oneBoro Forum

Boro v Brentford (a) 2-3 (Wing, Fletcher)

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BRENTFORD v MIDDLESBROUGH.  Introduction The transfer window is done and dusted, with 5 incomings during January and only 1 major departure. In a shock turn of events most Boro fans actually

Thought you were unlucky not to get a point out of the game and fair play you came to have a go and win.We have had plenty of sides who have just shut up shop and time waste so it was good to have an

Really thought I had a chance to watch Quest tonight, in fact it is becoming a quest to watch Quest

Posted Images

I'd put Morrison in from the start. He's been brought in to do a job that Wing has proved himself incapable of doing consistently, and Tavernier has been off the boil in doing recently, and that's to create a link between the midfield and the forwards.

I'm not saying Morrison will instantly do that either, but that's why he's been loaned in, and let's face it, no-one else in that position (Roberts excluded) has really done enough to justify any sort of outrage if they lose the shirt.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Apparently the new GK is very good..  also Moukoudi is an absolute monster but has moments where he switches off.  Hope its not another Andre Bikey.

Very good as in better than Pears? If so, then it’s a difficult choice. For me Pears hasn't done anything wrong and doesn’t deserve to lose his place. On the other hand if the new keeper is thought to be better, should he have to wait until Pears actually has a bad game?

if he is better, the cynic in me wonders if they are waiting until Pears signs his new contract before bringing the new lad in?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Borodane said:

No I don't because he has shown for past 5 years that he can't contribute with much else but frustration behind the scenes. What makes you think that can suddenly offer anything? I'll give him a chance but he has to earn it first and I'm not expecting anything. If his career so far has shown anything it's that he will initially impress but fade away quickly never to be seen again.

Because i believe there is a top quality player in there that I believe we will bring out to play, whereas everyone else has been a bit mediocre to be blunt.

Fair dos to the points you make and based on his history, what I'm saying is totally illogical. Just a bit of a hunch.

He will prove himself and if he doesn't I hold my hands up no question about it.

He'll probably play Tav, Sav and Rav, with Fletcher and Nmetcha we'll keep the rhymes concurrent through the line up.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Perhaps not part of the grand scheme of things but to me it is important that we can get at least a point out of this match.

With the other fixtures and depending on those results we could end up a lot closer to those below and become a little bit more uncomfortable in terms of point gap and position in the table.

Yes we have 3 crucial games coming up but that is no guarantee we get 9 points from those games.

So to me a "must not lose" game

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Kind of see this game as a "free hit" but Brentford fans seem to see us as their bogey team, especially at their place so who knows what could happen today.

Morrison should start, I want to see if he really is desperate to impress. 

Understandably, earlier this season was the first time they've beaten us since the war IIRC.

I'll cling to that, but I expect today to be very, very tough.

• Like 1

I have a feeling Moukoudi will start in a 3 man defence with Howson and Fry with Paddy being pushed forward.

I think Ravel will start on bench. Although i do think next weeks home game v Luton is ideal game for him to make his full debut which is a game we must take 3pts irrespective of what happens today and at Wigan on Tues. Albeit Tuesday is very huge too.

52 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Really need Preston to beat Wigan today, or Tuesday really is crunch time.

100% agree with this. Had 2 fantastic results of late have Wigan. Someone needs to half they form. 

18 hours ago, Liquid said:

Because i believe there is a top quality player in there that I believe we will bring out to play, whereas everyone else has been a bit mediocre to be blunt.

Fair dos to the points you make and based on his history, what I'm saying is totally illogical. Just a bit of a hunch.

He will prove himself and if he doesn't I hold my hands up no question about it.

He'll probably play Tav, Sav and Rav, with Fletcher and Nmetcha we'll keep the rhymes concurrent through the line up.

Say what?

I agree that recently we've not made many good signings, but history shows that even when we've signed good players, they've often failed to continue their good records.

If Morrison needs a good environment to get himself sorted out and turn his career around, I really don't think Boro is the place to do that.

Very much hope I'm proven wrong, but the fact that Boro is his 10th club in the last 8 years tells its own story. I genuinely fear he is just trouble waiting to happen. One of those paradoxes. A talented player, but with a bad attitude.

Edited by AnglianRed