oneBoro Forum

Boro V Fulham (A) Friday 17/01/20 19.45 0-1

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new."

There's change afoot on Teesside.

You can feel it in the air.

You can taste it in the water.

A new era approaches. A new team rises from the ashes of the old. Built on the foundation of youthful energy and homegrown talent, led by a rookie manager who might just defy the expectations of many and actually be good at this coaching thing. Is it merely a false dawn? Or the start of something special?... 

Now then lads and lasses.
Woody’s Warriors continue their quest for world domination this Friday away at Fulham. Following a spirited performance in the cup defeat to spurs, the boys will seek to end their trip to the capital with another good performance to keep their unbeaten run in the league going.

FULHAM (4TH IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP)

•    Fulham have scored a total of 41 goals this season.
• Fulham have conceded a total of 30 goals this season.
• Fulham score a goal every 59 min
• Fulham concede a goal every 81 min
• Fulham score an average of 1.52 goals every game
• Fulham concede an average of 1.11 goals every game

MIDDLESBROUGH (16th IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP)
•    Middlesbrough have scored a total of 28 goals this season.
• Middlesbrough have conceded a total of 34 goals this season.
• Middlesbrough score a goal every 87 min
• Middlesbrough concede a goal every 71 min
• Middlesbrough score an average of 1.04 goals every game
• Middlesbrough concede an average of 1.26 goals every game

KEY QUESTIONS
What is your prediction for this match?

Word on the street is that Fulham’s leading man and resident lunatic Alexander Mitrovic is crocked. How big of a blow is that for the hosts?

Fulham owner Shahid Khan is also the owner if a magnificent moustache. Is there a better one in the football world (past or present)? Photo evidence may be required

• Like 3
  • Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We got beat 1-0 away by one of the best teams in the division in our fifth game in eighteen days and fielding a team full of rookies, fringe players, midfielders playing in defence and still managed t

In addition to the camera angle being weird, something about it is making one of my cats keep trying to catch the ball at key moments in the game. She's always loved watching football but is going cra

Obviously watching ‘Les Miserables’ 

Posted Images

looks like clayton got a niggle yesterday. could we see saville wing and tav in the middle with roberts and fletch up top? mad isnt it, if we had ayala playing an mcnair howson in midfield we'd have been pretty close to beating spuds. 

i fancy another winning run going 0-2 boro again. fulham withou mitrovic and will probably be expecting an easier game than they will get like west brom and preston did.

I thought Nmecha was okay. Again, class of opposition and all that but then Davinson Sanchez had an absolute nightmare and we never made him pay for that which is a little frustrating. Still, the chance he had in the first half was well worked from him and good work from Spence too.

EDIT: I didn't think he was pressing particularly well for a young lad with bags of energy and pace, either. I thought there were times when he wasn't pressing with the team but hopefully that will come with time.

I predict a 2-1 win for boro with a late goal sealing our victory.

not the best moustache but combined with the best (worst) uniform in football history it is magnificent.  The Colorado caribou form the NASL days in the USA. It even has tassles.

9B944343-D70C-4EB0-BCBE-AB09AFE278B0.jpeg

• Like 1

In terms of the 'tache debate, I don't think anyone can beat Mark Lawrenson in his pomp. Not only is his soup-strainer extremely impressive, it's also quintessentially Scouse. You just couldn't imagine him playing for Ipswich or Carlisle looking like that.

As for Friday's match, I think Fulham without Mitro are a thoroughly beatable side, especially since we finished last night with some pride restored and we can bring back the likes of Coulson and Pears. I'll say 2-0 to Boro.

Lawro.jpg

Lawrenson...nah...Souness ...maybe...but for putting a smile on people's faces, it had to be Valderama ...recognisable from anywhere on the pitch....always liked the Birdman fan, didn't need a big drum to attract attention

I'd be ecstatic if Mitrovic was out for this game I mean Howson has been great but there's only one winner in that match up. At the minute the only CB in the club that I'd feel confident could really match up to Mitrovic's physicality is Ayala...