• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boro will be hitting the road once again, in search of their first win since their 2-0 victory at Preston on New Year's Day...blimey that seems a long time ago now! A spirited, though ultimately

We'd hopefully appoint a decent manager or head coach with the ability to succeed here I suppose.  I don't think Woodgate has demonstrated even slightly that he is that person and that's with people s

We were a mess yesterday, the players looked clueless and that is absolutely down to the manager in my opinion.  If you change your system and the players don't know what they are supposed to be doing

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, OldManGravz said:

Pears

Howson Moukoudi Fry

Spence McNair Saville Coulson

Wing

Fletch Britt

3-1 Boro

similar or possible a diamond in midfield

Pears

Howson Moukoudi Fry

Spence           McNair         Coulson

Wing/Tavernier    Saville

Wing/Fletch/Morrison

Britt/Fletch

Must win.  2 up front a necessity, neither of them Gestede.  Spence and Coulson to provide the width.  Probably means three CBs.  Take your pick from any of the random midfielders we have, but I'd guess Sav, Tav and Wing, with Rav to come on second half.

13 minutes ago, macapes said:

Must win.  2 up front a necessity, neither of them Gestede.  Spence and Coulson to provide the width.  Probably means three CBs.  Take your pick from any of the random midfielders we have, but I'd guess Sav, Tav and Wing, with Rav to come on second half.

Rav, Sav and Tav sounds like some dodgy Eighties pop band.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not that any of us really expected any of them (barring possibly Stojanovic) to play tonight, but he, Friend and Shotton all played in a 1-1 friendly draw with Celtic this afternoon, so that would rule them out of being involved at all. 

I thought there may be an outside chance Shotton could make the bench as a way to change things around if we needed to, but not massively surprised.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
18 minutes ago, Tom said:

Not that any of us really expected any of them (barring possibly Stojanovic) to play tonight, but he, Friend and Shotton all played in a 1-1 friendly draw with Celtic this afternoon, so that would rule them out of being involved at all. 

I thought there may be an outside chance Shotton could make the bench as a way to change things around if we needed to, but not massively surprised.

Who scored and can we get them on the bench pdq?

1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Who scored and can we get them on the bench pdq?

It was Tyrone O'Neill, who actually has been on the bench recently. It was a penalty he scored mind, and then he missed another one. May not quite be his time yet.

I'm kind of surprised O'Neill never went back out on loan to be honest. He was doing well with Darlo by all accounts, manager never wanted to lose him and whilst I understood us bringing him back at the time, I'm surprised we either didn't want him to go back out or there were no suitors. 

• Like 1
On 2/9/2020 at 11:45 AM, RiseAgainst said:

5. Pound for pound, Gestede is our worst signing ever. For a player whose height is his only perceived advantage, he's utterly crap at heading. It's like he's wearing a neck brace and steel toe caps. If I threw my cat in the air as a corner came in, she'd probably demonstrate better ball control. And her weekly wages would be a packet of Dreamies and a few Sheba sachets, which should help us meet FFP.

Feline fair Play? 

Much more winnable game tonight than against Brentford, and we weren't a million miles away there. Hopefully Spence back in and firing and we'll win 2-0

• Like 2