oneBoro Forum

Boro V Fulham (A) Friday 17/01/20 19.45 0-1

I don’t know why but I’m really angry about that result/performance. 

Certainly Woody shoulders some of the blame for the lateness of his attacking subs  

• Like 2
  • Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We got beat 1-0 away by one of the best teams in the division in our fifth game in eighteen days and fielding a team full of rookies, fringe players, midfielders playing in defence and still managed t

In addition to the camera angle being weird, something about it is making one of my cats keep trying to catch the ball at key moments in the game. She's always loved watching football but is going cra

Obviously watching ‘Les Miserables’ 

Posted Images

Fulham had nowt of that second half til their disallowed goal.

Just as a side note, that disallowed goal, who on Earth didn't see something like that coming? Knockaert, predominantly left footed on the left side of the ball, Cavaleiro predominantly right footed on the right side of the ball on a left-side free-kick to swing it into the box, I was honestly just peeved that we were caught out by it. Fractionally offside but still, frustrating to watch that one.

Back to the game, I think the right team won in the end. Fulham should have been about 3 or 4 up at 30 minutes in. Credit to Woodgate for changing it and getting in their faces and forcing them back but I think @Changing Times has mentioned it a few times now that it doesn't seem to be a secret that's when we both defend and attack better and allowing the opposition into the game the way we did was perhaps the daftest thing we could have done.

Still, I expected a loss tonight and I actually think all-round our performance showed a great deal of confidence, we didn't look down and out, we looked willing to try and grind something out and we somehow managed to limit Fulham to just 1 goal in that first half hour to keep us in the game. Shame we couldn't get the late goal as I think it would have sucker punched them and we'd have been alright unlike at Brum earlier this season. Onwards to that game now where I think we should look to get back on track and head into our little break on a positive note at the Riverside.

UTB!

1 minute ago, Ash said:

Haha, you can never predict how they're gonna come out. You go from being on top of the world with them to getting annoyed with how bad they play 😂

Well look at this thread now.  The last couple of weeks you'd think we were something special reading this forum but we lose 1-0 away at a better team than us and everyone is going mental about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

So disappointing tonight. But I guess that’s what you get playing 3 games in 7 days with a tiny squad. Fully deserved win for Fulham and it should have been much much bigger. Gestede should never start again and neither should Clayton. Just let them go in the summer. 

There is NO excuse for professionals who have spent five days in a six star hotel to play the s##t they did. It’s a f@@king job they turn up to do part time and paid a f@@king S**t loads of money. 

That was pretty awful tbh. For all of the praise that Woodgate has been given recently he's gotta take his share of criticism too. Today wasn't good enough and the tactics were all over the place. 

Were falling back in to the age old trap of not playing for 90 mins and instead playing for 45 or maybe at a push 30. 

Think tiredness defo played an impact on the younger lads tonight could tell Spence and Coulson were hanging by 40 mins. 

Onwards to Tuesday now back on home soil. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Motor Mouth said:

Well there you go Boro have stepped back in time 4 weeks to be precise we are looking like relegation fodder again Fulham are pretty crap so you can imagine what I think of Boro at present.

I can't agree with that. If Fulham were crap they wouldn't be 3rd / 4th in the league.

They have quite a bit in common with Spurs...strong in attack but suspect in defence.

That frantic stoppage-time finish was the epitome of what I wanted to see us doing to Fulham pretty much from kick-off. Put them under pressure...get them on the back foot.

But, as usual, we sat in our own third of the pitch and let them come at us. We didn't even try to get at them until halfway through the first half. We also began the 2nd half quite promisingly, but that died a death after 15 minutes or so as Fulham just took control of the game again.

Also, as per usual Woody left his subs til late on and Boro only exerted sustained pressure for the first time after the 90 minutes was up. Too little, too late...

The 0 shots on target pretty much sums up how toothless we were and if Fulham had won 4 or 5-0 it wouldn't have flattered them. It was a 1-0 thrashing...

Now Woody really needs to clear the decks and get the lads ready for the home games, where we should be looking for maximum points.

Amazed at the reactions to getting beat away by one of the best teams in the league. (Best team I’ve watched this season).

I think people’s expectations may have raised massively after a few good results. 

We are still a massively inexperienced/young squad, with currently only 1 fit CB! 

Britt, Ayala, Friend, Dijksteel, Shotton all our injured aswell. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Well look at this thread now.  The last couple of weeks you'd think we were something special reading this forum but we lose 1-0 away at a better team than us and everyone is going mental about it.

Nope, not everyone. I'm not going mental at all. We lost to a better team. Fulham deserved the win. Wouldn't be surprised if they go up.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BillinghamBoro said:

That was pretty awful tbh. For all of the praise that Woodgate has been given recently he's gotta take his share of criticism too. Today wasn't good enough and the tactics were all over the place. 

Were falling back in to the age old trap of not playing for 90 mins and instead playing for 45 or maybe at a push 30. 

Think tiredness defo played an impact on the younger lads tonight could tell Spence and Coulson were hanging by 40 mins. 

Onwards to Tuesday now back on home soil. 

Coulson was completely lost from the first minute. Spence was visibly tired. We need defensive reinforcement badly. 

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I actually feel quite good after that game considering the result, reading some of the comments around mine makes me think I might just be in a minority.