oneBoro Forum

Boro V Fulham (A) Friday 17/01/20 19.45 0-1

We got beat 1-0 away by one of the best teams in the division in our fifth game in eighteen days and fielding a team full of rookies, fringe players, midfielders playing in defence and still managed to hold our own for a decent portion of the game...I think everybody has the right to their own opinion, but some people just seem to want any excuse to criticise. We are very much a work in progress and when most of your best players are inexperienced, they are going to have off days....I remember Pallister being awful in some games, Davey Mills missing sitters and any number of kids being given the runaround by lads who knew enough to make them dive in when they shouldn't. We aren't going to beat everybody but as long as we beat the ones we should, I can live with that.... criticise them when they deserve it, but at least try and balance it by seeing things as they are and not as you would like them to be. I agree Rudy can't play lone striker role and probably is now better as an impact sub, but if sacrificing a game against a team 15 points above us by doing that and ensuring Fletcher, Nmecha and Tav aren't dead on their feet after an hour against Birmingham means we hopefully get a better result Tuesday, then I can live with that.       

• Like 6
  • Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We got beat 1-0 away by one of the best teams in the division in our fifth game in eighteen days and fielding a team full of rookies, fringe players, midfielders playing in defence and still managed t

In addition to the camera angle being weird, something about it is making one of my cats keep trying to catch the ball at key moments in the game. She's always loved watching football but is going cra

Obviously watching ‘Les Miserables’ 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, BoroJake said:

Woodgate didn't seem too happy with the interviewer last night on sky.

Haha what did she expect. Asking the same question in a different way 5 times, when he answered her the first time. Woody made her look a right muppet.

I've not seen the Birmingham interview that may have turned him against her, but I think Woodgate just comes across like a bellend there. Made worse by the fact it's on national tv.

I couldn't believe it took so long to bring on Fletcher either, fair enough if the game was out of sight but it was still 1-0 and Gestede was completely useless all game. As superior as Fulham were, we could have stolen a point if his management had been more proactive.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

I've not seen the Birmingham interview that may have turned him against her, but I think Woodgate just comes across like a bellend there. Made worse by the fact it's on national tv.

I couldn't believe it took so long to bring on Fletcher either, fair enough if the game was out of sight but it was still 1-0 and Gestede was completely useless all game. As superior as Fulham were, we could have stolen a point if his management had been more proactive.

I agree with you @TeaCider24. I did not think he needed to be that short or arsey with the interviewer. She asked a question which we all asked on here during the game, i.e bring on fletcher earlier. Se was only forced to re-word the question because he was being a t*t about the initial question imo. Big fan of what Woodgate done this season but i personally was not impressed with his conduct there. Each to their own though

Got no problems with what He said and how he said it. A lot of reporters tend to give the rookie managers a harder time whilst trembling in front of some of the ‘Big Name’ ones. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Him and that interviewer got history from when she gave him a tough time after Birmingham defeat about his job. He said afterwards he should have been tougher with her given she was like that with him. I have a feeling Woodgate saw last night as an opportunity to show her he no push over.

We were awful at Birmingham.  If he thinks she was giving him a hard time then it's probably a good job he wasn't having a read of this place.  We were dreadful and plenty of people on here were talking about Woodgate and his job.

Sometimes it’s good to bite back because some reporters, most, are only seeking sensationalism. Now had it been a male reporter it might have raised an eyebrow, but the issue with today’s snow flakes they will see it as an attack on feminism. 

3 hours ago, Changing Times said:

We were awful at Birmingham.  If he thinks she was giving him a hard time then it's probably a good job he wasn't having a read of this place.  We were dreadful and plenty of people on here were talking about Woodgate and his job.

i totally agree CT. i think Woodgate needs to develop a thicker skin given job he is in. He always says i can handle criticism etc but in all honesty he seems to respond in a petulant manner when faced with difficult questions.

One thing i really like about Woodgate is how positive he is. He never criticises players for individual poor performances or errors and is constantly trying to encourage them. That is refreshing from the way Pulis laid in to them each post match. However, he does need to improve on his ability to handle the tougher questions/criticism from the media.

14 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

That is Woodgate.... an arrogant bellend. He's even worse when he's full of alcohol. 

He might turn out to be a decent manager but I'll never warm to him as a person.

1 hour ago, Duvel said:

That is Woodgate.... an arrogant bellend. He's even worse when he's full of alcohol. 

He might turn out to be a decent manager but I'll never warm to him as a person.

He used to eat in Oodles in the town when my mam worked there, she said he was never any problem and was a great tipper. Used to often be with Bowyer too.

My personal interactions with him have led me to conclude he's a complete ***, however.

Guys can I remind you that derogatory name calling aimed at forum members is not tolerated, because we are better than that, should also apply to those who can not defend themselves.

You can express your thoughts in a better way surely?

15 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Guys can I remind you that derogatory name calling aimed at forum members is not tolerated, because we are better than that, should also apply to those who can not defend themselves.

When did that happen?

If you're on about Woodgate then I think it's fair to say whatever your opinions of him are however you see fit.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

But casual racism is ok?