oneBoro Forum

Boro V Fulham (A) Friday 17/01/20 19.45 0-1

11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Now, I'm as much a fan as anyone of some good old fashioned racism but is there something on this thread that perhaps shouldn't be there or am I overthinking it 👀👻👀

Ahhh i hear you’re a racist now CT? Should we all be racist? 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We got beat 1-0 away by one of the best teams in the division in our fifth game in eighteen days and fielding a team full of rookies, fringe players, midfielders playing in defence and still managed t

In addition to the camera angle being weird, something about it is making one of my cats keep trying to catch the ball at key moments in the game. She's always loved watching football but is going cra

Obviously watching ‘Les Miserables’ 

Posted Images

Just now, Jamie-H said:
12 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I might be in minority but i still dont feel confident we are fully safe. We are 10pts clear but 2 or 3 bad results and suddenly you are back down there. And we are more than capable of having 2 or 3 bad results

Past 4 seasons the average 22nd places relegation mark is 41 points we get 3 more wins in the next 4 months and we're mathematically safe bar an anomaly hopefully that puts you at ease!

To get up to the 60ish point mark Karanka hit in the 13/14 season would require 7-8 wins from now so pretty plausible we're set for a 10th-14th finish. To get relegated we'd have to lose 15 games and draw the rest I don't think even we are capable of being that naff.

I think we'll be fine now because there are teams who are clearly worse than us in the Championship.  I suppose our form could completely fall off a cliff now but I don't see that happening.  We're going to pick up wins along the way between now and the end of the season, I'd be fairly confident of that 👍

• Like 1

The next six games looks easy on paper.. If we could get like 13-14 points there .. Anything would still be possible... if we get that amount .. We might be within 3-6 points of 6th

4 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

The next six games looks easy on paper.. If we could get like 13-14 points there .. Anything would still be possible... if we get that amount .. We might be within 3-6 points of 6th

18 games remaining 34 points

6th placed average points over the past 4 seasons 76 points.

So we need 42 points from the remaining 54 points available, or we need 13 wins and 3 draws (so W13 D3 L2) or 14 wins out of 18.

I hate ruining dreams but whilst it's not impossible I mean it's very very unlikely we run the board like that regardless of our next few results.

@SmogDane

Birmingham @ home

Blackburn @ home

Brentford away

Wigan away

Luton @ home

Barnsley away

Brentford away is tough and only reason Wigan survived last season and have a chance of doing it this season is because they are exceptional at home and awful away. I am hoping Barnsleys good run (think one of the form teams in whole division) is still not going but either way Oakwell has not been a happy hunting ground at all for us in recent times.

Therefore 14pts would be quite an exceptional return. I would snap your hands of for 10-11pts.

1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

18 games remaining 34 points

6th placed average points over the past 4 seasons 76 points.

So we need 42 points from the remaining 54 points available, or we need 13 wins and 3 draws (so W13 D3 L2) or 14 wins out of 18.

I hate ruining dreams but whilst it's not impossible I mean it's very very unlikely we run the board like that regardless of our next few results.

Stranger things have happened 😛 

I get your point .. But the teams in 4-6th also needs 35 odd points out of the remaining 😉 

There is always one team getting a great run at the end .. I just hope it is us .. i don't expect in .. I am satisfied with a mid table finish ... and some sorting out how to approach next season. 

But one can dream .. look at the big gap we created to the bottom.. with a good spell .. 

Please now stop with the promotion ***! 2 months ago I’d have snapped your hand off to stay in the league. If we went up we’d be screwed next season anyway. Bournemouth could be in our league next season.

if we achieve mid table - with some exciting players coming through the academy, we’ve had a great season. 

now repeat after me: forget the playoffs!! 

1 minute ago, RiseSirAxlRose said:

Please now stop with the promotion ***! 2 months ago I’d have snapped your hand off to stay in the league. If we went up we’d be screwed next season anyway. Bournemouth could be in our league next season.

if we achieve mid table - with some exciting players coming through the academy, we’ve had a great season. 

I can't honestly understand why anyone would be so bothered about people thinking about promotion. I don't think anyone thinks we'll actually get promoted. It's a possibility, just like relegation, what could possibly grind your gears so much about people thinking about a positive possibility? In what way does that hinder you? Goodness me.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, RiseSirAxlRose said:

You will never have the authority to choose what i personally hope for... never ever!

Hoping and expecting is actually not the same .. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I can't honestly understand why anyone would be so bothered about people thinking about promotion. I don't think anyone thinks we'll actually get promoted. It's a possibility, just like relegation, what could possibly grind your gears so much about people thinking about a positive possibility? In what way does that hinder you? Goodness me.

Hinder me? Lol Eh? 
‘Twas a bit tongue in cheek. But yeah, we 100% will not achieve the playoffs. We’ll finish just below half way imo 

50 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

image.png.1c5279d0c5b894b354bbce79cbf621b1.png

mate. thats considered quite racist these days in a lot of UK and Ireland. 

As an aside, I had one of those dolls growing up. But then my nan also had a black cat she called ****** (my stars, not the board censor) that I guess you can fill in the gaps. Different times, different attitudes. 

• Like 1