oneBoro Forum

Boro v Brentford (a) 2-3 (Wing, Fletcher)

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BRENTFORD v MIDDLESBROUGH.  Introduction The transfer window is done and dusted, with 5 incomings during January and only 1 major departure. In a shock turn of events most Boro fans actually

Thought you were unlucky not to get a point out of the game and fair play you came to have a go and win.We have had plenty of sides who have just shut up shop and time waste so it was good to have an

Really thought I had a chance to watch Quest tonight, in fact it is becoming a quest to watch Quest

Posted Images

Cup games aside this winless streak is beginning to be of some concern, totally eradicated the win streak and in the most using the same players.

Would still be pleased with a draw but we are not doing ourselves any favours at all.

Poor team ethics once again

Our front 3 is just not really good enough.

Tav much better deeper and central. Poor as a front 3. Johnson is just poor.

Mcnair and Wing poor, Saville is just Saville.

Back 4 looked ok, new lad and Dael looking good, Coulson and Howson ok.

Just dint think we have the quality to beat these unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He's not putting it in the box as such, he's aiming for Fry each time I think.

Well I don’t know why, I can’t remember the last time Fry won a header in the opposition box. Has he scored for Boro? Or even care close?

I'd say Boro probably deserve to be a goal down at half time.

Brentford have generally looked quicker to the ball, hustled better and their passing & movement was definitely more purposeful. That said, for all that they didn't create many clear-cut chances. Was a very scrappy goal we conceded in the end.

Boro - looked like we were chasing shadows for much the game, or else all-hands-to-the-pump defending. Don't think the Brentford keeper had a save to make...unless I missed it.

I wouldn't say we're out of this. If Woody can ring the changes effectively, we could still get a point. Brentford certainly don't look unbeatable.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Loving Merse's pronunciations today. He's talking about Tav-an-aah now. He had real fun with Brentford's goalscorer, too.

Standard Laahndaahn dialect. Did it sound like Jennifer by any chance? 

Fletchers done nout, but not really his fault. Saying that he needs to do better at holding the ball up when he does get it. I’d bring another striker on with him go two up top, Britt or Nmecha. Also Morrison for Wing

we have ended up with 1 up front and 5 midfielders chasing shadows lol.  we need to take one of them off and put nmecha or britt on. atleast we might have the ball stick a bit longer. fletch is totally isolated.

• Like 1
Just now, AnglianRed said:

Standard Laahndaahn dialect. Did it sound like Jennifer by any chance? 

It was a bit more West Country than that. Imagine him with a straw in his mouth saying "ahhh", and you've pretty much got it.

Never understood how Merson has managed to carve out such a lengthy career on SSN when every sentence is populated with filler terms like "janowotamean" and "wossname". He makes Charlie Nicholas seem like Sir David Frost.

• Haha 1

Bit dicey. Pears is gonna have the sun in his eyes this half...

Bloody hell! Speculative effort there and Boro nearly get the equaliser!

Think it was meant as a cross by Tav but it nearly sneaked in.