oneBoro Forum

Boro v Brentford (a) 2-3 (Wing, Fletcher)

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BRENTFORD v MIDDLESBROUGH.  Introduction The transfer window is done and dusted, with 5 incomings during January and only 1 major departure. In a shock turn of events most Boro fans actually

Thought you were unlucky not to get a point out of the game and fair play you came to have a go and win.We have had plenty of sides who have just shut up shop and time waste so it was good to have an

Really thought I had a chance to watch Quest tonight, in fact it is becoming a quest to watch Quest

Posted Images

Nice job Bear 😄

New Players?

Yea, I think we should start both Moukoudi and Morrison. Why waste time, get them straight in there, bear.

Cars?

We are the mighty VW Bora of course✊🏻

Roberts?

Yes, we miss him like a Diesel with a busted turbo. Hopefully Morrison will prove to be the replacement and remap that we need to put away the BM.

Defence?

I'd go with the back four and put Howson/Mcnair in that deeper role in the midfield.

Score?

3-2 Boro with Assombalonga and Fletcher up front.

smoke GIF

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

Pears

Shotton, Moukoudi, Fry, Coulson

Paddy, Howson, Saville

Nmecha, Fletcher, Johnson 

Wing and Tav need a rest, I think.  Shotton will do a decent Job at RB again. Paddy and Howson back in the midfield anc can still help out in defense when Brentford have the ball.

Then I would later try Rav and Britt from the bench and big Rudy as a joker for the last 15 minutes if needed.

They've just had ten bloody days off! 😂😂

Brilliant thread as usual Bear...best gif user on the forum by far! 😂👏

The Big Questions:

Will we see Moukoudi and Morrison for this fixture? 

I'd like to see them start, as I think we need to shake things up a bit, after some lacklustre performances. However I don't see Woody throwing them straight in to a tough away game. Maybe on the bench?

If Brentford's front three is a 'BMW', what car best describes our attackers?

top gear reliant robin GIF

How much do we miss Patrick Roberts? 

big brother idk GIF by Big Brother After Dark

THIS MUCH!!!

How would you line up for this match? Back 4? Or 3 with wing backs? 

We seem to work better with a back 4. But given the quality of the players at our disposal, I'm not sure it'll make much difference in this game.

In lieu of that Woody really needs to focus on having a strong midfield platform that will allow us some control of the game...also putting less pressure on the defence.

This is another game where I'd be really happy with a point, but am quite prepared for a defeat. Brentford are 5th in the table, 6 points off the top and have a ridiculous GD of +26 (best in the league)!

Frankly if we do get a draw it'll be a minor miracle. However, I really think it will be "null points" for Boro this time around. Could be in for a thumping.

Prediction: Brentford 3 - 0 Boro

EDIT:

I really think we are going to regret signing Morrison. A player with his history, joining a struggling team, where he could be in and out of the starting XI spells trouble IMO. You heard it here first.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, OldManGravz said:

They've just had ten bloody days off! 😂😂

You know what I mean, Silly Face 😉

Do you think they looked good v Rovers? 

They need a rest mentally more than physical... 

• Like 1
On 2/2/2020 at 10:52 AM, Dan1234 said:

Dont want to see the 3 at the back anymore. 

Pears

Spence  Fry  Moukoudi  Coulson

McNair  Howson   Tav/Wing

Nmecha                          Fletcher 

Britt 

This was the team I had in mind. Coulson and Spence both have the pace to try and deal with their quick outside forwards. I don't wan't them too far up field for this game and I'd like Fry and Moukoudi to just do what they do best and concentrate on being central defenders. Moukoudi has played enough to be match fit. I'd probably start Wing ahead of Tav as he has a better passing range to get it forward to our attackers.

I'm not expecting anyhting from the game as Brentford are on a roll and we still have a squad that's been limping along for a months now. Hopefully we will see a performance like away at WBA.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, sanddancer said:

It would be heroic to predict anything but a Brentford win.

I'll always answer the call when heroism is required 💪

dc comics hello GIF by Looney Tunes

Boro will scrape a completely undeserved draw in a game in which we are completely dominated and look like a pub team 👍🤸‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
7 hours ago, SmogDane said:

Pears

Shotton, Moukoudi, Fry, Coulson

Paddy, Howson, Saville

Nmecha, Fletcher, Johnson 

Wing and Tav need a rest, I think.  Shotton will do a decent Job at RB again. Paddy and Howson back in the midfield anc can still help out in defense when Brentford have the ball.

Then I would later try Rav and Britt from the bench and big Rudy as a joker for the last 15 minutes if needed.

Shotton has only had 60mins after 3 months injured. I'd be surprised to see him fit enough to start. If he was fit enough I'd probably play him.

They play a front 3, so a back 4 would be a better plan than a back 5. I'm going for :

.............Pears

Howson...Moukoudi...Fry....Coulson

....McNair....Clayton....Saville

......Nmecha...............Tav

.................Fletcher

Subs: Stojanovic/ Spence/ Shotton/ Johnson/ Wing/ Morrison/ Britt

That squad has effectively got 4 new/returning players: Moukoudi, Stojanovic, Shotton, Morrison. In the coming weeks we should get these back in roughly this order: Friend (2 weeks), Ayala (3 weeks), Roberts (6 weeks), Dijksteel (6 weeks). That could give us a hell of a selection problem in the last month of the season.

Edited by BoroMart

2-1 to us. Amorebieta with a last gasp winner.

In all seriousness on current form, this has the hallmarks of a proper battering. But we always seem to do well away at Brentford, so it wouldn't surprise me if we got a result.

We haven't lost in our last 5 trips to Brentford in the league. Won 4 drawn 1.

• Like 2

i'd like to see this team:

----------------------pears

spence fry moukouli(sp) johnson

------------howson mcnair

nmecha-------morrison--------coulson

---------------------fletch 

subs:

britt, tav, wing, rudy, wood, sav,