• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We got beat 1-0 away by one of the best teams in the division in our fifth game in eighteen days and fielding a team full of rookies, fringe players, midfielders playing in defence and still managed t

In addition to the camera angle being weird, something about it is making one of my cats keep trying to catch the ball at key moments in the game. She's always loved watching football but is going cra

Obviously watching ‘Les Miserables’ 

Posted Images

We've definitely let Fulham play their way by having a target man upfront. Until late in that half there was little to no pressure on their centre halves. 

Bring Fletcher on and let him get amongst their centre halves and disrupt them. Also start the defensive line another 10/15 yards further up from the off. We started to do that last 15 of that half and we looked much better for it!

To be fair, Fulham were absolutely excellent for the first 25 minutes. The tempo and pace to their game was frightening. Good for our young players to see that that is the standard they need to get to. 

For us, it hasn’t been great. But I do feel a little sorry for the lads playing against that tempo after a game the other night. 

Gestede and Clayton need to come off. Clayton has been yards off the pace all game and refuses to pass forward. Gestede offers nothing. If anything, he gets in the way. Wing and Fletcher in for those 2 and I think we will look a lot better. 

• Like 3

Collectively on the defensive side I don't think we had the game down at the start, getting beat by some lovely moves but Fulham are moving the ball quickly in the final third so we need to do better at predicting that.

The goal we let in was arguably one of the ones we should have been able to defend easiest. Coulson unfortunately has to take the credit for that one, his man is right in front of him and the best thing he can do is get in front of Knockaert. The defence is going to want to either let that cross run across the goal or he need to get in front of Knockaert and clear it as it comes across. Without getting in the way of the opposition players in that position, you're just asking for a tap-in goal. They should be like 4 up though so will take that scoreline at half time.

Best chance for us seemed to be the one where Tav crosses and Gestede heads it down, nobody waiting for the knock down in that position but tons of free space to hit the ball, players too far ahead of it. Obviously we hit the bar through Coulson and Sav's deflected effort could have gone anywhere but that seemed the best position the ball has dropped for us and we didn't have anyone there to hit it.

We have started to come back into it a little bit by getting right into them high up the pitch, keeper forced to kick it long and not doing a great job. Perhaps we should have been doing that from the off given their lack of a Mitrovic but they are a good passing side for sure, it's a risky one.

• Like 1

I’d leave it ah half time, they blasted us first 30. Since then though we’ve actually done ok, and had a few chances. 
It’s only 1 goal and if we score then anything can happen. We’ve done well coming from behind this season. UTB

1 minute ago, Barnaby said:

Maybe they've been down the west end for three days?

Obviously watching ‘Les Miserables’ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3