Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

Boro V Fulham (A) Friday 17/01/20 19.45 0-1

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Here’s a link to it, if anyone missed it.

 

It’s stuff like this that makes it so hard for me to like him as a person. He just comes across as brash and insecure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, sanddancer said:

Sometimes it’s good to bite back because some reporters, most, are only seeking sensationalism. Now had it been a male reporter it might have raised an eyebrow, but the issue with today’s snow flakes they will see it as an attack on feminism

The most yer da comment I’ll read today, thank you💜

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Blanco said:

That was dealt with by Uwe was it not?

I was referring to Woodgate’s involvement in an unprovoked racist attack on a Pakistani lad. I’ll get behind him as a manager, but not as a man. 
 

As for the other matter, how was it dealt  with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I was referring to Woodgate’s involvement in an unprovoked racist attack on a Pakistani lad. I’ll get behind him as a manager, but not as a man. 
 

As for the other matter, how was it dealt  with?

I got a warning, cause my joke could be interpreted in a way it never was meant to. 

I am not a racist in anyway though, actually I have written songs about tolerance and anti-racism/fascism 😎

IT was just a bad joke on play of words, that some People would misunderstand and that's fair enough. Just as long as you know I'm not like that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I was referring to Woodgate’s involvement in an unprovoked racist attack on a Pakistani lad. I’ll get behind him as a manager, but not as a man. 
 

As for the other matter, how was it dealt  with?

Apologies Billy I took it that you were referencing the incident as described by @SmogDane above. 
 

I believe that it was an unfortunate situation and that there was no malice intended and he has apologised sincerely for any offence 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SmogDane said:

I got a warning, cause my joke could be interpreted in a way it never was meant to. 

I am not a racist in anyway though, actually I have written songs about tolerance and anti-racism/fascism 😎

IT was just a bad joke on play of words, that some People would misunderstand and that's fair enough. Just as long as you know I'm not like that. 

It was a weird joke mate, I’m not sure anyone really associated the ran ragged comment with a rag doll, it just didn’t work as a joke and I hope that you were severely reprimanded for that!

A lot of people on this forum don’t have time for humour of any sort, let alone bad humour. You need to polish up your act a bit before you make a fool of yourself 😃  

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

It was a weird joke mate, I’m not sure anyone really associated the ran ragged comment with a rag doll, it just didn’t work as a joke and I hope that you were severely reprimanded for that!

A lot of people on this forum don’t have time for humour of any sort, let alone bad humour. You need to polish up your act a bit before you make a fool of yourself 😃  

 

 

I can't figure out, if you are joking, being very serious or a mix of both 😶 😅😉

But i'am polishing, Sir!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SmogDane said:

I can't figure out, if you are joking, being very serious or a mix of both 😶 😅😉

But i'am polishing, Sir!

Keep polishing. ....... You’ll get there in the end.....

My sense of humour is even odder than yours, evidently!

Glad to know your not a racist, there’s only one gentlemen on here who enjoys  a bit of old fashioned racism, but he’s very old fashioned  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

I can't figure out, if you are joking, being very serious or a mix of both 😶 😅😉

But i'am polishing, Sir!

Still on to your porn addiction???

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Keep polishing. ....... You’ll get there in the end.....

My sense of humour is even odder than yours, evidently!

Glad to know your not a racist, there’s only one gentlemen on here who enjoys  a bit of old fashioned racism, but he’s very old fashioned  

 

Actually I think we should be careful with using the word "polish" .. Some people from a country east of germany might be offended 😄

Thanks for clarifying, it was as I chose to understand it, so that's good 😉

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HoyteForLeftBack said:

Still on to your porn addiction???

ADMINS! 

We have a bully over here! 😛 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

I got a warning, cause my joke could be interpreted in a way it never was meant to. 

I am not a racist in anyway though, actually I have written songs about tolerance and anti-racism/fascism 😎

IT was just a bad joke on play of words, that some People would misunderstand and that's fair enough. Just as long as you know I'm not like that. 

Just an unfortunate choice of doll. If you'd picked a Cabbage Patch doll, or pretty much any other soft/rag doll, you would've been okay. 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Just an unfortunate choice of doll. If you'd picked a Cabbage Patch doll, or pretty much any other soft/rag doll, you would've been okay. 😉

And in there lies the answer, my dear Watson 😉 

I had NO idea that that type of doll was a symbol of racism .. 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched that press interview clip there, its very poor regardless of the excuse made that maybe he was trying to stand up to a reporter. It comes across very badly and I agree it makes him look petulant and arrogant. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

And in there lies the answer, my dear Watson 😉 

I had NO idea that that type of doll was a symbol of racism .. 😉

It’s Danny Baker all over again!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Latest Posts

    • This is what I would want to see. More of a 3-5-2 which has worked for us at times this season. I feel like we need Howson in midfield as our midfielders are just useless and lack any leadership, he can at least make a tackle. Saville to start if we want more balance or Tav if we wanna go for it. Roberts behind the striker and just let him run at them on the counter attack, maybe him and Britt could get something going. Let Spence and Coulson offer our pace and width as wingsback.                                          Stojanovic    Spence - Fry - Moukoudi - Friend/Shotton - Coulson                          Howson - McNair - Saville/Tav                                       Roberts                                               Britt/Fletch                             Not that it matters like, don't have much hope for this game.
    • Half-way through Mad Men and just started series 5 of The Bureau, both excellent. 
    • Warnock's had a good shuffle of the pack now. That's the desperate hope that his selections will finally click and maybe lady luck will smile on us too.
    • Got a competition launching if your interested.   Predict all the scores in the Prem games this weekend 5 Points if you get the correct score 2 Points for correct result Person with the most points takes the pot   £5 a go Join the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1606647006164160/ Entry Form.xlsx
    • At this point I'd usually go check out how Millwall were doing and figure out how we could beat them. But whilst Stoke wasn't exactly a masterclass, the last two games in particular have left me bereft of confidence in this side. This squad isn't built out of League One quality players and yet the lack of quality coming from players at the moment makes it look like they are. Our passing and movement is so key to the way Warnock wants us to play but I just don't think anyone is really tackling this task together right now. We see some individual quality on display, particularly from Roberts and Britt at times in the last few games, but it's just not coming together as a unit. The final ball or decision is made too late, too strong or too weak. I agree with some others that I don't think that effort is necessarily the issue... it's just quality when and where it matters. We don't have a single player in the squad right now who's capable of planting a ball on a player's noggin on a consistent basis from a dead ball, never mind when in the flow of play. Still, the team? Hopefully Spence is back... this is what comes to mind. Stojanovic Spence Fry Friend Coulson Tav Howson Saville Roberts Fletcher Britt
×
×
  • Create New...