oneBoro Forum

Boro v Birmingham 1-1 (Fletcher)

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

I've just watched the Tav incident on replay, I'm absolutely baffled that the ref didn't deem that a foul.

Even if he hadn't been knocked out by the second Birmingham player's elbow, he was completely wiped out by the first.

Pathetic.

The referee wasn't giving us anything all night. Some of the ones the crowd were asking for were a bit soft, like I think the penalty we asked for before the actual penalty looked a bit soft, but a lot were just over the line of what you'd consider a foul and he just didn't give a toss. Tav got bundled over 2 or 3 times after being harassed by about 3 Brum players and he was having none of it. You like to give some refs the benefit of the doubt as it must be an awful job sometimes but tonight was truly dreadful, him and his assistants truly lost control of the game. Still remember one ball clearly going out for a throw-in which the assistant on the East side was convinced was still in, visually indicating that it was fine. Then the crowd shouted at him and he changed his mind.

• Like 1
  • Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Also Woody confirms that the subs were more precautionary, both Roberts and Fry felt their hammy's getting tighter and tighter and tehy couldn't be risked being lost for lengthy times. 

Word of warning to anyone coming down, in case you come/leave this way, the road by the college is closed off at the T-junction next to Boho 5. They're currently making a through road from Windward Wa

Thanks @Brunners. Just listened to it and just to add to your points. - asked about Gibson and said lets wait and see. It seems clear we want him. - asked if the 2 signings he expects are bo

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I'm sure not every Birmingham fan is that thick just like every Boro isn't completely stupid either. 

Aye, just saying that just because some fans call foul of it and feel let down by it doesn't make them right. Some of them feel the league has a vendetta against them, they're wrong but they still feel that way.

Eventful game to say the least....Tav looked out of it at the final whistle ..and if Brum fans thought he was milking it, wonder what their opinion was of their two players collapsing in their penalty area two minutes later while we were pressing them, then miraculously recovering when manager signalled them to get up......I have seen us lose too many games like that to not be happy to get point in the end. Johnson looked as though he was limping for long spells and thought Pears had a pretty decent game. Couldn't do much about goal, but did well on a couple of occasions with his blocks and punches..feel more confident about him with each game and the longer game went on, the better Wood looked, so all in all as many plusses as minuses    

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Aye, we looked so void of energy. Could have really done with McNair putting that penalty away, like, might have been able to handle the game much better if we were the ones controlling the tempo.

Well yeah, missing a penalty wasn't ideal.  I'm not sure if we'd have controlled things that much had we scored, just because we did look so flat regardless.  I think the truth is that we aren't a good side yet, and other than a few good performances out of nowhere, most of what we've done this season has been lacking in something, whether it's been energy, quality, direction or whatever else.  We looked empty on Friday night for a decent chunk of the game, we looked no different today really but we were playing an inferior side.  The break should help us out, hopefully get one or two back from injury, hopefully get one or two new players in and maybe get rid of one or two as well.  Unless we collapse for the rest of the season then we shouldn't be in any relegation danger so we can start to build towards next season in games.

• Like 2

Watching the non-goal back, Jutkiewicz isn't offside I don't think so Woody got that bit wrong, pretty sure he's behind the ball as Maghoma touches it.

Maghoma, however, is a tight one. He's definitely ahead of the Boro defence as the ball is played in. Question is whether the ball is played from in line with Maghoma to begin with as the lad on the left is beyond Spence and seems to be ahead of the entire Boro defensive line. It looks tight, if you take it from anything he can play the ball with, he's probably marginally offside at least.

• Thanks 1

After reading back through reports it’s numbing knowing the amount of points we have coincided by referees and our own stupidity. I said in a early post we should be 10 to 15 points better off and I think that’s conservative.

I also stated the team is better than Woody and I’ll stick with that thought too. The issue I have with Woody being he does not seem to learn lessons very well or quickly, but he comes across as a determined individual which may prove an advantage next season as the rookie learns his trade. Woody will be with us quite sometime and we will remain in the  Championship possibly indefinitely, but that worry’s me little because I believe it the division we can develop and see some reasonable games.

What concerns me is money, because the Championship is not going to be enough to finance the club, players and academy at a level we have known, and I can see further cut backs which is really worrying given the current squad size and the amount of injuries. Possibly the squad size could be managed with less injuries and players returning, but why do we have so many, why.  

• Like 1

What stands out as the most annoying frustrating thing, a catalyst for everything else to go bananas... 
We all knew, that Paddy McNair would place the ball exactly where he did.. Not in the area of .. but exactly where he did! 

I expect goalkeepers  do some research of the opponents penalty takers  so it was an easy save for Lee Camp... 

Britt for sure isn't the answer and we thought Paddy maybe was... But Boro really need to find a good penalty taker.. One who doesn't blast the ball sky high because it has to look fancy ... one who can place the ball in both sides of the goal, both high and low... I wonder who has the best tecnique for this... I would seriously work on this with one of the coaches if I had to find out... 

• Like 2

A lot of mentions about how tired some of our players are and rightly so but that can not be labled at Rudy Gestede.

Apart from one swallow in a summer he simply has not re-invented himself by showing that he can be a footballer.

If this form is whilst he is fit what on earth would a tired Rudy be like?

Sorry but for me he has not taken the chances given to him to allow him to get back on side

• Like 1

I think the big thing with Rudy is that he isn't really 100% ...he might be 80% but knows he is not going to be retained and is trying to get as much game time as he can without being injured again, most likely back to Europe next season but really seen as the guy to put on for last 20-30 minutes if someone else is struggling

Very glad we brought Nmecha in, who I thought looked good last night, means we'll see less of Gestede when everyone's fit.

I thought Gestede would finally have a good spell after playing very well against Preston, but he was atrocious against Fulham and that free header with his first touch last night just typifies him. He's never got a header on target for us.

10 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Thanks @Brunners. Just listened to it and just to add to your points.

- asked about Gibson and said lets wait and see. It seems clear we want him.

- asked if the 2 signings he expects are both defenders he said lets wait and see.

- said fry not for sale unless someone offering £30m

- britt back for blackburn. Shots and Friends to play in 2 reserves game. I elieve there are 2 games on Sun 2nd Feb and Fr 7th Feb.

- was confident about fry and roberts. These 11 days should do both them world of good in terms of rexovery.

*tries to imagine anyone offering £30m for Fry*

ryan gosling lol GIF

Or any of our players, for that matter.

10 hours ago, Jamie-H said:

30 million pound public pricetag is about as firm as it gets as a stance from Woody on Fry and it's nice to hear him be that firm and bold on it to be honest big show of faith in Fry at the same time to set a Championship record price on his head publicly.

Suppose its as close as you can get to saying "they're not for sale" without actually saying it.

As much as the club might need the money, we probably can't afford to sell any players if we want to be able to field a full starting XI and subs bench, given our injury problems.

Wood looks a brilliant little prospect. First 10 minutes he was a little shaky but once he got going I thought he looked really exciting. And lets be honest Jutkiewicz is about as tough a debut a lad his size could probably have. He's got a good leap on him, very quick and great passing from the back. Big thumbs up for him from me.

The rest of it was a bit meh. Awful ref, stopped the game every 10 seconds.

We were overrun in midfield. Probably should have put Tav in there as a 3 and have Nmecha and Rudy work as a pair. But it is what it is.. 

Any word on Coulson?

2 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Wood looks a brilliant little prospect. First 10 minutes he was a little shaky but once he got going I thought he looked really exciting. And lets be honest Jutkiewicz is about as tough a debut a lad his size could probably have. He's got a good leap on him, very quick and great passing from the back. Big thumbs up for him from me.

The rest of it was a bit meh. Awful ref, stopped the game every 10 seconds.

We were overrun in midfield. Probably should have put Tav in there as a 3 and have Nmecha and Rudy work as a pair. But it is what it is.. 

Any word on Coulson?

Ref stopped the game every 10 seconds, and yet somehow never in our favour.

Coulson has food poisoning - is currently on antibiotics.