oneBoro Forum

Boro v Birmingham 1-1 (Fletcher)

1 hour ago, mendieta420 said:

Wood looks a brilliant little prospect. First 10 minutes he was a little shaky but once he got going I thought he looked really exciting. And lets be honest Jutkiewicz is about as tough a debut a lad his size could probably have. He's got a good leap on him, very quick and great passing from the back. Big thumbs up for him from me.

The rest of it was a bit meh. Awful ref, stopped the game every 10 seconds.

We were overrun in midfield. Probably should have put Tav in there as a 3 and have Nmecha and Rudy work as a pair. But it is what it is.. 

Any word on Coulson?

If he looked as good as you say I'd have him starting regularly now. We're not going down and we're not gonna make the playoffs either. 

Howson and McNair aren't the long term answer at CB so let's have a good look at Wood. 

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Also Woody confirms that the subs were more precautionary, both Roberts and Fry felt their hammy's getting tighter and tighter and tehy couldn't be risked being lost for lengthy times. 

Word of warning to anyone coming down, in case you come/leave this way, the road by the college is closed off at the T-junction next to Boho 5. They're currently making a through road from Windward Wa

Thanks @Brunners. Just listened to it and just to add to your points. - asked about Gibson and said lets wait and see. It seems clear we want him. - asked if the 2 signings he expects are bo

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Birmingham are putting in an official complaint about the referee, hilarious.

Blatant foul, stopping the game was the only right thing he did all match.

I think they are more likely to get in trouble for the foul itself on Tav. Not quite sure whether it was deliberate or not. There is definitely some movement towards Tav’s  head

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

I love the bit in the original video from the Brum Twitter page where they cut to Bellingham when he crosses the ball so you can't see whether Maghoma is offside or not. Literally like half a second of video cuts just to Bellingham as the cross goes in, not a different camera, not a different angle, same camera, zoomed in on Bellingham to further divert away from that possible point. It's not even clear if it's offside or not but they had to be absolutely sure nobody would question it.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I love the bit in the original video from the Brum Twitter page where they cut to Bellingham when he crosses the ball so you can't see whether Maghoma is offside or not. Literally like half a second of video cuts just to Bellingham as the cross goes in, not a different camera, not a different angle, same camera, zoomed in on Bellingham to further divert away from that possible point. It's not even clear if it's offside or not but they had to be absolutely sure nobody would question it.

Having watched it multiple times now I'm pretty convinced he's offside, he's way ahead of everyone else. I suppose the argument is whether he's in line with the cross, but it didn't look it to me.

Either way; I find it incredible that they're genuinely arguing about this; rather than just acknowledging the reffing howler here is the ref not stopping the game earlier.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Having watched it multiple times now I'm pretty convinced he's offside, he's way ahead of everyone else. I suppose the argument is whether he's in line with the cross, but it didn't look it to me.

Either way; I find it incredible that they're genuinely arguing about this; rather than just acknowledging the reffing howler here is the ref not stopping the game earlier.

It's difficult to tell because Bellingham is also ahead of the defence as he plays the ball in and if you look at the line where the grass changes colour, they look about level. I think if it was a VAR call, it might be one of those absolutely miniscule offside calls based on where his shoulder is or some *** like that.

• Like 2

I thought the ref's best move last night was bodychecking one of their players to give us possession.............comedy gold...Assessor's report alleged to contain the word "white stick". Have to admit that I thought the fella we had for Brentford was the worst of the season, but I am willing to admit I was wrong.

Words from Leo last night .... Certainly very passionate.... I like the comments enforcing he is assistant coach not GK coach and that he always shows good discipline 😄

"After I watched the interview with Mr Clotet, the, Birmingham City manager, after the game; I noticed he mentioned my person, with a misinformation. I feel wronged to have anything untrue said about me.

Let me be clear, I didn’t even raise one hand.

This is why I want to express my thoughts.

You can say anything you want, that is a human right, and I respect that. However, when questioned in the interview about your own goalkeeper shouting for help, a response was given that the goalkeeper was not being watched.

Surely, given our bench, and the Birmingham city keeper himself was shouting for help, somebody must have noticed. If not, I apologise.

I was trying to protect my player, as is always my number one priority.

After Tavernier got a head injury, players of both teams called with urgency for the team doctor and for first aid. The game was still in play, and our team doctor and physiotherapist were running into the field to give the necessary assistance, as is common practice with a head injury.

The referee blew his whistle before the goal was scored - therefore the opposition team scored a disallowed goal. Mr Clotet went over the throw-in line to celebrate the winning goal, when Tavernier is still getting first aid assistance.

Then is when I reacted, coming to telling Birmingham manager; "Respect, stop the celebration, look how bad is him on the field"

I want to make this very clear; in 14 years as a staff member in my career, this my first red card.

My good discipline teaches me how to behave with challenging situations when I think I am not met with the same respect. Even if I was spat at, there’s no reaction.

I didn't throw any punches as was said.
Also I'm not the goalkeeping coach of Middlesbrough, I’m assistant coach, and as coaches, we have to be aware of what is happening on the entire field, and not only where the ball is. Player safety of both teams is always of utmost importance.

I will be making no further comment on this matter, and I welcome Birmingham staff at any time and wish them well for the remainder of the season.

I hope you understand why I needed to put my side of the story.

Because at the end of the day, life will always come before football passion."

image.png.f20a41ee165529cffece4050fc36a69b.png

• Thanks 1
On 1/22/2020 at 3:12 PM, BoroJake said:

I think they are more likely to get in trouble for the foul itself on Tav. Not quite sure whether it was deliberate or not. There is definitely some movement towards Tav’s  head

There were actually 2 fouls, the first as a hack at Tav which unbalanced him, then the elbow to the temple which may have been a cheap shot, or just reckless, either way it was a foul. Add on to that the ref had blown before the goal AND MAghoma was offside before Jutkewitz put the ball in the net. So lets get this right Clotet wants to ignore 4 clear infringements for his goal to stand, what a clown.

I've got to say I think I was right we should have had McNair man-marking Jutkewitz, it was when he got free to challenge Howson that he scored. McNair is big enough to make sure he doesn't get a free header.