oneBoro Forum

Boro v Brentford (a) 2-3 (Wing, Fletcher)

9 hours ago, Boromadman said:

Personally I’d stick with the back 3 and wingbacks for this game since it’s going to be a tough game 

Pears

howson fry moukoudi 

spence                  Coulson

mcnair Saville wing

Morrison

Fletcher 

I don't think it's fair to drop Tav for someone like Morrison. In my opinion Morrison doesn't deserve to walk into the starting lineup at the expense of someone who has worked hard to get into the team and has actually delivered throughout the season barring a later dip in form like a lot of the team. 

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BRENTFORD v MIDDLESBROUGH.  Introduction The transfer window is done and dusted, with 5 incomings during January and only 1 major departure. In a shock turn of events most Boro fans actually

Thought you were unlucky not to get a point out of the game and fair play you came to have a go and win.We have had plenty of sides who have just shut up shop and time waste so it was good to have an

Really thought I had a chance to watch Quest tonight, in fact it is becoming a quest to watch Quest

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Arguably I'd say Morrison is more suited to play off the striker but otherwise I'd agree.

Who knows. He's barely played there in the last 5 years.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, BelgianBoro said:

I think Morrison will start. I don't think Woody would have said Morrison needs a run of games to show his best and then leave him on the bench. 

He should start, our midfield is diabolique stats wise. The main ones including Tav have only conributed to a handful of goals each all season. The our best attacking stats amongst midfielders come from McNair and Howson and they've been playing at the back!

Mind you, the strikers have missed a lot of good chances to be fair.

If he's going to have the intended impact, I definitely think he needs to get in the team ASAP. Though I suspect his best impact might come against the following 3 teams, Wigan, Luton and Barnsley. If we are going to try and play a more solid outfit at Brentford, he may be best as a sub. Moukoudi I'd be putting straight in, though.

41 minutes ago, Liquid said:

He should start, our midfield is diabolique stats wise. The main ones including Tav have only conributed to a handful of goals each all season. The our best attacking stats amongst midfielders come from McNair and Howson and they've been playing at the back!

Mind you, the strikers have missed a lot of good chances to be fair.

Yeah and all the while Morrison has contributed with a handfull of goals/assists in total over the last 5 year🤣 The guy is obviously better at it than our own players🙄 Everything we've heard about him from other clubs is that he is good with the ball at his feet but is a no-show when it comes to pressing and teamwork which is something we are relying on. I really really hope that I'm wrong and he turns out to be a succes but I just don't think he's done anything throughout the last 5 years to warrant dropping our own players that have worked hard. I'd give him a go from the bench to prove himself. That said he could have had a monster week in training.

• Like 2

Well the thing is, we've brought him in to make the kind of difference Roberts was. He's no use to anyone on the bench the whole time, we might as well not have brought him in. I'm as sceptical as anyone about it but there's only one way he goes on to make that kind of difference and it's by being on the pitch. As has undoubtedly been said all throughout his career... the talent is surely there, it's up to him to buy into what we're doing and put that talent to show on the pitch.

• Like 1

I hope you're right Wilson, I just don't think it sends out a good message just a week after signing. By all means throw him on during the match and if he impresses he can start, but I don't think he should jump ahead of Tav or Wing. If anyone should be dropped it would have to be a new guy like Nmecha and then go 4-4-1-1 with Morrison behind Fletcher. But like most new players I think MOrrison needs to show what he can do coming off the bench first.

I'd put Morrison in the starting 11, even if you only get a good hour out of him before he tires, he'll be out to impress.

Brentford are playing well at the moment, but we have a good record there, won 7 and drew 1 of our last 8 away games, last beaten 1964, I'm a big believer in horses for courses so I'll go a shock 2-1 Boro win.  

38 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Yeah and all the while Morrison has contributed with a handfull of goals/assists in total over the last 5 year🤣 The guy is obviously better at it than our own players🙄 Everything we've heard about him from other clubs is that he is good with the ball at his feet but is a no-show when it comes to pressing and teamwork which is something we are relying on. I really really hope that I'm wrong and he turns out to be a succes but I just don't think he's done anything throughout the last 5 years to warrant dropping our own players that have worked hard. I'd give him a go from the bench to prove himself. That said he could have had a monster week in training.

I appreciate your points BD. Especially about his stats over the last few years.

I have to say though, if RM plays the remainder of the season, hypothetically speaking I think he would prove to be more of key player, contributing more than anyone we've got at the moment. Don't you think?

I don't intend to be disloyal to the lads who are in there, they have worked hard. I just think Morrison's got the potential to do more than what we've been doing.

4 minutes ago, Liquid said:

I appreciate your points BD. Especially about his stats over the last few years.

I have to say though, if RM plays the remainder of the season, hypothetically speaking I think he would prove to be more of key player, contributing more than anyone we've got at the moment. Don't you think?

I don't intend to be disloyal to the lads who are in there, they have worked hard. I just think Morrison's got the potential to do more than what we've been doing.

I doubt it.

19 minutes ago, Liquid said:

No I don't because he has shown for past 5 years that he can't contribute with much else but frustration behind the scenes. What makes you think that can suddenly offer anything? I'll give him a chance but he has to earn it first and I'm not expecting anything. If his career so far has shown anything it's that he will initially impress but fade away quickly never to be seen again.

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

I hope you're right Wilson, I just don't think it sends out a good message just a week after signing. By all means throw him on during the match and if he impresses he can start, but I don't think he should jump ahead of Tav or Wing. If anyone should be dropped it would have to be a new guy like Nmecha and then go 4-4-1-1 with Morrison behind Fletcher. But like most new players I think MOrrison needs to show what he can do coming off the bench first.

I suspect if anyone was dropped it would be Nmecha and not Tav or Wing. If anything, it might be more likely to see Moukoudi forcing one of the 2 midfielders out as either Howson or McNair gets pushed forward.

Arguably, I'd say Nmecha has worked hard so far too, he's came relatively out of nowhere and has at least tried to show what he's about on the pitch even if it's not always coming off for him so I still think in that regard, it could be perceived as harsh on Nmecha for being dropped but if we have a squad Woody is happy with right now, he now has to challenge them all to win their place in the team by being effective and not just working hard.

If Woodgate truly thinks Morrison can offer what he says he can, he has to be on the pitch to prove it. That's the only way he can get the sceptics off his back. Again, maybe not this game but perhaps Wigan away and the like would be games where you think we need a more attacking incentive and thus need a player with Morrison's skillset on the pitch. I don't think he's had any injury problems this season so he should be fit enough to play. So long as he's not already started missing training and whatnot and is working as hard as anyone else during the week, I won't be entirely against him starting a game until he shows in a Boro shirt exactly why he shouldn't be.

• Like 1