oneBoro Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OldManGravz

Boro v Birmingham 1-1 (Fletcher)

Is it time to start a new manager thread? ūü§Ē

Injuries were going to come... paperthin squad exhausted.. now we will see just how much Mr Gibson can find down the sofa because we are at bare bones... not a single fit CB is not a great place.

There has to be a reason we're getting so many injuries under Woodgate as I mean under Pulis was hardly any at all!

Just now, DurhamRed said:

There has to be a reason we're getting so many injuries under Woodgate as I mean under Pulis was hardly any at all!

Probably the fact we have had 800 games already and everyone has had to play basically every game

Recall Browne and Bola?

Also why did we loan out Bola if we were going to play Johnson there when Coulson isn’t fit?! 

2 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Is it time to start a new manager thread? ūü§Ē

NO! Not even in jest...

• Like 1

This is how I imagine CT would do the PA stuff.¬†ūüėŹ

Hard to blame Woody for the players taking terrible pens and losing all brainpower the second they get into the box.

Anyone still think the replay with Spurs was a good thing after all these hammys...?

• Like 1

When we got the penalty... Up to that point .. it looked like a cruise we would win with ease ... 
Then Paddy misses badly  ... How can he be best pnalty taker option, when he only aims for the same spot in the same side of the goal ... 
Then Roberts gets injured ...  And just as things couldn't get worse, a former player scores against us .. But, ladies and gents .. that't not all .. Our only senior Cb gets injured as well .. 

You couldn't make it up .. It's so freakish! 

• Haha 1

And absolute div divs on here were genuinely working on calculating a play off place! Jesus Christ 

survival - snap your hand off. Next season could be really exciting if we get recruitment right in January and in the summer. 

1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

Ah see Pulis did the overhaul of the medical staff but we don't yet know if Woodgate overhauled Pulis' overhaul of Karanka's overhaul.

Spence reminds me of Adama before he got real good ..  Fast, good dribbling .. but awful key passes and crosses

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Latest Posts

• The changing of formation isn't the problem with Woody. I can understand why he has played both 4-3-3 and 3-5-2 for various circumstances. However the players constantly look totally lost and there is zero cohesion in what we are seemingly trying to do on the pitch. There is just no improvement at all like the players don't know what is expected of them. It looks like he's just sending them out to play 10 individual games. And it's everything from pressing, marking and attacking play. It's just completely random and it's very evident that he hasn't got the tools to put his points across - or simply doesn't have a clue at all. I'm leaning towards the latter.
    • If you've read the full article, and I'm sure you have, it feels more like he's just giving the answers people want to here tbh.¬† He talks about us needing a change in mentality and that you need to know how to fight.¬† Then later on he says that Barnsley didn't want it more than us but that we lacked quality and decision making.¬† He's contradicting himself although I don't think he meant to, he's just not a public speaker, he's a footballer being hit with questions after a disappointing defeat and he's trying to say the right things. ¬†
    • Inspiree by the red bull conversation¬† and I'll admit looking at Wolves with envious eyes the thought that if we had allowed Mendes more involvement that we could be doing it instead of them upsets me.¬† Time and again when I bring this up I get the arguement of the soul of the club, heritage and identity. So what are they? I have been¬† boro fan for 40 years in that time we have had 2 stadiums, been¬† team of local boys, the Spanish ramada, spl lite, home of mercenaries. Had countless managers played every formation and style under the sun and an ever changing kit. So what it is about boro what is our identity?
    • Please, someone tell me this is true, and Warnock is here to rescue us from an unmitigated disaster if we get relegated.
    • You didn't though, I wrote 2 paragraphs on how the changes unfolded and how people commonly discussed how he needed to make changes early on whilst some are now saying he shouldn't have changed.¬†You said his changes recently are up for discussion because they are of his choice and we aren't improving¬†and I literally never denied that. I'm saying it's doublespeak to both criticise him for doing and not doing something referencing the same points in time and you've changed that into a discussion about how we can criticise his changes like I've said nobody can... I can only conclude you simply want to have an argument with a fence post at the moment.