oneBoro Forum

Boro V Tottenham Hotspur (A) FA Cup 3rd round replay 1-2 (Saville)

I’d put the same team out as we had against derby except obviously Clayton and mejias will be in. Nothing much will happen in the league for us this year so i think we should go all out in this match 

• Like 2
  • Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

49.2k attendance. Decent.  Well played, you were the better team in the second half. No arguments there. A win is a win and in our current form I will take it.  The difference between y

It's Hotspur 😉  We played well yesterday and should have had a point. They should have been down to 10 men but for some 'Liverpool' refereeing. Top tip.  There are two bars in the away

Ridiculous comments from those criticising Liddle, he's a young kid making a debut away to a Premier league team. Not only that our shape was all over the place in the first half which left him and Wi

Posted Images

8 hours ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Interesting how cup games split fans. I'm definitely in the rest our key players for Fulham camp. 

Fletcher, Howson, Tav and the wing backs could all do with a rest. Bring the likes of Gestede, Nmecha, Clayton, Johnson in for some minutes.

I think it might be an age thing. The youngsters just want us to get into the premier league at all costs, whilst the older hands just want to enjoy the season and watch some good performances and have a good run of results. 

• Like 1

If we win it’s a joyless slog down to Southampton in the next round, a ground and journey that’s never fun or profitable, a good game tonight that gives a good impression of us and a weekend off in the next round would do me fine.

I love the cups and never want to demean them but ending our cup run at a replay at spurs better than a turgid game at St Mary’s a ground along with the dell I’ve been many a time and never seen us do well.

While i'd like us to concentrate on the league, I don't realistically see us getting anywhere other than pushing higher up the table and maybe squeezing into a play off place, so i don't see why we shouldn't give it our best tonight.

30 minutes ago, Naisby said:

If we win it’s a joyless slog down to Southampton in the next round, a ground and journey that’s never fun or profitable, a good game tonight that gives a good impression of us and a weekend off in the next round would do me fine.

I love the cups and never want to demean them but ending our cup run at a replay at spurs better than a turgid game at St Mary’s a ground along with the dell I’ve been many a time and never seen us do well.

If we can keep Ings quiet, we can win that one too. They might even test s few players!

Just now, Changing Times said:

Disappointed that there is no Tavernier or Roberts tbh.  Even just one of them would add something.  Nice for Liddle though 👍

There’s a video Boro posted on their twitter about 10 minutes ago and Tavernier didn’t look too happy either

I'm interested in seeing if Clayton and Liddle as a pivot works tonight I'm still not convinced Saville's right for a deeper role. Nmecha and Fletcher will be a handful on the counter attack as well, we're set up to basically leave 2 up front and have 8 back it could work intrigued to see more from Nmecha as well.

Expecting to lose but excited to see Liddle on this stage he's got defensive instincts and an engine my question is 1) Does he have the quality/composure in the ball? 2) Sufficient pace for the level

I'll go a 2 1 Spurs win maybe 3 1 hopefully we don't take any extra injuries into Friday.

50 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I think it might be an age thing. The youngsters just want us to get into the premier league at all costs, whilst the older hands just want to enjoy the season and watch some good performances and have a good run of results. 

I think you're probably right there. I wasn't old enough to legally have a beer the last time we actually won something.  And have seen maybe two or three teams outside the 'big 6' win a domestic trophy since.

It just feels like prolonging an inevitable stuffing by a mega-rich side in the quarters or semis. I mean look what happened to Watford in the final last year... 

Anyway, can't complain at a Boro game on the TV, so will be watching and hoping we win regardless!