Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

Boro V Fulham (A) Friday 17/01/20 19.45 0-1

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Now, I'm as much a fan as anyone of some good old fashioned racism but is there something on this thread that perhaps shouldn't be there or am I overthinking it 👀👻👀

Ahhh i hear you’re a racist now CT? Should we all be racist? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jamie-H said:
12 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I might be in minority but i still dont feel confident we are fully safe. We are 10pts clear but 2 or 3 bad results and suddenly you are back down there. And we are more than capable of having 2 or 3 bad results

Past 4 seasons the average 22nd places relegation mark is 41 points we get 3 more wins in the next 4 months and we're mathematically safe bar an anomaly hopefully that puts you at ease!

To get up to the 60ish point mark Karanka hit in the 13/14 season would require 7-8 wins from now so pretty plausible we're set for a 10th-14th finish. To get relegated we'd have to lose 15 games and draw the rest I don't think even we are capable of being that naff.

I think we'll be fine now because there are teams who are clearly worse than us in the Championship.  I suppose our form could completely fall off a cliff now but I don't see that happening.  We're going to pick up wins along the way between now and the end of the season, I'd be fairly confident of that 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pampers are on offer in Asda if anyone thinks we're getting relegated if that's any help to anyone 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The next six games looks easy on paper.. If we could get like 13-14 points there .. Anything would still be possible... if we get that amount .. We might be within 3-6 points of 6th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

The next six games looks easy on paper.. If we could get like 13-14 points there .. Anything would still be possible... if we get that amount .. We might be within 3-6 points of 6th

18 games remaining 34 points

6th placed average points over the past 4 seasons 76 points.

So we need 42 points from the remaining 54 points available, or we need 13 wins and 3 draws (so W13 D3 L2) or 14 wins out of 18.

I hate ruining dreams but whilst it's not impossible I mean it's very very unlikely we run the board like that regardless of our next few results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SmogDane

Birmingham @ home

Blackburn @ home

Brentford away

Wigan away

Luton @ home

Barnsley away

Brentford away is tough and only reason Wigan survived last season and have a chance of doing it this season is because they are exceptional at home and awful away. I am hoping Barnsleys good run (think one of the form teams in whole division) is still not going but either way Oakwell has not been a happy hunting ground at all for us in recent times.

Therefore 14pts would be quite an exceptional return. I would snap your hands of for 10-11pts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jamie-H said:

18 games remaining 34 points

6th placed average points over the past 4 seasons 76 points.

So we need 42 points from the remaining 54 points available, or we need 13 wins and 3 draws (so W13 D3 L2) or 14 wins out of 18.

I hate ruining dreams but whilst it's not impossible I mean it's very very unlikely we run the board like that regardless of our next few results.

Stranger things have happened 😛 

I get your point .. But the teams in 4-6th also needs 35 odd points out of the remaining 😉 

There is always one team getting a great run at the end .. I just hope it is us .. i don't expect in .. I am satisfied with a mid table finish ... and some sorting out how to approach next season. 

But one can dream .. look at the big gap we created to the bottom.. with a good spell .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please now stop with the promotion ***! 2 months ago I’d have snapped your hand off to stay in the league. If we went up we’d be screwed next season anyway. Bournemouth could be in our league next season.
 

if we achieve mid table - with some exciting players coming through the academy, we’ve had a great season. 
 

now repeat after me: forget the playoffs!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RiseSirAxlRose said:

Please now stop with the promotion ***! 2 months ago I’d have snapped your hand off to stay in the league. If we went up we’d be screwed next season anyway. Bournemouth could be in our league next season.
 

if we achieve mid table - with some exciting players coming through the academy, we’ve had a great season. 
 

now repeat after me: forget the playoffs!! 

I can't honestly understand why anyone would be so bothered about people thinking about promotion. I don't think anyone thinks we'll actually get promoted. It's a possibility, just like relegation, what could possibly grind your gears so much about people thinking about a positive possibility? In what way does that hinder you? Goodness me.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RiseSirAxlRose said:

Please now stop with the promotion ***! 2 months ago I’d have snapped your hand off to stay in the league. If we went up we’d be screwed next season anyway. Bournemouth could be in our league next season.
 

if we achieve mid table - with some exciting players coming through the academy, we’ve had a great season. 
 

now repeat after me: forget the playoffs!! 

You will never have the authority to choose what i personally hope for... never ever!

Hoping and expecting is actually not the same .. 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I can't honestly understand why anyone would be so bothered about people thinking about promotion. I don't think anyone thinks we'll actually get promoted. It's a possibility, just like relegation, what could possibly grind your gears so much about people thinking about a positive possibility? In what way does that hinder you? Goodness me.

Hinder me? Lol Eh? 
‘Twas a bit tongue in cheek. But yeah, we 100% will not achieve the playoffs. We’ll finish just below half way imo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

You will never have the authority to choose what i personally hope for... never ever!

Hoping and expecting is actually not the same .. 

 

Oh Jesus.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RiseSirAxlRose said:

Oh Jesus.....

Yes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

image.png.1c5279d0c5b894b354bbce79cbf621b1.png

mate. thats considered quite racist these days in a lot of UK and Ireland. 

As an aside, I had one of those dolls growing up. But then my nan also had a black cat she called ****** (my stars, not the board censor) that I guess you can fill in the gaps. Different times, different attitudes. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • Or maybe there won’t be one. We can’t keep everything under lockdown until the virus is completely gone or there is a 100% cure. Obviously money is a question because a lot of jobs depend on the football industry but the professional sport itself is a very safe environment for everyone that’s in it.  The governments around Europe are simply starting various businesses up that is deemed safe and professional football behind closed doors isn’t dangerous in any way. 
    • I suspect much of  the league is going to be in a similar position. We're quite lucky to have so many players running out of contract just as this economic crash is coming. I can see most of the league desperately trying to cut their wage bills.  Biggest downside is no one will be willing to spend money on Britt.
    • I would have said they were on a revival before the season was stopped. They were sixth in the form table over the last six matches. That was what seemed strange about the previous manager leaving - unless they had already lined Nathan Jones up to return? So  it could go either way for them. I guess for all clubs it’s like a new season starting, what with long term injured players returning and the fact that some players seem to start a new season quickly whilst others take time to get their form and settle in.
    • Haha, just wait until the inevitable second wave hits us. Some serious questions will be asked. 
×
×
  • Create New...