oneBoro Forum

Boro v Brentford (a) 2-3 (Wing, Fletcher)

In the first half we looked weaker down the right, and it was the opposite in the second half.

Makoudi did well and looked solid and confident with the ball.  Although wing scored he was not quite as effective today as he could be, I thought instead of gestede woody should of put ravel on for wing today. But we didn't play that bad today, and there some positive signs.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BRENTFORD v MIDDLESBROUGH.  Introduction The transfer window is done and dusted, with 5 incomings during January and only 1 major departure. In a shock turn of events most Boro fans actually

Thought you were unlucky not to get a point out of the game and fair play you came to have a go and win.We have had plenty of sides who have just shut up shop and time waste so it was good to have an

Really thought I had a chance to watch Quest tonight, in fact it is becoming a quest to watch Quest

Posted Images

1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

I think there are a lot of positive things to take from this game ... We came from behind TWICE ..  We created chances  and scored 2 goals.. We had ok possesion away to a ball playing team ..  Fletcher scored again .. and so did Wing ..  Moukoudi looked class... Howson is apparantly also a very good right back .. No injuries in a fast paced end to end game...

Yes we lost .. But brentford is one of THE best attacking teams in this league and every team in this could lose away to the bees .. 

I am proud of the team today and all you negative *** can go *** a *** 😛 😄 

Haha! 😁Thats a very Viking response.

I generally would agree with you, but for the way we conceded the third goal. It really was schoolboy stuff and we should have done better there. But overall it was a fairly gutsy performance against, as you say, one of the best attacking sides in the league.

1 hour ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Must win Tuesday for me

I'll do my best, but my MD threads aren't known for producing good results. 😔

• Like 1

Looks harsh to blame Pears for the second goal, the lad belts it towards goal and it takes a deflection, Pears to his credit actually nearly saves it. Certainly wouldn't consider dropping him over that incident.

Obviously ball must have crossed the line for the first one but can't actually see when it did. Free header back post though and we needed to get something on it. Last one just looks like Watkins pulled off his marker and we didn't watch him, that is unfortunately what talented strikers do at this level and why they score so many goals. Avoidable but not surprising, I guess.

I'm pretty sure the chance the Sky highlights shows Fletcher putting over, the BBC Tees commentators said the flag went up. He should put it in but it wouldn't have counted. It doesn't show the chance Britt/Fletch missed after that.

• Like 1

Was at the game today.. played alright considering the opposition. I did think McNair was particularly sloppy.. passing all over the shop and awful control..

pears 6

howson 7

coulson 6

mouk 7

fry 6

wing 5.5

mcnair 4

saville 6

johnson 5.5

tav 6

fletcher 6

Nmecha is a bit of a wasted sub if he’s being stuck out wide. Either have him up top or not at all.

Britt put himself around and worked hard.

seen all the highlights on sky, its shows the first goal line clearance from fry. with the footage of the angle on the computer. but the goal line clearance from saville that was given as a goal it didnt show it? was it over the line then. i demand to see the computer footage, i smell a conspiracy.

30 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Was at the game today.. played alright considering the opposition. I did think McNair was particularly sloppy.. passing all over the shop and awful control..

pears 6

howson 7

coulson 6

mouk 7

fry 6

wing 5.5

mcnair 4

saville 6

johnson 5.5

tav 6

fletcher 6

Nmecha is a bit of a wasted sub if he’s being stuck out wide. Either have him up top or not at all.

Britt put himself around and worked hard.

I not seen enough of Nmecha to comment @mendieta420 but Alex Neil of Preston said he was more effective for them when used on right hand side of the front 3 as opposed to a centee forward. Not sure if Woody shares the same view.

21 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

seen all the highlights on sky, its shows the first goal line clearance from fry. with the footage of the angle on the computer. but the goal line clearance from saville that was given as a goal it didnt show it? was it over the line then. i demand to see the computer footage, i smell a conspiracy.

I'm the same. At the match I thought the ref gave us a free kick. Seen nothing in the replay to show the ball anywhere near the line.

• Like 1

I think Nmecha can play across the front 3, for sure. Whether he's going to be okay, good or great is still up for discussion but I wouldn't put him in the same category as Britt or Gestede, i.e. a one-dimensional striker.

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

For the third goal the initial cross in actually takes a huge deflection that takes it right to Watkins, who knows if we clear it if not!

Even so, really disappointing that we allowed their top goalscorer and most potent threat on the field have all the time & space he wanted to hit that shot.

Its something I've seen us do in quite a few games...leaving players unmarked in that position, or allowing them to make runs into the box & not closing them down.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Even so, really disappointing that we allowed their top goalscorer and most potent threat on the field have all the time & space he wanted to hit that shot.

Its something I've seen us do in quite a few games...leaving players unmarked in that position, or allowing them to make runs into the box & not closing them down.

It was that mentality of withdrawing and protecting the goal, not marking the free man. It was a schoolboy mistake

• Like 1

Realistically we should have went 3 or 4-2 up with the chances we had but that’s what has let us down all season as everyone knows. Similar possesion, even shots on target and we had more big chances missed according to the stats. 

it was a far better performance than most were expecting beforehand...

• Like 2