oneBoro Forum

Boro v Birmingham 1-1 (Fletcher)

5 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Are they blind???

wtf ref?

Not a head injury, not a serious injury. Atrocious!

Was that boro bloke even injured. Couldn’t see anything worth stopping the game for

This a fecking disgrace. If Boro had anything about them they'd let us walk it in.

Seriously just feck off.

Nothing wrong with him. Not a foul. He just fell over tired.

Big question should be: Did the boro staff come onto the pitch before being asked to by the ref?

We was attacking and a Boro player went down. We scored and as we scored the ref stopped the game and stopped play for a head injury. Only problem is that it wasn’t a head injury. It was his knee.

Doesn’t excuse the *** decision by the ref to stop play but that was a foul by Jude imo.

It was right in front of the referee and he didn't think so at the time and played on. The player just fell over anyway imho

The live stream didn't show the right angle to get the precise order of events. Hopefully, there are other cameras.

The "injury" was just outside our box. He possibly twisted his knee as he fell, but as he didn't get stretchered off and seemed to be able to run around it obviously wasn't serious. The ref ran away from the "injured" player without concern, following the ball up the left-hand touchline.

The ref seems to have stopped the game just as Jude was crossing the ball from the angle of the box. The ball was in the net two seconds later.

It probably took about 10 seconds from the "injury" to the ball being in the net. No-one appeared to stop play as the ball was bundled over the line.

Perhaps the ref got a signal through his ear to stop play. I doubt he was looking back to the "injured" player, as he'd have been watching the attack.

Doesn’t excuse the *** decision by the ref to stop play but that was a foul by Jude imo.

Nope. Clearly got the ball and not the "injured" player.

Here's the thread

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Also Woody confirms that the subs were more precautionary, both Roberts and Fry felt their hammy's getting tighter and tighter and tehy couldn't be risked being lost for lengthy times. 

Word of warning to anyone coming down, in case you come/leave this way, the road by the college is closed off at the T-junction next to Boho 5. They're currently making a through road from Windward Wa

Thanks @Brunners. Just listened to it and just to add to your points. - asked about Gibson and said lets wait and see. It seems clear we want him. - asked if the 2 signings he expects are bo

Posted Images

Just now, OldManGravz said:

Gave up trying to watch any kind of stream, had a nightmare trying to find a decent one that didn't buffer every 5 mins...

Did Wood play well enough to think we could throw him in more often, if we needed to? Like we have done with Spence and Coulson?

Wood had a solid second half I think, probably made loads of mistakes but didn’t look out of his depth.

2 minutes ago, OldManGravz said:

Gave up trying to watch any kind of stream, had a nightmare trying to find a decent one that didn't buffer every 5 mins...

Did Wood play well enough to think we could throw him in more often, if we needed to? Like we have done with Spence and Coulson?

Again, only watched the 2nd half, but yes I thought he was actually pretty decent considering his age and experience.

Just now, Duvel said:

Us bringing Tav straight back on doesn't really help our defence though. 

It's up to the officials to prevent a player with a head injury from coming back on.

Tav clearly felt he could continue, and I'm sure Woodgate didn't want us to go down to 10 men.

Just another example of bad officiating to let him back on.

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It's up to the officials to prevent a player with a head injury from coming back on.

Tav clearly felt he could continue, and I'm sure Woodgate didn't want us to go down to 10 men.

Surely our medical staff should bear some of the responsibility for the decision to let him continue, though.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Isn't there a concussion protocol which the medical staff are supposed to follow for a head injury? If a player is concussed then he shouldn't be allowed by our physio to come back on. The ref will follow the advice of our physio. 

Theres something called second impact syndrome where people have had a second blow to the head following an earlier concussion and it's been fatal. 

If our bench were so concerned about Tav in the first place then why did we take a risk with him? 

• Like 1

Happy with a draw in the end. On an evening where it seems everything was goung against us, we dug in and took a point.

After the pen miss, we then go lose our most creative plsyer followed by our only recognised defender. All in space of 35mins.

11pts clear of 3rd bottom.

Really glad we got 11 days off. Hopefully players are now off for next 5days until Monday just to rest, switch off and recharge. Been going at full throttle since Nov 24th when we drew v Hull.

• Like 2

Dug in and sneaked a unworthy point in my opinion.

Started okay but the injuries absoutely killed our game plan. Got to say but I was left scratching my head at bringing on Wood when we were already 1-0 down and we could of gone to a back 4.

I have to say the whole atmosphere around the ground was absoutely shocking which wasn't helped by the PA personnel and the annoy system.

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

Dug in and sneaked a unworthy point in my opinion.

Started okay but the injuries absoutely killed our game plan. Got to say but I was left scratching my head at bringing on Wood when we were already 1-0 down and we could of gone to a back 4.

I have to say the whole atmosphere around the ground was absoutely shocking which wasn't helped by the PA personnel and the annoy system.

He doesn't want to have to play Spence at RB; he's said before that Spence has played every minute of football at RWB and he doesn't want him to have to change right now. It's why he said he couldn't play 4 at the back against Fulham either.

• Like 1