oneBoro Forum

Boro v Blackburn Rovers 1-1 (Coulson)

BORO v BLACKBURN ROVERS!
image.thumb.png.e0ff286e32f929543f55ed83b155b4c2.png

So .. Are you ready for a song? 

I'll do that next time 😛 

Blackburn Rovers visit the Riverside this Saturday at 3.00 PM. 

The visitors are without Bradley Dack but will probably start with Danny Graham and Stewart Downing.. 2 ex Boro boys. 

Roberts will for sure be out, which is a shame, cause he has really shown glimpses of some magic... attacking football  .. something we didn't see much last season. 

The visitors come with a few good results, a win over QPR and a 5-0 hammering where Sheffield Wednesday lost at home. 

Questions:

Team and formation?

Will we see any new players or/and will anyone leave before Friday @ 11.00 PM?

Result?

Are you going? 

Has anyone seen Ben Gibson today?

Have you tried the new dark mode? 

View from Rovers fans:   https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/forum/4-football-messageboard/

UTB!

• Like 6
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BORO v BLACKBURN ROVERS! So .. Are you ready for a song?  I'll do that next time 😛  Blackburn Rovers visit the Riverside this Saturday at 3.00 PM.  The visitors are without Bradley Dack bu

I think Rudy did well .. Might be an unpopular opinion, but to bring himself in position for those chances is good work on it's own.  With more game time he will be more sharp. With him on the pitch

Goal scoring machine Marcus Browne has scored 2 for Oxford this afternoon

Posted Images

-------------------Pears--------------------

---------Howson-McNair-Fry---------

Spence-------------------------Coulson

---------Wing---Saville---Tav-----------

-----------Fletcher--Nmecha-----------

Reckon we will see one defender in, but he won't be included in the squad.

We will win this one 2-1. Fletcher and Nmecha.

Will be watching from at home.

I think I saw Gibsons car. May have had one of his rumoured medicals at my local club. He like those medicals.

Not tried the dark mode yet.

• Like 1

Questions:

Team and formation?

M3GX0Ri.png

Will we see any new players or / and will anyone leave before Friday @ 11.00 PM?

No idea...I don't keep up with the rumour mill. Its less stressful / disappointing just to see the state of play the day after.

Result?

I have a bad feeling about this one, given we are up against not only Mogga, but also 2 ex-players. Its probably worth having a punt on either Granny Graham or Stewie Downing scoring against us...or both!

I don't see us keeping a clean sheet, so the best we can hope for is a draw...especially given our defensive crisis. Heart says we can sneak a 1-1, but my head says Blackburn will be heading back to Lancashire with all 3 points. Prediction: Boro 1 - 2 Blackburn.

Are you going? 

Am I 'eck as like! It'd be a long trek to either Boro or Blackburn from where I live (down south...not to be confused with DS!).

Has anyone seen Ben Gibson today?

Rumour has it he was spotted in the Hartlepool branch of Marks & Spencer, the other day.

Have you tried the new dark mode? 

Been using it for a while now. Got switched over by the Admin after posting on his thread about it. Love it...apart from the fact you can't use coloured text in this mode.

The Blackburn thread makes interesting reading. Somewhat confident of a result, but not hugely so. Not overly enamoured of Mogga either apparently:

"i remember mowbray as a player,fantastic centre back,hard as nails and 1000% commited,he`s not my idea of a good manager though".

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 1

Nice job SmogDane 👍🏻

I'd go with the same as BoroDane apart from I'd go with big Ass up front, however Fletcher and Nmecha rhymes so I won't.

I think so, yeah.

2-0, I think we'll send them back over the Pennines with a smack bottom.

I'll be there.

He's just been round mine for a cup of tea, taking selfies dunking his jammy dodgers and posting them on instas.

No, but it sounds exciting! Perhaps I'll try it tonight when I come in from work and my wife's asleep.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Liquid said:

Nice job SmogDane 👍🏻

I'd go with the same as BoroDane apart from I'd go with big Ass up front, however Fletcher and Nmecha rhymes so I won't.

I think so, yeah.

2-0, I think we'll send them back over the Pennines with a smack bottom.

I'll be there.

He's just been round mine for a cup of tea, taking selfies dunking his jammy dodgers and posting them on instas.

No, but it sounds exciting! Perhaps I'll try it tonight when I come in from work and my wife's asleep.

Have you mixed this up with a different post from @SmogDane a few months back? 😂

• Haha 2

Good effort SD but I had to do my usual edit (just for you)

The game hard one to call because they have done very well of late and scoring for fun.

Downing will love to have a good away win and to score on top.

We need a win, results by others of late have reduced the gap points wise.

Probably a score draw but as mentioned we really do need the win

Game day.
Blackburn are second in the form table for away games and Boro are second for home games. So all things been equal this had draw written all over it. 
But with the 10 days rest I’m expecting a rejuvenated Boro to come out of the blocks. And going for a 2-1 win with Stewy scoring for them 

• Like 1

• Latest Posts

• I think United have been trying to use Henderson when they can since Sheffield United last loaned him, don't think there was a plan for him to be loaned out.
    • Ah i see. I thought he was bought in as it was anticipated Henderson might be loaned out. They still got Lee Grant i think who 4th choice there. 
    • Hartlepool, Harrogate, Newcastle or Leeds please. (Away)  
    • words rarely seen in same sentence.            Joey Barton is innocent..  or not guilty. Obviously Barnsley manager dived despite testimony of eyewitness 
    • It’s clear Wilder plans on a long term stay at Boro. He has a “free hit” this season, as expectations are not sky high. We have limited money available and moving players on may not be easy as supposedly we pay more that a lot of clubs (maybe to get players to the north-east?). All of the above suggests to me, he will only sign players in January who are exactly what he wants and that if he can’t find them he will be prepared to wait until the summer rather than settle for something second best. That being the case we might not see as much movement as is hoped. The departures might be limited to those who definitely can’t  fit into the style and those with longer term contracts where we might as well take the hit now as later, but in each case only where we can find the right replacement and we get the right saving (either in transfer fee or in cutting wage bill). Incomings might be one or two permanents, plus loans from Premier League where we have no long term commitment or huge cost In terms of possible departures, Hall fits into the first category and if we can’t find an experienced replacement, Wilder might be planning to use Wood to give him experience and see if he can step up. Uche fits into both categories and if we can get some of our money back, I think he will be on the road. With Hernandez and JLS, it depends on whether there are any recall clauses allowing us to end the loan in January. I would doubt it - and both can do as squad members until end of season, so I am a bit doubtful they will be on the way. Stoj ends his contract at the end of the season and he may be able to find another club to take on his wages. If he does, then maybe one of Hemmings or Brynn will be recalled as third keeper. In terms of quality I think they would be fine, although in many ways they would be better getting first team experience where they are. Although I am not a fan of either Daniels or Lumley, again I think our wage commitment to them may prevent either leaving - unless we can and want to loan an equivalent of Dean Henderson ( as he was when SU loaned him). If Wilder can get his ball playing centre half, then Dijksteel can cover RWB and I would leave Spence to get the experience at Forest. yes, it helps them, but it may be beneficial in long term either in his development and attitude or in raising his value. So for me, OUT - Hall, Uche, Stoj and Browne and Coburn on loan. IN - good centre half and a couple of forwards, maybe one on loan. Also either Taylor or another left back for the rest of the season. Any other incomings only where we get a bargain or cut out other clubs ( e.g. where a player will be out of contract in summer and we would end up in a bidding war)