oneBoro Forum

Boro v Brentford (a) 2-3 (Wing, Fletcher)

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BRENTFORD v MIDDLESBROUGH.  Introduction The transfer window is done and dusted, with 5 incomings during January and only 1 major departure. In a shock turn of events most Boro fans actually

Thought you were unlucky not to get a point out of the game and fair play you came to have a go and win.We have had plenty of sides who have just shut up shop and time waste so it was good to have an

Really thought I had a chance to watch Quest tonight, in fact it is becoming a quest to watch Quest

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Thought that was a much better 2nd half, very unlucky with the two goals we conceded, both had incredibly harsh deflections. 

We actually had an attacking threat that half.

This has to be taken into the next game right from the off, we simply have to put Luton under the cosh right from the off

I think that 2nd half the mistake was - ! Maddison was saying this on commentary - how wonky we got on the left hand side when johnson went off. We didn't have anyone that could play there naturally and it showed.

This was one of those games I was fully prepared for us to get thumped.

After the first half it looked like we still might.

But Boro, being Boro decided to start playing, made a game of the 2nd half and could have won it, at one point.

But also, Boro being Boro, were undone by some rank bad defending, with just a few minutes left.

I suppose I shouldn't be annoyed...but I am. I think we just about deserved a point from this, but schoolboy defending cost us.  Brentford were good...but they were no Leeds or West Brom. Better than us? Yes. But we could and should have got something.

I can't believe Woody and the coaches are so utterly incapable of getting our players to understand how to defend. I know 2 of them are midfielders...but they've been doing the job so long, you'd think they'd have worked it out by now.

Gonna get my dinner on and let off some steam.

Will have the Luton thread up sometime tomorrow.

• Like 2

Sounds like we went toe-to-toe with these at their own gaff for enough of this game when some expected us to get thrashed. Positives to be taken but the 2nd half of the season seems to be shaping itself nicely for the teams around the top 6 already, games like today and Fulham away were chances for us to really try and close a gap on the teams above going into the games we have ahead of us. Never say die but tough to see how we challenge with these lot now without really smashing it in the next few games.

• Like 1