• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Also Woody confirms that the subs were more precautionary, both Roberts and Fry felt their hammy's getting tighter and tighter and tehy couldn't be risked being lost for lengthy times. 

Word of warning to anyone coming down, in case you come/leave this way, the road by the college is closed off at the T-junction next to Boho 5. They're currently making a through road from Windward Wa

Thanks @Brunners. Just listened to it and just to add to your points. - asked about Gibson and said lets wait and see. It seems clear we want him. - asked if the 2 signings he expects are bo

Posted Images

Just now, Brunners said:

A few points from anyone who can't / hasn't watched the post match press conference.

- Wants/expects 1 or 2 more players in by end of windows

- Fry/Roberts more precautionary, hopefully not out too long

- Fletcher has really stepped up the last couple months, works hard in training

- Coulson is sick; has been since Fulham and is on antibiotics

- Thinks had Roberts stayed on the pitch we'd have won the game. Says he shouldn't put too much pressure on Roberts but sometimes can't help it because he's just that good.

- Thinks the reds were a little harsh, just a fracas, they'll all make up and have a beer afterwards.

- Was running down the line at the linesman yelling it's a head injury - points out they were offside for the actual goal anyway, so it would have been flagged off.

Thanks @Brunners. Just listened to it and just to add to your points.

- asked about Gibson and said lets wait and see. It seems clear we want him.

- asked if the 2 signings he expects are both defenders he said lets wait and see.

- said fry not for sale unless someone offering £30m

- britt back for blackburn. Shots and Friends to play in 2 reserves game. I elieve there are 2 games on Sun 2nd Feb and Fr 7th Feb.

- was confident about fry and roberts. These 11 days should do both them world of good in terms of rexovery.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Us bringing Tav back on doesn't change the course of events, mate. I don't think it was the right decision either but what actually happened has very little to do with our decision to bring him back on when we're talking about people calling it a knee injury vs. what it actually was.

I'm sure if we had a sub available, we'd have taken him off but clearly in the heat of the moment, he felt okay, we wanted to be at 11 players and so he went back on. On another day, it could have gone completely wrong and no, we shouldn't have done it. But I think that's a separate thing.

I wasn't at the game so I can only go by what I heard on Tees, they said Tav was 'out' after a head collision. 

If that's the case then the heat of the moment shouldn't have anything to do with the physios decision, neither should our lack of available subs. A physio has to make a decision based on the players health and after a head injury the situation of the game shouldn't be a factor. 

• Like 1

30 million pound public pricetag is about as firm as it gets as a stance from Woody on Fry and it's nice to hear him be that firm and bold on it to be honest big show of faith in Fry at the same time to set a Championship record price on his head publicly.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I wasn't at the game so I can only go by what I heard on Tees, they said Tav was 'out' after a head collision. 

If that's the case then the heat of the moment shouldn't have anything to do with the physios decision, neither should our lack of available subs. A physio has to make a decision based on the players health and after a head injury the situation of the game shouldn't be a factor. 

Again, not disagreeing. More pointing out that you seem to be countering the point of Brum fans complaining about the head injury with our physios shouldn't be sending him back on. He was out, completely out, 3 or 4 Boro players and Lee Camp were all screaming for the game to stop and for physios to come on and the ref and his assistants completely ignored it, so much so that the physios ran on anyway.

• Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Was running down the line at the linesman yelling it's a head injury - points out they were offside for the actual goal anyway, so it would have been flagged off.

Haha, the linesman had actually flagged offside? Or was going to? If true, that's great. All this faff on and the goal wasn't even gonna get given anyway.

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I'm glad we don't have a game this weekend as we are absolutely desperate for a break.  Not a great game but we looked knackered and the injuries just added to it.

Aye, we looked so void of energy. Could have really done with McNair putting that penalty away, like, might have been able to handle the game much better if we were the ones controlling the tempo.

4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Again, not disagreeing. More pointing out that you seem to be countering the point of Brum fans complaining about the head injury with our physios shouldn't be sending him back on. He was out, completely out, 3 or 4 Boro players and Lee Camp were all screaming for the game to stop and for physios to come on and the ref and his assistants completely ignored it, so much so that the physios ran on anyway.

The Birmingham fans see our players and bench going hysterical because we wanted the game stopped. The goal gets disallowed then they see Tav running round a few minutes later. In their biased opinion they probably think he's feigning injury and we've robbed them off 2 points. 

To be honest if the roles were reversed I think our fans would be reacting the same. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Duvel said:

The Birmingham fans see our players and bench going hysterical because we wanted the game stopped. The goal gets disallowed then they see Tav running round a few minutes later. In their biased opinion they probably think he's feigning injury and we've robbed them off 2 points. 

To be honest if the roles were reversed I think our fans would be reacting the same. 

They also think the league has a vendetta against them because of the referee's display tonight.

• Like 1

I've just watched the Tav incident on replay, I'm absolutely baffled that the ref didn't deem that a foul.

Even if he hadn't been knocked out by the second Birmingham player's elbow, he was completely wiped out by the first.

Pathetic.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Pleased that Wood managed to aquit himself well when he came on. People forget just how young he is, ESPECIALLY for a centre back.

Yeah, he looked a bit shook coming on in the first half but second half, he had a few really good moments for a very young lad.

11 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Haha, the linesman had actually flagged offside? Or was going to? If true, that's great. All this faff on and the goal wasn't even gonna get given anyway.

I don't know if he had actually flagged, or if Woodgate was just sounding confident in his posturing, but he seemed pretty convinced it was going to be disallowed regardless.

6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

They also think the league has a vendetta against them because of the referee's display tonight.

I'm sure not every Birmingham fan is that thick just like every Boro isn't completely stupid either. 

• Haha 1