oneBoro Forum

Boro v Brentford (a) 2-3 (Wing, Fletcher)

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BRENTFORD v MIDDLESBROUGH.  Introduction The transfer window is done and dusted, with 5 incomings during January and only 1 major departure. In a shock turn of events most Boro fans actually

Thought you were unlucky not to get a point out of the game and fair play you came to have a go and win.We have had plenty of sides who have just shut up shop and time waste so it was good to have an

Really thought I had a chance to watch Quest tonight, in fact it is becoming a quest to watch Quest

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

Current form can change at any time and give you a swift kick in the goolies. It's also another reason why bookies are rich.

I wonder who the bookies fancy? 

With the arrival of Big Harold, the recovery of Coulson from illness and Shotton from injury, it is faintly possible that we will be able to field a team of players that are in their "natural" positions..defenders in the defence and midfielders in the midfield...this may allow our forwards to be able to get the ball near the box rather than continually track back to halfway line or try to beat two or three men cutting in from the wing...if we can keep them out for the first 15-20 minutes, we could come away with something, if not, then treat it as a damage limitation game and get through it without injuries, cards  and shipping a boatload of goals...Brentford are one of the best teams in the league and we are a team that has hardly been able to field our best side all season, so I will take whatever we can get this side of a thrashing...we have a decent run of fixtures coming up that could see us in a fairly safe position by the end of the month, so if we can't win, we should try not to lose our draw(er)s

• Like 1

It would be heroic to predict anything but a Brentford win. I think Woody will continue as normal, so we may well see the introduction of strikers once we are a goal down. Not sure why we don’t go out and try to win games instead of trying not to lose.

Should a portion of the many draws we have,  been converted to wins, we may well have been up in the top half. The teams just needs a bit more ambition, tweaking and a bit of luck to start turning draws to wins and I am still convinced we are good enough for 12th place finish. 

Pears

Shotton, Moukoudi, Fry, Coulson

Paddy, Howson, Saville

Nmecha, Fletcher, Johnson 

Wing and Tav need a rest, I think.  Shotton will do a decent Job at RB again. Paddy and Howson back in the midfield anc can still help out in defense when Brentford have the ball.

Then I would later try Rav and Britt from the bench and big Rudy as a joker for the last 15 minutes if needed.

On 2/2/2020 at 9:38 AM, TeaCider24 said:

It's a big month for us with the upcoming relegation matches, but I fear Brentford will prove too much for us. They're fantastic.

Stand by for a shock 1-2 win 

10 hours ago, Old Codger said:

With the arrival of Big Harold, the recovery of Coulson from illness and Shotton from injury, it is faintly possible that we will be able to field a team of players that are in their "natural" positions..defenders in the defence and midfielders in the midfield...this may allow our forwards to be able to get the ball near the box rather than continually track back to halfway line or try to beat two or three men cutting in from the wing...if we can keep them out for the first 15-20 minutes, we could come away with something, if not, then treat it as a damage limitation game and get through it without injuries, cards  and shipping a boatload of goals...Brentford are one of the best teams in the league and we are a team that has hardly been able to field our best side all season, so I will take whatever we can get this side of a thrashing...we have a decent run of fixtures coming up that could see us in a fairly safe position by the end of the month, so if we can't win, we should try not to lose our draw(er)s

So were W.Brom