• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We got beat 1-0 away by one of the best teams in the division in our fifth game in eighteen days and fielding a team full of rookies, fringe players, midfielders playing in defence and still managed t

In addition to the camera angle being weird, something about it is making one of my cats keep trying to catch the ball at key moments in the game. She's always loved watching football but is going cra

Obviously watching ‘Les Miserables’ 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

I wouldn’t say I feel good about the result, but yeah, definitely not as angry as some others. People’s expectations have wrongfully changed for the season.

We got hammered for +90 mins and ONLY got beat 1-0, but that’s OK because our expectations are so low anything but a hammering is considered exceptional. 

• Haha 2
Just now, DevKWat said:

Gestede and Clayton are both finished, it’s extremely annoying when a player brings nothing to your team. But it’s another thing when they actually pull you backwards and cause your own side problems 

Someone *** in your porridge this morning! I'm going to guess it was Rudy and Adam.

I thought Spence caused us more problems than either of those 2 tonight. He looked a bit tired but also got ran a bit ragged and kept losing the ball.

The problem Woodgate will have now after that run's put us clear of the drop is this next 4 months of essentially dead games, it will be awfully hard for a lot of fans because this period we're basically playing for nothing something unfamiliar for Boro fans for 7 years the play-off dream the past few weeks was nice but short of running the board with Ws in almost every remaining game that's dead and we aren't going down either. 

It's hard to switch focus to next season and building for it when typically we're counting points and biting nails in this period the signs I'm looking for is whether we compete with the top teams of this season that will be important next season it's almost back to Aitor's first season use and assess what you have add the missing pieces in the summer build the foundations on the training ground. All that sounds nice but the pressure Woodgate and the team will be under next season after taking this season off will be off the charts right now you just try to size up the squad and the system and hope the West Brom/Preston games were a sign of what happens when it clicks.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

That's because one of them was in their prime and one of them is a young lad just starting out.

Yeah there is obviously going to be a gap, but Coulson has loads of basics to significantly improve on to get anywhere near Friend’s level at his prime. Thankfully for our young players sakes we’ve got this season in which we can give them game they’ll need to improve.

Edited by p_mards
5 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Gestede and Clayton are both finished, it’s extremely annoying when a player brings nothing to your team. But it’s another thing when they actually pull you backwards and cause your own side problems 

That's a fair point. Clayton has been doing a good job recently, though. It's not helping us having a makeshift defence atm either. I fully expected to lose here but I don't think we'll go on a horrible run again.

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Someone *** in your porridge this morning! I'm going to guess it was Rudy and Adam.

I thought Spence caused us more problems than either of those 2 tonight. He looked a bit tired but also got ran a bit ragged and kept losing the ball.

image.png.1c5279d0c5b894b354bbce79cbf621b1.png

I’m not a fan of any striker of Gestede’s skill set to be honest, it’s actually painful to watch.

As for Clayton he’s just Kevin Thompson 2.0; backwards, sideways, backwards, sideways. Neither should be anywhere near in my opinion and I’ve said that for a while not just based on this game 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I actually feel quite good after that game considering the result, reading some of the comments around mine makes me think I might just be in a minority.

I don't know whether I feel good about it because we lost and we deserved to lose.  However, I'm not really sure what we are right now so I'm neither getting carried away with a few wins or on a massive downer because of a defeat.  Are we a better side than we were two months ago?  Yeah, I feel we can say that.  Are we a good side?  I really don't know.  We played well and won a couple of games after playing poorly and winning a couple.  But is that just some temporary good form or something more substantial?  No idea but I think it needs more games before we know where we're at and I think some people, not everyone, had kind of already decided that we're now a good team, hence some of the disappointment perhaps.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

The problem Woodgate will have now after that run's put us clear of the drop is this next 4 months of essentially dead games, it will be awfully hard for a lot of fans because this period we're basically playing for nothing something unfamiliar for Boro fans for 7 years the play-off dream the past few weeks was nice but short of running the board with Ws in almost every remaining game that's dead and we aren't going down either. 

It's hard to switch focus to next season and building for it when typically we're counting points and biting nails in this period the signs I'm looking for is whether we compete with the top teams of this season that will be important next season it's almost back to Aitor's first season use and assess what you have add the missing pieces in the summer build the foundations on the training ground. All that sounds nice but the pressure Woodgate and the team will be under next season after taking this season off will be off the charts right now you just try to size up the squad and the system and hope the West Brom/Preston games were a sign of what happens when it clicks.

I totally agree Woodgate has to use this time figuring out how the hell he is going to get Boro challenging for promotion next season. 

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I mean, we didn't. How many chances did Fulham have in that second half before Odoi's disallowed goal?

Wilson what exactly do you take or enforced To,  that makes life so wonderful. 

I don't think this result stops anything to be honest. We have to keep doing our best because as per our rise to this position, you never know how much ground you can make up. We lost to Swansea and Leeds quite embarrassingly, tonight wasn't that AFAIC, it was hard-fought but with very little give at the top end. We should have been out of the game at 30 minutes in but we weren't and we did change and find a way back into it without creating any significant chances. But in a game like that, all it takes is once chance, one goal and at 1-1 the entire atmosphere on this forum would change from being a negative result to a positive one. There's still plenty of games left, we probably won't get relegated but we might as well try to get as high as possible and do our best because you never know what will happen in the top 6. God, Leeds and West Brom looked beyond sight as mentioned plenty of times tonight but now Fulham are 4 points off them going into the weekend and suddenly the pressure is on again.

• Like 2