double Windsor?

Ha I didn’t realise it did that. There must be a glitch in the matrix 😂

On 1/14/2020 at 6:08 PM, Boro Badger said:

I had to sit with the Pompey fans at Fratton Park and my ‘mate’ lifted up my hoodie to reveal the Boro shirt underneath.

Had to make a quick exit 😄

I managed to survive! I was told that we were going to be going into Spurs pubs, so I wasn't allowed to wear my Boro shirt!

On 1/14/2020 at 3:27 PM, Uwe said:

Topics to avoid

Sol Campbel Made a good career move going to Arsenal 

The Barclays Asia Trophy (China, last trophy they won in 2009) isn’t a real trophy 

David Baddiel is a ***

Funnily enough it wasn't long before Sol Campbell came up!