Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Charlton game


Recommended Posts

I'm taking the family to London on the weekend for the away game at Charlton. My wife and two kids have said they'd give it at try and watch a Boro game. Does anyone know when the away tickets go on general sale? Or can anyone help out with 4 tickets 🙂 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OldManGravz said:

Might be better off seeing if any ST holders on here are not going and using their cards to book early 

I remember going to charlton a few years ago under Karanka. I don't think the away end was even half full, so just thought it would be the same this time, considering we aren't exactly flying.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know about the restrictions for tickets but are anyone on here going to the game that can help me out with 4 tickets? I'll happily meet up before the game for the tickets, and wire the money in advance. Otherwise I'll just take my chance on the general sale. There is no info on the website though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just ordered our tickets for the game. Had completely forgot but thankfully not sold out. Just over 150 tickets left though. 1 pound for U11 is a real bargain. 50 quid for the 4 of us isn't too bad. Looking forward to it now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2020 at 12:39 PM, Borodane said:

I remember going to charlton a few years ago under Karanka. I don't think the away end was even half full, so just thought it would be the same this time, considering we aren't exactly flying.

Yeah - remember a trip to the Valley a few years back (under Karanka I think) and the away stand had plenty of spare seats. I got a ticket on the day. Think we got a goalless draw that time.

 

On a less serious note...you are a terrible husband and father! Why would you do that to them? 😝

Still, if you're making a weekend of it, there's still shopping & sightseeing etc. I think we can guess how the Boro experience will work out, but hope the rest of the trip is enjoyable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Yeah - remember a trip to the Valley a few years back (under Karanka I think) and the away stand had plenty of spare seats. I got a ticket on the day. Think we got a goalless draw that time.

 

On a less serious note...you are a terrible husband and father! Why would you do that to them? 😝

Still, if you're making a weekend of it, there's still shopping & sightseeing etc. I think we can guess how the Boro experience will work out, but hope the rest of the trip is enjoyable.

I was at Charlton game a few years back under AK. Finished 0-0 and yeah there was plenty of room in the away end. Bikey played for Charlton that game and got plenty of abuse "You fat ***, you fat ***". After the game he came to the away end and pulled up his shirt to the amusement of the crowd 😝

Link to post
Share on other sites

My Dad was Boro born but moved down south when he was 18. One of the very first games he took me to was Charlton away and now 20 years later i am returning the favour, Absolutely buzzing for the game since our first together in years!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Question for the londoners out there. We’re two adults and two kids under 11 years. Which travel ticket would be best to get in London? I get that the kids travel for free regardless. 
Would the Oyster Visitor card be best and just pay at every fare, or would a 3 day Travelcard be better with unlimited fares?

We are staying close to Blackfriars station. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Borodane said:

Question for the londoners out there. We’re two adults and two kids under 11 years. Which travel ticket would be best to get in London? I get that the kids travel for free regardless. 
Would the Oyster Visitor card be best and just pay at every fare, or would a 3 day Travelcard be better with unlimited fares?

We are staying close to Blackfriars station. 

I'm not from London but often go there for matches and social events. It depends on how much you intend on using the tube.

For myself it works much better to use my contactless debit card at the gates as it only charges the distance between where you got on and got off (although i'm not sure how this works with children), not only that, its much quicker than having to queue up for a ticket or risk losing your tickets. Just make sure you remember to scan out when leaving otherwise you will be charged the maximum fare.

If you plan on travelling around London quite a bit i would recommend a travel card.

 

EDIT: Here's a link explaining how the contactless system works

https://tfl.gov.uk/fares/how-to-pay-and-where-to-buy-tickets-and-oyster/pay-as-you-go/contactless-and-mobile-pay-as-you-go

 

EDIT 2: It appears that you need the Oyster Visitors Card to get the free/discounted childrens tickets.

Edited by ThisIzLeon
Updated with link
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Latest Posts

    • If Muniz does fall through we really do need to get some players in sharpish We've lost 30 goals from the players who've left, including 6 of our 8 top scorers (assuming Akpom leaves) and so far have brought in 15 goals with Ikpeazu, Crooks and Ameobi  This for a side that's already notoriously low scoring and lacking in creativity What worries me is the absence of links to wingers and attacking midfielders other than Lazaro and a few washed up has beens  11 days till Fulham...    
    • What will happen is; Muniz will go to Athletico We will bid for Lazaro We will agree a deal for Lazaro  Fulham will bid for lazaro We will buy Smith from Rotherham
    • Get begging Muniz to join us Twitter link
    • He will undoubtedly sign for Fulham and play for one of the most inoffensive clubs in English football in one of the least intimidating grounds in England.  He won't have a clue though. 
    • Yeah that is what I meant. Fulham never technically beat us to Bryan. They beat Villa to him. We were technically not in running for Bryan as far as player was concerned. His 3rd and final choice.

×
×
  • Create New...