oneBoro Forum

Boro v Brentford (a) 2-3 (Wing, Fletcher)

1 minute ago, Lord_Moose said:

Good to see that our form over December was just a flash in the pan.

Well certainly no more MOM awards for a while but that form should have continued but we seem to find that elusive win so hard to find.

Said before the draw against Derby had a big impact, we've lost that winning feeling, oh that winning feeling and I hope it is not gone, gone, gone woah woah!

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BRENTFORD v MIDDLESBROUGH.  Introduction The transfer window is done and dusted, with 5 incomings during January and only 1 major departure. In a shock turn of events most Boro fans actually

Thought you were unlucky not to get a point out of the game and fair play you came to have a go and win.We have had plenty of sides who have just shut up shop and time waste so it was good to have an

Really thought I had a chance to watch Quest tonight, in fact it is becoming a quest to watch Quest

Posted Images

Not sure why Woody didn’t do anything to solidify our left side of defence in the second half. Absolutely rinsed us down their right, every time they had the ball they had a free run down the right. Was difficult for Coulson. 
Still a good performance and enjoyable game to be at. Fans were class. Big game Tuesday. 

• Like 1

I think there are a lot of positive things to take from this game ... We came from behind TWICE ..  We created chances  and scored 2 goals.. We had ok possesion away to a ball playing team ..  Fletcher scored again .. and so did Wing ..  Moukoudi looked class... Howson is apparantly also a very good right back .. No injuries in a fast paced end to end game...

Yes we lost .. But brentford is one of THE best attacking teams in this league and every team in this could lose away to the bees .. 

I am proud of the team today and all you negative *** can go *** a *** 😛 😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Well certainly no more MOM awards for a while but that form should have continued but we seem to find that elusive win so hard to find.

Said before the draw against Derby had a big impact, we've lost that winning feeling, oh that winning feeling and I hope it is not gone, gone, gone woah woah!

Hopefully these next 3 games give us the chance to put another run together, any poor results and we are right back in the mix!

When was our last late winner?

West Brom at home last season?

I know Fletcher scored in the 95th minute against West Brom this season, but we were winning anyway.

Feels like forever since I celebrated a last minute winner, just a lot of late conceding.

4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

When was our last late winner?

West Brom at home last season?

I know Fletcher scored in the 95th minute against West Brom this season, but we were winning anyway.

Feels like forever since I celebrated a last minute winner, just a lot of late conceding.

We've only won 8 games this season.  It's just nice when we get a winner at any time 🙂

• Like 3

Very frustrating result. A point would have been a great result. One positive is the gap between us and 3rd bottom remains 7pts and that cannot get any shorter.

I would not go as far as to say Wigan is a must win but we need to start better than we did today. From listening  to game it seems we tried to contain Brentford in 1st half as opposed to impose our own game on them.

Against Wigan we need to be more positive from the word go.

I can see Britt coming in for Johnson v Wigan. With Fletcher playing just off Britt. Maybe also see Ravel coming in for Tav. Rest of team will probs stay same unless we change formation.

Hopefully team gets more balanced over next few games as players regain fitness....we narrowly lost a game that many seemed to think could have been a hammering for us and that is probably the frustrating thing but a good return from the next three games might change things to the point we feel safe...so we move on 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

3 very winnable games coming up. Think we need at least 7 points ideally

I would take 5pts. 2 draws in away games and win v Luton. If we get 7pts that would be a very welcome return and i would be very happy. Here is hoping.

Never seen the game but will watch on Quest, I honestly fancied us to take something out of the game today, so disappointing,  Brantford's  3rd goal sounds bloody awful reading the posts on here. 

No wins in 5 is worrying considering we had 3 home games against beatable opposition. The next 3 games are huge considering who we're up against, honestly should be looking at maximum points, 7 points  minimum, and certainly shouldn't be losing to any of these 3.  

Once again we are the bridesmaid and not the bride. A crazy 5 mins and the game swung back and forth but I can’t help believe we did pretty well against a formidable team away from home. Formidable in terms of our current standards and not of past. Our achilles heel does seem to be the wings which most teams attack with venom. 
All in all we did well in sprit but we simply can’t find a winning formula and its costing us dearly. 

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 1