Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

Boro V Fulham (A) Friday 17/01/20 19.45 0-1

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, HoyteForLeftBack said:

Ahhh i hear you’re a racist now CT? Should we all be racist? 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, boroie said:

mate. thats considered quite racist these days in a lot of UK and Ireland. 

As an aside, I had one of those dolls growing up. But then my nan also had a black cat she called ****** (my stars, not the board censor) that I guess you can fill in the gaps. Different times, different attitudes. 

Have you ever been to Denmark? Or Sweden? 
 

I too had one of those dolls! Lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RiseSirAxlRose said:

Have you ever been to Denmark? Or Sweden? 
 

I too had one of those dolls! Lol 

Actually yes, quite a few times, hence me specifying where it now doesnt quite fit in where it used to. 

And yes... those dolls were everywhere. Might still have it in the attic! 

Different times though! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, boroie said:

mate. thats considered quite racist these days in a lot of UK and Ireland. 

As an aside, I had one of those dolls growing up. But then my nan also had a black cat she called ****** (my stars, not the board censor) that I guess you can fill in the gaps. Different times, different attitudes. 

I can see, why this is being misunderstood. 

But honestly .. Look at the word in the text I made bold .. It's a play on words RAG .. 

It has absolutely nothing to do with the color of the rag doll ... honestly. So don't make it about that, please 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SmogDane said:

I can see, why this is being misunderstood. 

But honestly .. Look at the word in the text I made bold .. It's a play on words RAG .. 

It has absolutely nothing to do with the color of the rag doll ... honestly. So don't make it about that, please 😉

I absolutely understand! Thats what those dolls were called (among other things). I'm totally not offended. Just saying that it may be offensive to some. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, boroie said:

I absolutely understand! Thats what those dolls were called (among other things). I'm totally not offended. Just saying that it may be offensive to some. 

But then they can read here: That there is no offence being made .. If one wants to misunderstand, one can get offended everywhere. 

Had the words been about fry.. i would have mad the same silly play of words and posted a RAG DOLL in another color 😉

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know i have no right to tell anyone if they should be offended or not but @SmogDane has made it clear what his intentions were with that post. I fully accept his explanation and i think others do too. Therefore i hope we can all move on and this thread can go back to being about tonight's game. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TLF10 said:

I know i have no right to tell anyone if they should be offended or not but @SmogDane has made it clear what his intentions were with that post. I fully accept his explanation and i think others do too. Therefore i hope we can all move on and this thread can go back to being about tonight's game. 

Thank you, Sir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TLF10 said:

I know i have no right to tell anyone if they should be offended or not but @SmogDane has made it clear what his intentions were with that post. I fully accept his explanation and i think others do too. Therefore i hope we can all move on and this thread can go back to being about tonight's game. 

Fair enough as far as I am concerned. I certainly took no offence. My posts were more about 'ooh maybe you shouldnt be posting things like that' but anyway lets move on. 

Gestede for president! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got back (found a nice pub after the game).

Eerily similar to the spurs game earlier in the week. Preposterous first half full of errors, lying deep and conceding the midfield. Second half was end to end. Boro supporters in full voice, home fans mustering little.

Roberts was excellent, he didn't stop running.

Fulham looked dead good though, It took us a full half until we could scare them. I'd like to think a draw would have been fair but I think Fulham were just better (and so they should be).

Onwards and upwards.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched the match, didn't feel like posting along here. We started off badly and it didn't get much better after they scored. Second half was a bit better but honestly, we just looked so tired out there. 3 games in a week will do that to you though.

Coulson just had a bad game, it happens.

Gestede however, is terrible, has always been terrible for us, and the sooner his contract is up, the better.

Spence didn't have the greatest of games either, he looked scared to take his man on and there was a lot of sideways passing. Again, tiredness or maybe he felt a bit intimidated by Fulham, the lad is only young and breaking into the first team and we should remember that.

A must win game on Tuesday night now, though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor game and we were totally outclassed in the first half. I thought it was a tired looking performance as well. 

Starting Gestede was pointless he offers nothing in that system. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Uwe said:

Have I missed something? 

And me...I must have nodded off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On relection Fulham were worthy winners, we have our excuses should we wish to use them but we did look tired at times.

Do not see the point of playing both Saville and Clayton at the same time as we become limited in attack and we all saw how much pressure we were under resulting in far too many iffy back passes.

Not making any scape goats but Gestede was of no use to us at all and very weak in his overall play

Not the best of displays and whilst we had the better second half we did zip all with the ball and their keeper was never troubled.

Learn from it as others will adopt the same approach, get the winning feeling back on Tuesday if possible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...