Changing Times

The Best Thread In The World!

Stupid Duvel  

8 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. How much does Duvel suck?

• A lot
    • Even more than that

You were snorting Absinthe? In my early 20s, we were snorting Pro Plus before uni deadlines.

• Haha 1

wow......................we thought we were bad lads when we sniffed sherbert....(not recommended as a repeat experience) 

• Haha 1

I once drank 6 beers in one go in a beerbong on the beach💪

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

You were snorting Absinthe? In my early 20s, we were snorting Pro Plus before uni deadlines.

Among other things *ahem*

Inhaling burning alcohol is quite interesting. A barman once poured a couple of measures of Aftershock into a tumbler, set it on fire, quickly tipped the glass upside down onto a tray, stuck two flattish straws under the glass and encouraged me and my mate to inhale the vapour. I could hardly stand for a few minutes afterwards, but the sensation passed far more quickly than if we'd drunk it.

Now I'm in 'comfortable' middle age, I much prefer a bottle of Trooper. Tastes good, goes down easily and it has Eddie on the label. What more could you ask for?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/23/2020 at 9:00 AM, wilsoncgp said:

God, I'm having flashbacks to my time at uni now.

1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

Inhaling burning alcohol is quite interesting. A barman once poured a couple of measures of Aftershock into a tumbler, set it on fire, quickly tipped the glass upside down onto a tray, stuck two flattish straws under the glass and encouraged me and my mate to inhale the vapour. I could hardly stand for a few minutes afterwards, but the sensation passed far more quickly than if we'd drunk it.

Now I'm in 'comfortable' middle age, I much prefer a bottle of Trooper. Tastes good, goes down easily and it has Eddie on the label. What more could you ask for?

My favorite band!

iron maiden GIF

24 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

My favorite band!

iron maiden GIF

I'm so glad they're headlining Download Festival this year. Last time I saw them at Download, a 747 flew over the main stage mid-set, and it was one of those absolutely perfect festival moments.

1 minute ago, RiseAgainst said:

I'm so glad they're headlining Download Festival this year. Last time I saw them at Download, a 747 flew over the main stage mid-set, and it was one of those absolutely perfect festival moments.

Aces high, dude 😛

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

I was there for that, I thought it was an old war plane though like a spitfire or something 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 11:40 AM, OldManGravz said:

I was there for that, I thought it was an old war plane though like a spitfire or something 

They actually did that a few years back...arranged for a Spitfire to fly over Donington for Aces High. Think it was a one-off thing though (very expensive "prop" - even for a band like Maiden).

Might've been the RAF Centenary year.